Delayed 2021 Reopening

I know there's many who will say they can still spread and I'm not here to get into a big debate over our views on masks etc (I still wear a mask where required or where I wish too on top of this even though double vacc'ed). However, I can't see DLP getting many kids back like it used to until this is reconsidered.

Not arguing with you as we're definitely on opposite sides of the universe. Just FYI there are as many kids as usual in the parks, and guests doesn't seem to object to keeping their masks on. (When people complain, it's about physical distancing that nobody respects, nor is it enforced by CMs.)

Disneyland Paris announces program for 'Princess Celebration'

And it is almost as boring as was predicted. A few weeks ago, Disneyland Paris announced a 1 week festival to celebrate the princesses. As they are still working with limited capacity, no one expected much.
There are some surprises: They don't even mention the Princess Pop Up parade they have.
**EDIT** Pixiedust.be had more information, they say that the Frozen 2 float (similar to the one in Disneyland Anaheim) from Winter 19/20 will be used for a pop up. Good that it is there, but also a thing that was predicted.

Selfiespots:
- Merida in Fantasyland (which is strange as Merida's meeting place is usually in Frontierland, as she has a bow...)
- Jasmine in Adventureland (probably the already available meeting spot, which is very strange that they didn't use it since reopening)
- Anna & Elsa in the Studios (they already have this since the first reopening last year)
- Magical selfies in the Studios (Either they mean the already available selfie with Belle or Cinderella, or it will be whoever will be available)

Magic shots - Interesting here is that it says the name of the movie, not the character.
- Sleeping Beauty somewhere near the castle (interesting as the castle is still covered in screens)
- Moana in Adventureland (probably behind Hakuna Matata as Moana used to meet there in 2019)
- Brave in Frontierland near the pin store
- Princess and the Frog in Fantasyland oppostie Plaza Gardens (also unusual, as Tiana is usually near the riverboat...)
- Frozen near the Cowbow Cookout in Frontierland (Probably the Olaf magic shot they had last year)

They highlight, very vaguely, the opportunity to take your picture in a fancy throne in the Princess Pavillion, and at the courtyard of the Auberge de Cendrillon. At the moment Cinderella & Prince are meeting there. But they don't say that now, so I assume that they are gone. Also they do not mention the selfie with Snow White & Prince. So... that is probably gone as well during this week. Maybe the actresses move to the meeting spot in the Studios?

Snacks:
- An Elsa sundae at two spots at March Hare Refreshments and Fantasia Gelati.
- An Ariel inspired 'delicious and refreshing surprise' at the Gibson Girl (which normally only sells Ben & Jerry's)
- A Belle Milkshake at Victoria's
So this means not the predictable cookies with nutella everyone was expecting, but to call this a big upgrade...

Last edited:
Some news, the standby passes at Crush have been cancelled. The tests didn't work out the way they wanted.

Also, you can remove your mask when taking pictures / selfies at a designated point. As long as you are on the green spot, you can remove your mask to take the picture.
CMs will not take a picture with your phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter