Dessert party check in questions

Neverbeast

Mouseketeer
I booked my group of 11 for a treats and seats party in early Sept. Reading reviews here and watching YouTuber reviews it does seem like the earlier you check in the better seating you get? But most recent reviews are all winter/early spring. Anyone been there recently to update or confirm?

What’s the check in process like? Can one or a few of us check in early and hang out with the table? Do we need to check in all together? Once we’re checked in, can some leave and come back?

(Long story but we want to send a runner to do a Casey’s pick up and we’re also wondering about overlapping G+ for a few of the big rides that only a few will want to ride… big group big logistics problems 😅)

I am curious to see the reports you’ve read / seen as I read that the tables are already assigned to the parties… I am paying the seats&treats to avoid the trouble of having to get a spot more than 1 hour before the show…

Well to be clear, it’s not really clear so that’s one reason I’m asking. And no matter what we will get a seat where my party can be together with some space around us, so I’ll be happy no matter what.

But the pattern in most of the threads here and in the videos I watched was that they check you in at the kiosk and then walk you to a table and put down a reserved sign at that point. You don’t get to choose your own table but the pattern people observed was that the outer rows filled first implying a marginally better seating for early arrivers.

What I’m more focused on than great seats is that some of our party like my 66yo mom will be ready to get there and sit while my DD11 wants to ride mountains without us being able to plan G+ times, and someone needs to get the kids protein or we’ll all regret it when they sugar crash. Just hoping there’s an easy way to check in that lets us be flexible with the 6:30-8 time window

We did this on July 6.
Seats were NOT reserved in advanced
When we were let in, we were given our choice of seats, then a reserved sign is placed on your table so you can go get your food/drinks.
I think you may be a little confused on the timing though
You want to line up early for check in. This is where the earlier the better. Since the guest pick their tables as they are let in. Obviously the earlier guests pick the tables with the better views. Once you are let in and seated you aren't going to want to wander off too much. That's your time to enjoy the treats. If your group leaves then they won't have time to eat much. If you are only paying for the seat then I suppose that won't matter to your group.
Bottom line, you don't get your table as early as you need to line up and once you get your table you want to pretty much stay together to eat desserts and be ready for fireworks.

We did this on July 6.
Seats were NOT reserved in advanced
When we were let in, we were given our choice of seats, then a reserved sign is placed on your table so you can go get your food/drinks.
I think you may be a little confused on the timing though
You want to line up early for check in. This is where the earlier the better. Since the guest pick their tables as they are let in. Obviously the earlier guests pick the tables with the better views. Once you are let in and seated you aren't going to want to wander off too much. That's your time to enjoy the treats. If your group leaves then they won't have time to eat much. If you are only paying for the seat then I suppose that won't matter to your group.
Bottom line, you don't get your table as early as you need to line up and once you get your table you want to pretty much stay together to eat desserts and be ready for fireworks.
Very helpful thank you!

How early do people start lining up? Our party starts at 8 for 9pm fireworks according to the reservation. Would you say arriving at 7 is ok? Do they check people in earlier than the party start time?

How early do people start lining up? Our party starts at 8 for 9pm fireworks according to the reservation. Would you say arriving at 7 is ok? Do they check people in earlier than the party start time?
7:00 should be fine. I'm not 100% certain what time we got in line but I am certain it wasn't earlier than that. There were a few folks in front of us at that point but not enough that it was a factor in finding a good seat.
They check you in while you are standing in line and hand out adult wrist bands, for those of drinking age but they did not start seating until start time

We did Treats and Seats on July 3rd and there was no line at the podium when we checked in at 7:45 (9:20 fireworks). There were a few tables already seated, but we were able to pick any open table. We had wristbands on, so we could come and go as we wanted. It was very relaxing getting there early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter