deluxe resort rooms ?

disneyred

DIS Veteran
I am assuming the deluxe resort rooms are all similar in pricing..

I have seen photos of the inside of a BC room from someone that stayed there this past july .. he emailed me his photos..
I see 2 ( queen?) beds and a daybed that does not fold out .. sleep as is.

Now my question. are there any other type of deluxe rooms that are bigger ?
If you are a group of 5 travelling (the daybed does not seem too comfy).
what if the group of 5 consists of 2 adults and 3 (big size) teenagers,
ages 21-28.. are travelling and wanting just one room.. are there bigger room options or am what I am seeing is the standard deluxe room size ?

Five adults in a deluxe is pretty crowded.
Yeah, the "larger" rooms in the same price range are only slightly larger and are pretty much of the same configuration. Take a look at the "villas".

Staying through Disney (not DVC points), you would have to get a 2 BR villa for 5 adults, though, so that's going to be pretty pricey. A 1 BR villa only has 4 as the occupancy because that's all the sleeping spots there are (couch bed and king bed).

The villas are the way to go - 2 bedroom. You would have plenty of room, two bathrooms, a kitchen to hold snacks and drinks, a washer/dryer so you don't have to take as much, and everyone would have a bed (king in the master, queen and double sleeper in 2nd bedroom and double sleeper in the living room). They are expensive through Disney - AAA offers discounts and the cheapest way is to go to the DVC boards and see about renting points. We just got back from a 2 bedroom at the Boardwalk Villas. We only had 4 in ours - me, DH, DD(28), DS(25). We love the Epcot area resorts and the convenience in getting to Epcot and the Studios. We usually have most of our sit-down meals in Epcot so we really enjoy that area. I know the AKV and new BTL allow 5 in their one bedroom villas but someone would have to sleep on a chair that converts for sleeping. If you can get a good Disney discount, AAA discount, or rent points the 2 bedroom is definitely the way to go.

Yeah, the "larger" rooms in the same price range are only slightly larger and are pretty much of the same configuration. Take a look at the "villas".

I agree!!:thumbsup2

The pricing for deluxe resorts vary and so do the room sizes, layouts, and occupancy levels. Definitely look at EACH resort for pricing and room size/occupancy.

Th DELUXE Resort rooms are NOT all the same/similar.
The rooms at the POLY are the largest.
Rooms at AKL and WL are the cheapest.
You just have to do your research to decide which is best for you;)

reading your post again, I would do Deluxe with a daybed,(everyone has to take a turn). Remember, rooms are based on 2 adults and a "3rd,4th...adult, you will be charged additionally EACH night.

For each extra adult over 2 adults in a deluxe room you will pay 25 per night. That is 75 dollars extra for 5 adults per night. A family suite at the All Stars accommodates 6 more comfortably but I think they still charge extra for more than 2 adults. Your best option here is renting points from a DVC'r and getting a 2 bedroom villa. One King bed, 2 queen beds and a pull out full sized couch, plus a washer/dryer and full kitchen. Everyone gets a bed and using Member Points, no extra charge for extra adults. . .

Just to clarify, 20 somethings are NOT teenagers regardless of how their parents view them. . .they are adults.

I've slept on the daybeds a lot, in fact, I have a daybed at home. I am not a small person at all. They are pretty much the size of a twin bed, and it was comfortable - a lot more comfortable than the sofa beds in the villas, and they aren't bad. I would compare them in comfort to the bunk beds at AKL or WL, which I've also slept on as an adult. Of course, bed comfort is a very subjective thing - the bed I think is the best you may think is the worst.

Poly and CR have large rooms, larger than BC, YC, and especially larger than WL or AKL. WL and AKL rooms do not have daybeds. To stay there with five guests, you would need to book two rooms or some variation of suite.

I would agree if you can rent points, that a two bedroom villa would be a great choice for a party of five adults. You could also consider the one bedroom villas at BLT and AKV, as they have both a sofa bed and chair bed. I haven't stayed in a one bedroom AKV yet, but the one bedroom at BLT has two full bathrooms, which is a big help with five adults. Renting points brings the cost down quite a bit, so it's more comparable in price to one room at a deluxe.

You could always consider two moderate rooms. CSR has queen size beds instead of full size, and with two rooms, you would also have two bathrooms. With the exception of swimming pool use, you can use the recreational facilities of other resorts - so you could rent a boat at CR, or bikes at WL, or go horseback riding at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter