Deluxe girl just booked POR for mid-Aug.

Kimberle

WL Vet
:scared1: (need a frazzelled icon)Found a great flight from Jet Blue and, well, just couldn't resist.

I've never stayed at a Mod. The resort looks beautiful from Corey's pictures. I am a bit nervous of the size. We like to hang around the pool quite a bit and my dd wanted a pool slide. I just don't want a long walk from our room to the main pool area. As I'm used to interior hallways, I'm not sure how I'll like people walking by my room. I guess we'll have to keep the drapes closed.:confused3

Now the frenzy of planning and booking ADR's. (I booked the dining package.) At this late date, I hope I can get a couple of character meals for my dd. As many times as we've been, planning each trip is like planning the first one.

I went from Deluxe to Mod a couple of years ago. I stayed at CSR. I was concerned about the exterior hallway thing, too, so I asked for a 4th floor room. I got the room furthest from the elevator (a lucky chance), and the only person that ever went by my room was the housekeeping staff.

The only concern for a couple with children is the size of the beds. I was solo, so it didn't matter that the bed was only a double, but if you're accustomed to a queen or better, you might find it a bit cramped.

For people with mobility issues, or who don't like to walk, a moderate such as POR or CSR can be daunting in size, but honestly and truly, I found the walks to El Centro and the Dig Site (CSR) to be fun and energizing. Again, I was not dragging a tired and cranky husband/children with me, so I could enjoy that luxury.

If you do not get a character ADR, just show up and you shouldn't have any problems if you are willing to wait a while. (Do not count on this at Cinderella's in the castle. I have done it, but only once.)
Best bet would be Crystal Palace. It has the Pooh and his pals from the Hundred Acre Wood. Another good option would be Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot, this has the Disney Princesses and Friends.

I have never stayed in a Deluxe resort so I don't know about the difference in noise...and to be honest I sleep like a rock especially when I am exhausted from a day of Disney parks!

But this is where we stayed on our honeymoon and we LOVED it! :love: The grounds are beautiful and we liked the little ferry ride to DTD, the driver gave us a little history of the area and pointed out some native birds, it was fun. I am sure you will love it. The only thing we weren't crazy about was the food court, so we only ate there once. But everything else really is as beautiful as Corey's pictures!

I stayed at POFQ next door to POR and we loved it. Of course it isn't a deluxe, but it was still very nice and we were at Disney. I remember being a bit concerned by the noise issue, but there weren't any. I can't remember hearing people outside, walking by or anything the whole trip. We had an adjoining room with my brother, SIL and 2 year old nephew and unless the connecting door was open we never heard them either.

The room size is an adjustment, but it was still fine. I did miss a closet, but it was no biggie. Have a great time!

PS. For a character meal, try Cape May breakfast at the Beach Club! It's one of our favorites! Minnie, Goofy and Chip and Dale all in their beach attire! And it usually doesn't book up right away.

We stayed there last Sept. It wasn't my favorite, but I can see the appeal for more laid back folks. I'm in Disney, so I like the Disney feel...but if you want a different feel, you got it. It is big...we even requested one of the mansions closest to the bridge that crosses the pool and got the next one over, which was a several minute walk.

PS. I would've preferred POFQ

I've stayed at POFQ and I loved it. I didn't have any noise trouble either. I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear how you like it. DH and I are considering POR for our no-kids trip in October. We've always done the deluxes, too. On our last trip down, we spent some time at POR and loved the grounds. We had lunch at the foodcourt and was very impressed with that as well.

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks everyone! I drafted a preliminary plan. I just need to check out a few menu's (thanks Julie) then call and see what's available. I also called and requested Magnolia Terrace as that seems to be closest to the main pool. Our plane lands at 10:30, so I hope checking in early will grant our request.

I forgot to mention, it's a "girls trip" (myself & my 9 yr). Dh would rather stay home and work on our bathroom remodel. ;)

I'm going the last week of August and I'm staying at POFQ. Like you, I've only stayed at the Deluxe Resorts (with the exception of one trip at ASM 11 years ago). I also wasn't planning a trip until free dining came out. That's why we went with the moderate resort. I've been nervous too about if I'd be disappointed, but I've read very nice things about POFQ. I tried to rationalize spending $400 extra dollars to stay at my favorite resort WL, but I know I shouldn't. I'm sure it will be really nice. Enjoy your trip and let us know what you think!

you'll LOVE it.....the grounds are so beautiful--you feel as if you really ARE on vacation-- love the pool and the pool bar...............rooms are nice for a MOD-- transportation is great too so ENJOY ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter