December Trip Report (Finally!) PT 5

yepod

DIS Veteran
Conclusion & observations

General
We are huge Disney fans but we still are aware of the Disney ¡¥dark side¡¦ & will tell it like it is! Hope the truth offends no one! I believe in reading the Unofficial Guide to WDW, Birnbaums Official Guide & the DIS. In other words I feel you need to be aware of the good, the bad, & the ugly in regard to the truth about Disney. We are HUGE supporters of the CMs as they are the biggest assets to the Disney MAGIC (I can¡¦t emphasize this enough!) Also, I am a big advocate for buying everything separately, as resort packages are overpriced for what you get.

GOOD
- Cast Members, Cast Members, Cast Members. I know I can¡¦t put them on a par with the rescue workers of 9/11 but they are high on my list of persevering in the face of a serious challenge.
- Transportation Buses & Monorail
- New parades & 100 years of Magic attractions
- New attractions like the 2 new spin rides that my DD loves. My DW commented on how long it took Disney to expand the market on the ever-popular Dumbo ride!
- Mousekeeping with their scenarios with the stuffed toys
- DDs reactions to the Magic!
- Great weather
- Low crowds

BAD
Unacceptable
- Dirty bathrooms ¡V Not only did we notice this but we had CMs comment to us on their disgust (& bruised pride)!
- Cut backs ¡V Evident in understaffing of most everything except transportation. Noticed several rides with only one CM running the whole ride resulting in poor cueing. In Fantasyland I noticed a line of baby strollers straight out from one ride & on opposite side of street a line of guests resulting in no where to walk through at. When I asked a CM about the problem they informed me that it was the part time CMs that used to help with the rides.
- Poor cross training - CMs were disoriented & not trained as the result of being relocated or as a result of sudden schedule changes. I am all for Disney trying to save the CMs there jobs but what happened to that excellent training & scheduling that we grew to appreciate with Disney?
Disappointing
- Gum on streets & walks - Not a big deal to me but it shows how Disney is slipping.
- Construction - Out in the open during daylight hours with little or no facade to hide it. You see this everywhere else but I¡¦ve never seen this at Disney before.
- Maintenance - Tree trimming & painting during the day.

- Despite what some might say is a mixed report, we¡¦re going back in October to hopefully see the Not So Scary Halloween party. We will be doing Universal for a couple days of our week (we¡¦ve never even considered this before in our 5 visits to Florida).
- We will NOT be staying on property as we feel some of the magic has left there.
- I still think the Disney Club & our annual passes are good money savers.

WE STILL APPRECIATE THE DISNEY MAGIC!

Thanks for posting your observations. You had a nice trip. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the very honest comments on your trip.

I have to say that I agree with you. I LOVE WDW and I think the CMs are the greatest. But over the past year or so, I've noticed the slipping like you did. It's really a shame. But as you said, it won't stop me from going back again!

I hope all the bad points have cleared up before you go in October. I'll be watching for your report!:wave:

Thanks for taking the time to post your report :D ! I am looking forward to hearing your observations after your October trip. Hopefully, you will find things much improved. Please post a trip report and let us all know what you thought of wdw, MNSSHP, and Universal. Have a great trip :) !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest