Desert Inn for mobility challenged?

Sprocket23

Earning My Ears
We are a group of 6 and I like the fact that the C2 Parlor Family Suite has two bathrooms. However we have two people who are mobility challenged who will be renting scooters. Does the Desert Inn & Suites have any elevators to the floors or is it the exterior stairs only?

They definitely have a (smallish) elevator, it's towards the front of the hotel near the B/F room / indoor pool.
Hopefully someone will be able to help you with the exact location of the Parlor Family Suite in relation to the elevator.

Hope you don't mind but wondering if I could tack on another question regarding the D.I. & S rather than start another thread.

Does anyone know where the Executive rooms are located. Are they all over the place or located in a specific area / floor?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I ended up reserving the C1 Parlor Family Suite, not the C2. I had forgotten our dates had changed. Hopefully someone will answer the question about where the Executive rooms are located, I admit I am curious if the Family Suites are spread out or specific area as well.

I stayed at Desert Inn and Suites last week. They have 3 elevators, one near the breakfast room, one near the pool and one at the back, in the courtyard area. I don't know about the location of the Executive rooms but I stayed on floor 3, and used the courtyard elevator.

Thank you for that much more accurate reply BadPinkTink!!!!
I would have sworn there was only the one elevator and thought the B/F room / pool elevator were the same - I bet I've used both! And I've also stayed down near the courtyard end!! This pandemic has really fogged my brain!
Sorry for the not so accurate reply Sprocket23!

The challenge with mobility scooters at DI&S will be navigating the narrow walkways around housekeeping carts. Just pushing a stroller, I found that there was no way around them, and often there was no staff around to move them into a room so we could get around them. Same thing happened when were checking in/out with a luggage cart. We had to go to the office to request that someone move them, it was frustrating.

As others have said-- 3 elevators. Perhaps the easiest way to describe the locations-- one next to the breakfast room (which is basically next door to the pool), one is mid-point of the property, and the last one is in the back (farthest point east) of the property.

Regarding where the executive rooms are located, I've stayed in them twice. Unfortunately, I can clearly remember only my first one. It was in the far back of the property (SE corner) on the 3rd floor. It was actually a nice set up. It was a corner room, so it got a bit more sun than the other rooms I've been in there 😀

If you find that it's difficult to navigate the hotel, you can park your scooter in the lobby and plug it in there overnight.

I will say that the elevator area is on the smaller side, so it is a little difficult to drive the scooter in and out without bumping into the wall or doing a 6 point turn. My mom would have to hop off and I would drive it in haha. Also, you probably won't be able to park it close to the door inside your room because there is not much space (at least in the C2 with the sofa bed in use), you'll have to back it up into the next room to pivot your way in and out. Totally doable, just takes a bit of a learning curve.

If they can walk a bit, I would suggest leaving the scooters in the lobby each night to charge. I consider myself a scooter expert and had a heck of a time trying to get into the elevator in the middle of the property. I am not sure about the other two elevators.

Regarding where the executive rooms are located, I've stayed in them twice. Unfortunately, I can clearly remember only my first one. It was in the far back of the property (SE corner) on the 3rd floor. It was actually a nice set up. It was a corner room, so it got a bit more sun than the other rooms I've been in there
Thank you - appreciate your insight :)

I stayed at Desert Inn and Suites last week. They have 3 elevators, one near the breakfast room, one near the pool and one at the back, in the courtyard area. I don't know about the location of the Executive rooms but I stayed on floor 3, and used the courtyard elevator.
Thanks for the info, it really helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter