Deluxe Dining Plan

tgropp

DIS Veteran
i am not sure what this plan includes. I have read that it is three meals a day. Is that two counter service meals and one sit down meal with an appetizer

Here is a link to the Deluxe Dining Plan brochure that has details:
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...-ons/dining-plans/2017-deluxe-dining-plan.pdf

On the DxDDP you receive three meals per night you are staying at the resort. You decide whether you want Table Service or Counter Service meals. It can be all TS, all CS or a combination. Based on the price of the DxDDP it would be difficult to make the cost of the plan if you have too many CS meals. When we had the DxDDP we usually had two meals a day - a one credit lunch or breakfast and a 2 credit signature restaurant dinner.

Keep in mind it is a ton of food. You will also be spending a lot of time (vs ark time) in restuarants. Lastly, it's not designed to save you money.

It is a lot of food, and while it's probably not designed to save money, if uses right you might come out a little bit ahead. It does include and appetizer and a dessert along with the entree. We have used it often. We don't usually use it for a QS meal.

For this upcoming trip we are doing a split stay, 5 nights and then 2 nights. We are doing the deluxe plan for the 5 nights, but will actually get 6 days of use out of it because the credits don't expire until midnight on your check out day. So with spreading out the credits over 6 days we will have just 2 meals a day and not have to feel like we are stuffed.

Some people feel like their ADR times take away from park time, not us. We enjoy being able to sit down and relax. The deluxe plan is not for everyone, you have to know your family. DH and DS are big eaters and they feel like royalty getting to order what they like, it's part of the vacation for all of us.

It is a load of food, but we have just booked DXDP for our upcoming trip.
We all like a sit down breakfast together on holiday. And then we can try out some of the others for a sit down dinner, whether or not they are 2 credits. it's been really fun choosing places, and we like that it is all covered in advance. Plus we got a great deal, so we WILL come out ahead (I might feel put off if I was losing a lot of money, but, I can't see it happening. Plus I enjoy being able to take snacks home as I can get things I can't get at home and extend the feeling of being on holiday)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter