Decorating Rules

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
Ok while I was searching around for some Fort info, I found this on the WDW website. Maybe it’s always been there but I’ve never seen it discussed. Below are the rules for decorating your campsite (which I’ve never seen enforced thankfully cause I’m sure I’ve broken 2, 3, or 4 of these rules)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/
Decoration Rules
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our Guests, all decorations must comply with the Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules and the specific requirements below.
We reserve the right to prohibit the use or storage of any item that we determine may be harmful or disruptive, in our sole and absolute discretion.
  • Decorations may NOT:
    • Extend more than 10 feet from the site pad and should not encroach on neighboring sites
    • Be placed along any public sidewalks or roadways behind or alongside any campsite
    • Be closer than 3 feet from the roadway
    • Interfere with traffic flow
    • Be attached, wrapped, or placed on to ANY of the following: plants, trees, trash cans, fencing or structures
    • Obstruct sidewalks, trash cans, or Comfort Stations
    • Obstruct the site post (the site post MUST remain visible at all times)
    • Be placed on cabin deck stairs (deck stairs must remain free and clear of any decorations at all times)
    • Be used to create pathways through or around the campsite
    • Solicit or advertise sales, services or companies
    • Contain suggestive, offensive, or obscene material
    • Use intrusive bright lights, music, or sound effects (all decorations and effects must follow the Resort quiet hours)
    • Exceed 6 feet in height
  • Use of any flag, banner, sign or other material for commercial purposes, or as part of a demonstration, is prohibited.
  • Decorations that a person could enter or walk over/ under are not permitted. No such items are permitted to be erected or brought onto the property.
  • Extension cords are not allowed to cross any path or walkway.
  • Extension cords and power splitters/dividers must be suitable for outdoor use and must be in new condition.
  • Multiple power splitters and dividers may not be connected to one another creating a chain.
  • Giveaways of any kind (e.g., food, candy, toys) are prohibited.

Those were always there, at least for a few years anyway. I saw them before my last trip. I wouldn't worry about it.

Definitely not “worried” about it. Just made for an interesting read. Most of these rules are just to protect Disney from liability.

Yup, when i was looking at halowween 2 years ago i saw that, so at least 3 and a half years they have been like that. I studied them. Then said ill do what everyone else does, so i joined up here a bit after that to get the real scoop. By worried, i was merely stating they didnt change them for the covid and that protocall as we know it hasn't changed. . Any change due to the virus can be worrisome. Carry on!

Ok while I was searching around for some Fort info, I found this on the WDW website. Maybe it’s always been there but I’ve never seen it discussed . . .

1) Yep, we have decoration rules.
2) Basically, just do not bother your neighbors.
3) FW is a fun resort.
4) We try not to reduce camper enjoyment.
5) Some decorations are simple and quick to build.
6) Others are quite elaborate and take days to erect.
7) not quite the same as at other resorts.
8) As employees, we have been kn own to help out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter