Delta Lost Paid Reservation!!

Dragon0525

Mouseketeer
I made reservations with Delta last week for a great rate of $221.50 per person. I paid for it on my American Express. We didn't recieve our tickets so I just called them to find out why. They said I never paid for them so they can now book my fare at $553 per person!!!!! I am so mad!!!!!! Any suggestions?

Did you call American Express to see if the tickets were charged to your account? If they were, AMEX can help you!!

I haven't called AMEX...I'll do that next. I foolishly booked over the phone. Next time I'll do it online and print it off. I have a confirmation number but they are saying it was never paid for even though I have seats written down and everything.

Ok...I called back and got a different customer care manager and gave her the same information, confirmation number and the seat numbers. She was very nice (unlike the first person who was rude and said Delta had no record of it and I was just out of luck-Delta didn't do anything wrong it was my fault!!). She said some of the information I gave her made her believe that I really had made a reservation and paid for it so she did honor the fare. One thing I learned is if you get electronic tickets (I always get paper) they can give you ticket numbers on the spot. So-I got e-tickets this time and I have ticket numbers in hand!!!

I also have the two manager names and will be writing Delta to complain about the first managers treatment and commend the second!

Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

glad it worked out for you. it's horrible when things like this happen. good thing you realized you didn't get your tickets yet and didn't wait until the last minute to ask questions like some people do.

I'm sure everyone has had problems from time to time, it's a shame the first manager was so rude, after all you had confirmation numbers. Glad it was resolved to your satisfaction.

The only problem we had with Delta was several years ago. We had met friends in Orlando, and we were all supposed to be on the same flight from MCO to ATL, then we were flying on to SAT, and they to LAX. Well, our MCO to ATL flight was cancelled, and they re-routed us to DFW and our friends were on the next flight to ATL...not a big problem, but we had to check in and redo the tickets.

Mom had hip replacement about 2 months earlier, and it was uncomfortable for her to wait in the long line. One manager saw this, and told us to wait at the line exit, and the next agent would be with us. While we were waiting, another Delta employee asked why we were waiting there. We explained and this guy just went off on us, saying we had to wait through the line like everybody else...which was now LONGER, and made us move, treating us like 'bad children'. The ticket agent caught this out of the corner of his eye, and when we finally got to his window he apologized and said he would report the incident. He upgraded us ALL to first class all the way through. And we'd gotten really cheap tickets, $114 round trip, so it worked out well anyway. We fly Delta now whenever we can.

Don't get me started on American Airlines, though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter