Delaware Seashore State Park , trip report.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we had some stuff posted last year about this place, but I feel like I can add some stuff this year. 2nd trip here. The good, close to the beach and towns. The bad, sites are not big, and they are full sun. The worse, booking is 365 days out at 7 am. You need to be on the site at 7 am in order to get anything. Pick wisely because at 701 am all empty spots will be full. It takes a few days to get a spot. We leave in the am. Pictures will be up loaded, fun will be had by all. So stay tuned.

Jim we are down the road at Sun Outdoor Chesapeake Bay Resort formerly Tall Pines Harbor in Temperanceville Va.

All set up! Sites on this side are not long or wide. But its good enough for us. A lot of the other larger campers are hanging out a bit on one side or the other. And forget about parking in front of the rig. Lucky, overflow is next to uo. And I squeezed in. 20220807_144706.jpg20220807_144717.jpg20220807_144730.jpg

Oh and you can get a pass to drive on the beach. I zoomed in and got all the trucks lined up.

I guess the schools in your area don't start back quite yet, do they @Sjm9911 ? I noticed here that all the families are showing back up in town, at church, in the neighborhoods after being sporadically gone during the summer. Most schools around us start back in a couple days (because they like to finish in May just before Memorial Day weekend).

I remember "up North" schools tend to start a little later (around Sep 1) so you might still have "summer crowds" up where you are.

Nice beach pics. And yeah, sites are close together but hey - you have such a great view all around you.

Ed

Yup, school starts early September, but i fudged it again this year for the cruise. Its close quarters for sure, but like you said, location, location, location. All good. I make freinds or enemies quickly. So at last after 1 day I know where I stand. Lol.

Okay, Spencer, I looked up this state park on Google Maps satellite view and I see the bridge in your pics but also I noted there are two campgrounds in this state park: one on the north side of the inlet and the other on the south side (although both look close/tight, I'd have to say south is closer of the two).

So two questions:

1. Are you in north or south?
2. I see a ferry line runs from the southern end of NJ (Lewes Ferry) to DE coming in near where you are. Did you take the trailer over on the ferry or did you drive out to the west leaving home and take a land route down to the SP?

Some ferries have height restrictions which might impact taking a trailer. Our little ferry in South Alabama near Gulf Shores can handle trailers and rv's. So I didn't know if the trade-off was worth it (more direct route, less drive time, gas savings vs. cost and timing/schedule of ferry).

Looks like a cool place.

ED

Yup, Ed, exactly as you stated. We are in thr sourh campground, these are mostly all pull throughs with some tent/ pop up sites with 0 hook ups. The north is way bigger and back in only. And right on with the ferry. We wanted to take it, and it can take campers. But you have to check the tide charts. You need to go like two hours before high tide. This is so then you embark or disembark the articulation of the camper at the hitch dosen't bottem out. In other words you can get stuck on the ramp. Unfortunately, the tides have not been in our favor at the times we wanted to roll in. All good going around is probably less time but more driving. The ferry as I remember from being a kid is fun to do. There is also another campground right where the ferry ends in cape haloron? ( sp) its another state park down here. Looks nice with lots of trails and a beach area. We haven't been their, but did cancel during the covid stuff. Its hot out today. Beach soon after a late breakfast.

Today is picture less. Lol. Went to the beach, forgot the phone, did more scooter rides over the bridge. Then we went to the kidos favorite place cracker barrel. Now , its windy , so our reguler uno, mille borns , waterworks, cant be played, so zombie dice it is.

Spence I know that CB in Rehoboth very well. When I worked down that way it was our Sunday breakfast choice

We drove past this campground one time. As I remember-within walking distance to the beach, but like you said, very open. I'm glad you're having a fun time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter