Deciding on a birthday meal

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
My birthday is in about 3 wks. :) I was able to get the day off from work this year so I'm finally going to get to spend my birthday at WDW- off the clock this time! I already have an evening with friends planned at MNSSHP, but I really want to eat in a Disney resturant again as I did last year. However, I can't decide where I want to go!

I'd love to do a character meal....I think it'd be great fun since I work in entertainment and chances of the characters recognizing me are pretty good. My boyfriend tried booking each of the princess breakfasts but they are both already booked. I'm not sure if I really want to get up early enough to do a breakfast though. Dinner would be fun at Liberty Tree for the Halloween party, but then I thought, do I really want to do the party while feeling like a stuffed turky? Not to mention, the skirt on my costume is rather snug as it is. The only 2 character lunch options that I know of are Crystal Palace and Garden Grill...but I did Garden Grill last year for my birthday, and I often work with Pooh at Crystal Palace. Then I was thinking 50s prime time might be fun. I've eaten there before, and it's a hoot....but how embarrassing do they get for birthdays? I love watching them interact with others, but I'm a bit timid when the attention is turned on me!

All I know is, I definately want a place with atmosphere and not a place where you just sit and eat.

We did CP for the earliest dinner time for our friend's 27th in Jan - he loves the Pooh gang!! Our waitress made a big fuss - brought him the card, made sure all the characters knew it was his birthday and even sprinkled him with confetti when she brought out his cupcake with a candle. He even let the characters pull him into the birthday dance with the little kids who were also celebrating - the video is priceless!!:teeth:

For my birthday, we ate last seating for breakfast at Chef Mickey's - lots of fun and just where I wanted to be when I turned 50- swinging my napkin with Mickey, surrounded by my whole family !! We celebrated my birthday dinner the night before at O'Hana's - no big fuss, but just perfect for me - table right next to the window and perfect timing for Wishes !:smooth:

We also love Prime Time and, if you got a really fun waiter, I bet they'd make it memorable!

Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time and a Happy Birthday!! :cake: :bday:

We went to Chef Mickey's on 9/30/04 and had a great time. It was my husband's birthday and Donald Duck hand delivered a cupcake w/a sparkler in it. The waitress brought both of our kids special placemats to take home. The food is pretty good, but the desserts are out of this world!! The kids liked when everyone swung their napkins in the air and sang along. I think you would have a lot of fun!!

how 'bout the latest breakfast ps at o'hana? that was one of the best character interaction breakfasts we had during our trip... the parade was great fun, kids loved it! and i'm sure if they hear it's your bday, they'll let you be the leader!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter