• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta airlines?

mimimom

<font color="red">YOUR TAG IS IN THE MAIL!<br><fon
how does everyone feel about Delta? This is the only airline with low airfare for the dates and times we wanted. I really want to leave later in the day for the return flight because im trying to start a tradition for my family and have breakfast at chef mickeys the morning before we leave for the airport but most flights ive run across leave about 7am. That would mean we would have to leave for the airport at 5am. To early for the group when we are usually up late the night before absorbing every last bit of Disney we can. Any advice would be much appreciated. Mimimom

I have flown Delta quite a few times with no problems. Why not have your breakfast the last full day you are at WDW?

We have flown Delta & Delta Song, I was worried about flying Song for the first time, but I loved it, no problems at all.

I have flown delta, and am flying song this april(and probably again in october). instead of leaving at 7am, why not leave at a later flight(of course depending where you live this may not be possible). :umbrella:

I prefer Delta to any other airline. Why? No one reason. I guess I'm just comfortable with them and their flight schedules/routes.

Good luck!

Dave

On our last trip in September, we used Delta Song.When hurricane Jeanne hit on our return day, Delta was wonderful in assisting us with rescheduling our flight. When our second flight was cancelled, because the airport wasn't opening until an hour later, again they came to the rescue, and finally got us a flight home the next day. As I'm sure the entire vacationing population was trying to do the same thing, I was really happy to get home at all, so an extra two days was a sacrifice( :teeth: ), but we survived!!

I am flying Song again this June (non-hurricane season!!) :blush:

We've always used Delta. We've never had any problems yet which is why we use them! Plus, I've never been able to get a lower fare on SW or any other airline. Delta has always been cheaper or the same price with better flight times for us. And we've always been able to fly direct.

We'll see how this trip goes. This is our first trip flying with our 15 month old!

loveswdw

thanx for all of the positives. Delta is still the least expensive airfare i have found. Im going to give it one more week and if prices havent changed I"ll book. Mimimom :flower:

The major airlines are all about the same.

They've all cut their costs; with a few exceptions (primarily international and first class only), they no longer provide meals. You'll still get a beverage and something along the lines of pretzels. Coach seat comfort is about the same on any mainline jets (and usually less comfortable on regional jets). The service is about the same. Some aircraft provide inflight entertainment; some don't -- but think of it as one channel of television showing something that you're probably not interested in; so bring a book.

Delta is no better and no worse that other airlines.

Love Delta! If they have what you are looking for at a good price I would not wait! Buy the ticket!

delta is good, in reply to the post about only one show, you wont have that problem if you fly delta song. you get your own screen with satellite tv

:rotfl:

We have never had a problem with Delta...we have had a few problems with Delta connections. We have some speical circumstance though(handicapped DS ). Delta connections use Atlanta and Cincinatti. Both of these airports do not use a jetway for Delta Connections. If you have anyone travleing that has mobility problems or you are carrying small children, car seats etc. Just make sure it is noted on your ticket reservations so someone can assist you off the plane and up the cement stairs. We had it noted on the tickets and we still had a HUGE problem (long story....no lift...left on the plane for quite sometime...missed connection, wheelcahir left outside in the rain....etc). Delta was great though...it is only the connections. We are traveling again in July and we are using Delta.....I like them.

I love Delta. I fly about 50,000 miles a year with them. I have only had a few major delays and my bags have never ever been lost. My second favorite is US Airways, they are just as good as Delta but now with the whole Chapter 11 thing I would rather give Delta my business.

Beast fan said:
I prefer Delta to any other airline. Why? No one reason. I guess I'm just comfortable with them and their flight schedules/routes.

Good luck!

Dave
Ditto. We have only flown DELTA to WDW for the past 16 consecutive years. It's the best Carrier (IMHO), with NW being at the bottom of my list. :goodvibes

I'm flying delta in May to my trip to Disney

I used a $30 coupon for Hotwire.com in the Entertainment.com book... saved more money this way :)

We've flown Delta many times and had great experiences. I've used my frequent flyer miles to go to WDW with them and the whole family flew to Hawaii from maryland last summer with absolutely no hitches. Even the flight that had "rowdy passengers" in the rows in front us was handled smoothly by the attendants (and reported to the air marshall on board).

We'd be flying them again next month if they had had seats for our spring break trip but alas, no cheap seats available so we're trying Southwest for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter