deleted

Middle of the week is no way as near busy as the parks are on the weekends so that's a big plus right there. As long as you like roller coasters then Six Flags is for you, if not then you might want to look at going somewhere else. But I say you would probably want to allow yourself a good 90 minutes just in case you hit the traffic which you probably will in the morning time.

Oh yeah we are HUGE rollercoaster people... that's the only reason we're going is for the intense thrill rides... otherwise we would just stay in Disney for another day. I have heard a lot of negative things about MM lately.. mainly that it is dumpy and lacks "atmosphere"... but really I am just looking forward to all those insane rides.

90 minutes? Thats better than what other people have been telling me... I have heard everything from "Leave 3 hours early!" to "Just spend the night near the park so you can first in line!" Maybe it's just me but really, I'm not the type of person that HAS to be the very first person in the park...

So thanks for telling me 90 minutes should be sufficient enough :)

It really depends on the traffic that's why, if traffic is really, really bad it could take a few hours honestly but 90 minutes should get you there. I honestly would leave Anaheim around 8am or even a bit earlier just so you can get your tickets and be ready for when the gates open. But the thing about Magic Mountain is that they're super expensive with food/parking/etc. $15 for parking, it's crazy! Disney doesn't even charge that much. Food is also very expensive there. But if your looking to ride the best rollercoasters then it's the place for you to go!

I was at Magic Mountain yesterday. It was not crowded but it was HOT! We didn't get there until about 5pm and it closed at 10pm but we got on most of the rides. I would say to leave about 90 minutes early. Mapquest says it only takes an hour. Most of the traffic should be heading south anyway. Magic Mountin looked alot better than it has on my last few visits. New paint, new signs.

It shouldn't be *horribly* busy on a Wednesday...but the day your going is still part of peak season, so I doubt rides will be a walk on....
SFMM, does have a flash pass (similar to the front of the line pass at Universal), that you can buy ($20 I think for 4 rides during the week). They work for most of the coasters (not "X" though). You can buy them at the park once you get there if you face the carousel, once you enter there will be small building to your left (past the lockers) where you can buy them. I doubt they would sell out ahead of time on a wednesday, so you could probably buy them once you get to the park, if it looks like you will need them.
Also, if you havn't bought your tickets yet, see if the special promo code "homedepot" is still valid. (Just type it in where, indicated on the main SFMM site.) About a month ago I got 1 day tickets for just $25 each + tax using that code.

Wednesdays aren't bad at all. There are a lot less people in the parks during the middle of the week. My only advice would be to dress appropriately- as it tends to get really hot in MM.

There are coupons in the Entertainment Book:
$10 off Six Flags Magic Mountain general admission (for up to six people); and
$5 off Six Flags Hurricane Harbor general admission (for up to six people).

Woody

Expect it to be HOT HOT HOT. Crazy Hot. I see you're from Vegas so you should be able to handle it....but just remember that it's alot warmer then Disney, and alot less shaded. Probably well over 100 degrees.....with little shade and lots of dizzy-ing noise (God I'm old :rotfl2: ). Yes. There are water rides. The typical flumes (2 different rides), a raft, and a boring but very wet boat. They also have misters and such, but be prepared to die a warm death :lmao: There's also a water park nextdoor if you wanted to do that too....it's a nice park, though not as good as some of the other SoCal water parks.

Your date/timing sounds good to me. I think the local schools go back that week, so most of the local kids will be busy with that. Plus mid week is pretty tame. -- I agree with the other posters advice re: the drive. I'd give myself 90 minutes. It takes me about 60 to get from here (Valencia) to DL without traffic. I'm not sure how traffic is coming in the other direction, but would guess that if you leave past 8 the commuter traffic is gone (at least that's my experience going the other direction....I can leave at 7 or 8 and get to DL at about the same time LOL).

Went to MM last August just for the coasters. Mid week was pretty busy and some lines were up to two hours in wait time. Very hot, kinda gangish, but for the most part dooable. Security was everywhere talking to folks, I think the heat was getting to them.
The rides were out of this world.

Have fun,

Jack

90 minutes? Thats better than what other people have been telling me... I have heard everything from "Leave 3 hours early!" to "Just spend the night near the park so you can first in line!" Maybe it's just me but really, I'm not the type of person that HAS to be the very first person in the park...

So thanks for telling me 90 minutes should be sufficient enough :)
I think 90 minutes is incredibly optimistic. If the Fates are being particularly kind, it may be doable -- but I'm one of those people who'd suggest you leave super early (7:00AM or earlier). Or just spend the night near MM.

If you leave DLR at 8:00AM, you'll be smack dab in the middle of rush hour; and traffic heading north into Downtown L.A. will probably be hellish! You are looking at over 25 miles of slowly crawling, stop-&-go traffic. It could easily take you an hour or more to travel that initial distance.

Once you get through Downtown L.A., traffic will lessen -- though you'll probably still hit some pockets of significant slowing (interchanges, etc.). And you'll still have 35 miles to go to get to MM.

Although you say you're not the type of person who has to be the very first person in the park, I would recommend you try to be. :) The reason is "X". It is one of the jewels in MM's crown and is not to be missed by any serious thrill-seeker. Unfortunately, it does NOT take Flash Pass -- and is a "slow-loader" to boot. As a result, the line for it can be HUGE within minutes of park opening. When I've gone about 15 minutes after opening, I've encountered waits of nearly 90 minutes (in one of the worst queues in the entire park). 2-3 hours is the norm later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter