Decent inexpensive tablet that is not a Fire

Twilghtsprkle

Mouseketeer
So the Galaxy Tablet that my husband set up for my younger daughter died. It won’t charge and the screen when you attempt to charge it flickers so I’m thinking it’s got multiple issues. I’m assuming a cheap tablet would be more cost efficient than paying someone to fix this.

I don’t want an Amazon tablet, so what’s the next best thing? She only uses it to stream Disney+ and Crunchyroll and limited internet searches. No game apps.

I love my Amazon fire 8. It's perfect for net surfing and streaming.

First there is a big difference between a dropped roll and just asking for a 3rd round. Second, rolls cost what - 10 cents, unbelievable.

Get another Samsung Galaxy. They are inexpensive enough to replace every couple years. It's what my kids have always used. We like the 8" versions for portability.

This is a great deal:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...NfichNp5Ra99o-RWvzhoCLJ8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you are a Costco member, they have a 32gb version with a cover for $129.99.
Thanks, that’s more like it. I’m sure paying someone to fix the other one would cost more than this one, lol.

Well if you want a tablet completely without tracking and bloatware, you will have to flash it and load Linux on it.

You don’t think galaxy tablets are full of bloatware and Google/Samsung aren’t tracking you…..HAHA

Who cares? It's for a kid. They don't do anything on them other than play games and stream stuff/watch YouTube.

Not everyone cares about being "tracked." I certainly don't. Once you establish an online presence in any way, you give up your anonymity. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Who cares? It's for a kid. They don't do anything on them other than play games and stream stuff/watch YouTube.

Not everyone cares about being "tracked." I certainly don't. Once you establish an online presence in any way, you give up your anonymity. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.
Yes, but reddog21 was replying to OP, who stated her reluctance to buy an Amazon tablet was because of bloatware and ability to track people.

Personally, I believe "online privacy" is an oxymoron.

When shopping just make sure it is Disney+ compatible. We had to change a few devices that couldn't provide D+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter