Delta raised rates GRRRRRRR

DisneyBrat

DIS Veteran
:furious: :furious: I have been watching our flight rates for January. Delta just raised it 10 dollars per person :guilty: Anyone have any advice? I have a couple of questions on surfing for the best rate. Our trip is 1/17/07-1/28/07 We want to leave at evening on 17th after hubby gets off work and return home on 28th mid afternoon

1) should I wait for the date to get a little closer?
2) what days are the best to book airfare?

I booked mine in January for this December and got $177 per person. What rates are you getting now?

My rate, if I were to book now, are at $437 PP or something like that. If it's under $200, book now or wait for Southwest to come out with their rates. They might be better. I could have waited and gone on Southwest for about $40 less PP but I'm glad I got the N/S flight at under $200. I'm waiting to book my next september day trip when SW out their deals out in the summer like they did this year. If it were this year, I could have gone for $109 PP.

I don't have any advice about the rates, but I wanted to warn you that even if you schedule flights that are at perfect times for you - after your DH gets off work on the 17th, and mid afternoon on the 28th - be prepared that Delta may change your flights / times as it gets closer to January. I know it has happened to many DISers, and it happened to me too (with American Airlines). I picked my flights at the perfect times, and AA cancelled those flights and I had to make do with one of their other flights which is not nearly as convenient. Just a warning so you are prepared if it happens to you.

I don't have any advice about the rates, but I wanted to warn you that even if you schedule flights that are at perfect times for you - after your DH gets off work on the 17th, and mid afternoon on the 28th - be prepared that Delta may change your flights / times as it gets closer to January. I know it has happened to many DISers, and it happened to me too (with American Airlines). I picked my flights at the perfect times, and AA cancelled those flights and I had to make do with one of their other flights which is not nearly as convenient. Just a warning so you are prepared if it happens to you.

Just wanted to let you know that this has happened to us twice on Delta (probably because both flights were purchased FAR in advance: once at 11 months and one at 6 months)

on the other hand, I paid under $300 for both flights; one at $212 and one at $262. Equivalent flights with other airlines were over $450.

It was worth it to me to have our plans change a bit.

Julia

We were supposed to get in early Sept. 7th for our Disney trip, however, for the past three weeks Delta has changed our itinerary so much, that I have requested they switch my flight to Sept. 6th at no charge (which they did). Now we reserved POR for Sept. 6 (room only) and will start our Free Dining package at AKL on the 7th. I wanted to make sure that we got there and did not waste a day with Delta changing my flights so much. Just my warning.

Also, I have booked with Delta in the past and have then seen the same flight on Delta.com at a lower rate, and they did refund the portion of my pay. I do not know if they still do this, but they did this last year for us.

Good luck with your plans.

They just lowered back 10 bucks!!!!! This is crazy :crazy: I keep checking to see if there are any passengers and none so far for this flight. Hopefully it will go back to $192 I saw for the same flight a month earlier last week :teeth:

Just remember: if gas prices really shoot up, airfares will probably increase also.

DisneyBrat said:
They just lowered back 10 bucks!!!!! This is crazy :crazy: I keep checking to see if there are any passengers and none so far for this flight. Hopefully it will go back to $192 I saw for the same flight a month earlier last week :teeth:

It's not likely to go back down any time soon. I would buy your tickets now and if they go down, you may get money or travel vouchers back. If not then you may end up apying more cuz you didn't buy sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter