DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

Super Silly Stuff is open now. That is the gift shop at the exit of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem. They also sell some minion stuff at the Universal Studios Store.

Wikipedia currently states that the ride is expected to open on June 11th, with Soft openings already occuring!?! Only thing is I cannot find any other source that has this information. Can anyone confirm this as true? We will be at USF on June 4th but I do not want to share this with the family if it is not true! Any feedback would be much appreciated.

If that is accurate, I'll be tickled yellow!

any more quick confirmations here...?

:lmao:

Which day shall we have it open next?

:rotfl2:

Any day between now...and June 11-ish would work pretty darn good for my "1st" Itinerary ...;)...next launch window for us is by July 4th-ish... :headache:

This was what the ride details on wikipedia were showing as of last night, but it has since been changed:

Universal Studios Florida

Area

Production Central

Status

Under construction

Soft opening date

June 3, 2012

Opening date

June 11, 2012[1]

Replaced

Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast (2003–2011)

Attraction Type

3-D Simulator ride[2]

Manufacturer

Infitec

Designer

Universal Creative
Illumination Entertainment

Theme

Despicable Me

Amusement Parks Portal

Hii,

Yesterday the Examiner posted an article about it because NBC was filming a travel show outside and the post says that it opens June 11th.

To see the post just google examiner despicable me.

Any truth to any of this?

Hii,

Yesterday the Examiner posted an article about it because NBC was filming a travel show outside and the post says that it opens June 11th.

They're probably believing Wikipedia.

Hii,

That's the article I tried to link. Don't know why it didn't work.

Universal hasn't announced a date yet. It is anyone's guess whether these dates by other publications are correct.

And then, depression set in..............

DANG!!!! If this is true, We hit town the night of June 2, but spend all of June 3 with friends who used to live here. And we are NOT spending it at Universal. So I will miss the soft opening. To add insult to injury, June 11 is the date I originally wanted to come to Universal, but they took for-freaking-ever to post APH dates, so DH wanted to move it up a week so as to lock in the APH rates.

THWARTED! And I do not know if I will ever get DH back to Universal.........

I asked the guy who runs ***************.com if he had heard anything about the rumoured June 11th opening date and this was the response I got this morning:

Thank you for the tip. I wasn't able to confirm that these are official dates. However, it seems extremely likely, as all indications point to the attraction opening any day now (possibly even today).

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter