Dessert Parties

I'm in the same boat as many of you... waiting for a December dessert party to become available! Maybe they are waiting on something? A schedule? An annoucement of a new nighttime parade?! (Just wishful thinking there!) =D

I know that past results are no indication of future performance, as they say . But last year I booked a Plaza View Dessert Party on October 16 for December 13 or 14 (I forget the exact date). We didn't decide to do it until then, and I had no problem getting it two months out. So I wouldn't panic about it being filled up at this point As others have pointed out, December probably hasn't opened up yet, and when it does, there shouldn't be any issues getting a reservation.

I was considering starting a watch thread, because I am really getting tired of checking multiple times a day. If this many of us are in the same boat I can start one.
im in a wheelchair im waiting for all of them to open up magic kingdom and frozen ever after for december

I know that past results are no indication of future performance, as they say . But last year I booked a Plaza View Dessert Party on October 16 for December 13 or 14 (I forget the exact date). We didn't decide to do it until then, and I had no problem getting it two months out. So I wouldn't panic about it being filled up at this point As others have pointed out, December probably hasn't opened up yet, and when it does, there shouldn't be any issues getting a reservation.

Good to know. My TA said they release them slowly, so I was pretty sure CMs are wrong telling people it's sold out. I wish they wouldn't do that.

I just hope to book ours before FP day, as it's the last piece of my puzzle. I have a ways to go on that, though.

I've been trying to book a fireworks dessert party for mid oct for more than a month. I was assuming I missed out. Does it say something different if it isn't available for anyone than if I was just too late and it is all booked?

I've been trying to book a fireworks dessert party for mid oct for more than a month. I was assuming I missed out. Does it say something different if it isn't available for anyone than if I was just too late and it is all booked?
It's definitely not all booked- it's never been opened. There's several of us that have been trying for over 180 days

I haven't read this whole thread, but are they continuing the Frozen dessert party or is it discontinued after October 31?

So I see the prices are different for the HEA desert party. Garden view is cheaper then staying at the Terrence. Seems that getting a better view would cost more? Is the garden view better?

So I see the prices are different for the HEA desert party. Garden view is cheaper then staying at the Terrence. Seems that getting a better view would cost more? Is the garden view better?

I have not done the terrace view. However, I did plaza viewing 2 years ago when you could get a FP for Wishes. My entire party of 11 loved it and not having to fight the crowds. We thought the view was great for both the projection show (forget the name) and wishes. I booked the dessert party with plaza viewing for DD and I for July.

From everything I am reading and hearing on podcasts about the new firework show, the best view is from the the Plaza Garden. With the new projections and fireworks, a straight on view of the castle is best. The Terrace party allows you to watch the fireworks from a table which I assume is why it cost more? But from what I am hearing, it can have an obstructed view.

Last edited:
The parties are ridiculously overpriced, even for Disney. But yeah, I'll probably do one for our November trip if I can find availability.

Booked the Frozen DP for 10/19. Been trying to get MK DP for 10/16 since the 180 day window opened up. I was about to give up until I read this thread...

With HEA it is CRITICAL to be in front of and close to the Castle-do the Plaza Party,DO NOT do the Terrace Party!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. We are going with the garden view just thought it was strange to charge more just to be able to sit down during the fireworks and not have a better view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter