Decorating with Disney

lovedisneycruise

Mouseketeer
I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but....l am an adult with grown children who has been going to Disney for over 20 years with and without my children. I don’t live in Florida and fly to get there so I’ve probably gone once or twice every year. This year with Covid I’ve not been able to go and I’m missing it and have been trying to create more of the feeling at home.

Do any of you decorate your homes with Disney decor and get negative comments from people who don’t get it? I have a spare bedroom that I decorate as my office/vacation room and I have photos from trips and cruises, statues, stuffed disney characters, etc. and my one child accepts that space.
However I recently shared that I was going to decorate my small bathroom in a beach/mermaid theme and it sparked comments that mermaids were childish, going over the line, etc. I know that I can put what I want in my own home, but it made me feel bad for sharing when I was excited about the pieces I had chosen.

I would love to hear if there are others on these boards (I hope so!) who enjoy decorating their home with Disney.

Last edited:
I don't have much Disney around my house but I do have some. I also keep most of it in my home office. Mostly because I spent a lot of time in there and that is where I need some "happy" the most!
People ARE jerks about Disney fans, but no one ever seems to insult sports fans. Why would being a fan of a (for profit) sports team be any different that being a fan of a (for profit) corporation? That is what Disney and sports are here for! For people to like, visit, collect the merch, etc.
Decorate however you like! Tell people to go pound sand!

I would love to hear if there are others on these boards (I hope so!) who enjoy decorating their home with Disney.

Me!! I have Disney touches all over my house, and DH and DS are supportive. (In fact, they bought me the Mickey Mouse crock pot in my kitchen!)

We had a Mickey shower curtain for a while, and I still have a Mickey toothbrush holder and soap pump in the upstairs bathroom.

I have two Baby Yoda pillows on my bed, and tons of Disney ornaments on the Christmas tree.

I even have a "hidden Mickey" on my fridge made up of homemade spoon rests (just upcycled lids with magnets on the back for easy storage) -

While I don’t currently have it, I had a Mickey Mouse themed bathroom. Shower curtain, toothbrush holder, tissue holder, soap dish with a red rug. I loved it! I think a mermaid bathroom sounds fun! I think it’s fun to do quirky bathrooms because they are a separate room that to me, doesn’t have to share any look with the rest of the house.

In general, I try to keep the Disney stuff localized so it doesn’t take over the room, but I think you will find something in every room right now. I admit a couple of the pillows might find their way into a closet if I was entertaining adult guests outside my family, but since that’s not happening right now, the pillows stay out!

You are an adult, it’s your house, decorate as you want. Like you, my Disney stuff makes me smile and I don’t care what others think.

I've got a few Disney touches throughout my home. I tend to keep most of the obvious Disney items to rooms that guests don't often visit. But I've got something from Disney in every room in the house at the moment. It makes me happy and reminds me of good times.

My bedroom is basically where all my Disney stuff is. When company comes over, that door is usually closed. There are some little Disney touches around the house: a candle in the bathroom, the pet mats their bowls are on, and a Grand Floridian decorative pillow in the living room but I'm sure those are easily overlooked. (I hope?)
Just don't go into my bedroom! :rotfl:

I display my pins and started doing memory boxes which for now are limited to the bonus room...but I’ve run out of room there so next one is going in the guest room. I also have a lot of kitchen accents. I’m a Star Wars nut and my prize possession is my Death Star Cheeseboard. My house. My rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter