Delivery of Groceries to Aulani???

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Someone posted somewhere that it was a tremendous time saver by having groceries delivered rather than stopping at Target, Walmart, Safeway after a LONG FLIGHT! Read that it was a "nominal" cost and SO WORTH IT?

Anyone have more info on delivery services of groceries to Aulani, cost, quality etc?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!:cool1::goodvibes:goodvibes

Someone posted somewhere that it was a tremendous time saver by having groceries delivered rather than stopping at Target, Walmart, Safeway after a LONG FLIGHT! Read that it was a "nominal" cost and SO WORTH IT?

Anyone have more info on delivery services of groceries to Aulani, cost, quality etc?

We have used Von's (Safeway) when in California to deliver to the GCH at DL. Perhaps they do a grocery delivery in HI too?

We have used Von's (Safeway) when in California to deliver to the GCH at DL. Perhaps they do a grocery delivery in HI too?

There is a Safeway (same company as Vons) close to Aulani, but they do not deliver.
The only option is directly through them (which is limited) and only if you are a DVC member.

I just checked the Safeway site for Kapolia. It says they do not offer delivery in the area. If you really don't want to stop at Safeway or Target (Target is a very quick stop right before the resort exit), go the the group of stores across the street from the resort. the ABC/Marketplace has probably everything you need to get started; some complain that their prices are high. Yes, they are a little higher than Target....but very convenient if you just want to pick up some stuff to tide you over for a day or two (including adult beverages). Pretty quick in-and-out.

Be sure to stop at the conceriage desk and ask for a map and directions to the safeway, target and the Kapolia area. Very helpful to have.

I would stop and grab the essentials and go back out the next day if you are pooped. Or just get milk etc in the store.

Our flight was only 5.5 hours though and it was midday so it was no big deal to stop at Target.

I just checked the Safeway site for Kapolia. It says they do not offer delivery in the area. If you really don't want to stop at Safeway or Target (Target is a very quick stop right before the resort exit), go the the group of stores across the street from the resort. the ABC/Marketplace has probably everything you need to get started; some complain that their prices are high. Yes, they are a little higher than Target....but very convenient if you just want to pick up some stuff to tide you over for a day or two (including adult beverages). Pretty quick in-and-out.

Be sure to stop at the conceriage desk and ask for a map and directions to the safeway, target and the Kapolia area. Very helpful to have.

The ABC/Marketplace has SOME fresh produce available as well. :thumbsup2

I don't think it's worth it, and it's certainly not worth it for what they charge. I know the flight is long, but take the hour to drop by Costco and/or Target (they are across the street from each other), get what you want and what you need and be done with it. Both of those stores are on your way to the resort, maybe 5 minutes from Aulani.

Yes, "expensive" is a good word! STICKER SHOCK!

$6.95 for a HALF GALLON OF MILK! WOW!:mad:

Thanks for your replies...The ABC store seems like a great alternative until we "re-charge" the next day! Then we will hop out to Safeway, Target, or Walmart!

PS...Did I read something a long time ago about a "rewards" card with Safeway? Meaning, one can sign up "on the spot" and take advantage of discounts?:coffee:

THANKS!:)

Yes, you can get a card like a ShopRite card. If you have time before your trip, you can apply for it on the Safeway site and they will mail it to you. And yes, you can apply for it at the store, it will just take a few minutes to fill out the form. You can also check their weekly sales flyer on-line. They do have better prices for alcohol than Target and a better selection. Their deli dept. is kind of pitiful. Also, Longs Drug stores seem to have the best prices (when on sale) for chocolate macadamia nuts and other types of souveniers. I think there is one along that road to Safeway.

In case anyone new is still looking I can highly recommend Akamai Grocery Delivery. We've used them a bunch in Ko Olina and they are highly trustworthy, helpful and economical. They will go to Safeway, Costco, even Target & CVS. I think they charge actual cost plus 23% but considering the prices at Aulani that is a steal! and they get you the 'club card' savings at Safeway, etc.

http://www.akamaidelivery.com/

their site is a little 'hokey' but it's a local guy and he's awesome. I emailed him lists ahead of time of what I wanted and it was easy and perfect! He has a pdf on his site that is a 'pre-arrival' checklist that you can just download and fill in.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/akamai-groce...livery-kapolei

Aloha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter