Deluxe Family worth the extra?

Correct. So the dock side is port.

Got it. I was thinking we were talking about the best view, but I see I was wrong. The original poster said they were on docking side now and the upgrade would put them on the other side, but someone pointed out "docking side is not guaranteed," which had me thinking of the view, since that is the side you would want to guarantee. I get now that they were saying that even if you switch sides, you could still be on the docking side. It has been a long day.

But to the OP, it is very unlikely the ship won't back in. It happens, but isn't all that common.

Got it. I was thinking we were talking about the best view, but I see I was wrong. The original poster said they were on docking side now and the upgrade would put them on the other side, but someone pointed out "docking side is not guaranteed," which had me thinking of the view, since that is the side you would want to guarantee. I get now that they were saying that even if you switch sides, you could still be on the docking side. It has been a long day.

But to the OP, it is very unlikely the ship won't back in. It happens, but isn't all that common.
Yes, I was saying it does happen that the ship docks facing the other direction. I wanted to mention that because if the CC view was the main reason to spend the money for an upgrade, it could lead to disappointment.

Yes, I was saying it does happen that the ship docks facing the other direction. I wanted to mention that because if the CC view was the main reason to spend the money for an upgrade, it could lead to disappointment.

I agree. I have been on both sides at CC. The view would never be worth an upgrade in my opinion. It is gorgeous, but you can get the same view on deck and, at least for us, there is very little time spent in the room on CC day. If I had a choice, I would pick that side (it is also better when leaving Port Canaveral), but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter