December / January Trip Report without a "Catchy" title. Completed.

Day 7. Jan 3rd.

After breakfast, we water taxi to Universal Orlando park. First stop, Shrek 4D. We really wanted to see this show one more time since it's now closed permanently. We walked right by Rip Ride Rocket. My 10yo who loves all the coaster got nervous on our last trip and wouldn't ride any coasters bigger than woody woodpecker. I'm not one to push so off Potter land we go.

After a ride on Escape from Gringots, Kendall, my 8 yo wants to go to The Simpsons Ride. I was like, its all the way over there! But she wasn't having it so off we go. No, wait, what's that? Lets take a picture!

Then they decided, lets go Ride E.T and the Woody coaster!
They are in the back car. Good thing, Universal will let kids ride alone. It's a tight fit for us grown folks lol.

"Daddy? Who's Curious George". what? you don't know? lol. Oh, you want pics anyway? sure thing.

Homer time!

Time for the animal actor show!

Always a good show.

So after a leisurely day we head out for our dinner reservation. Park is thinning out at 5:30

We headed over to Toothsome for dinner. The thing is this. We have always liked it in the past. This time maybe it was my choice of food but this burger, The Blue Plate wasn't that good. I have no idea why I would order a burger with mashed potatoes, corn and meatloaf on it lol. But it sucked.

Well, that's my 10 pic limit. Next post, Islands of Adventure.

Last edited:
Day 8. Jan 4th. Part 1

Good Morning Orlando! Well, Almost good afternoon lol. No one was in a hurry which seems to be the theme of this trip. We finally get out of the room and are on the Water Taxi by 11:00.

A few photos before lunch at Confisco Grill ...

Then off to Seuss Landing!

Cat in the Hat ride which is just like Pooh at MK but I think this one is a little bit better.

We make our way around to HP world and ride Forbidden Journey then Flight of the hippogryph.

Then it's jurassic time! 639155

We decided to skip the river ride because it was a chilly day. and since Hollis was still iffy about coasters, we didn't do Velocicoaster. We made our way around through the toon part, rode Spiderman then finally, my 10yo said she was ready for a big coaster so we rode Hulk and she didn't chicken out!

Continued:

Last edited:
Day 8. Jan 4th. Part 2

Well, here it is! The Hulk. My 10 yo is scared but she says it's a personal goal and we are riding it. Funny thing, She has rode this before. Many many times as well as Rip Ride Rockit and Velocicoaster many times. She just got anxious last trip and couldn't do it. Well, she did it! and she was so happy.

After Hulk we did the Storm Force Acceleration ride and let the girls go by themselves once.

Then we back track lol. They want to ride Hogwarts Express to Kings Cross so off we go!

We are now back in Universal park. First ride, Fast and Furious.

It was dinner time so we headed to Finnigan's. They have the best fish -n- chips I swear!
After a long day, it's time to head back.

Of course we have to stop for more pictures at the resort lol.

So far this trip has been just about as perfect as anyone could want it to be. The CM's at WDW, the MC's at Legoland and the TM's at universal have all been great! Service at all the restaurants has been above and beyond. We haven't ran into any rude guest either. More to come so stay tuned!

Last edited:

Day 9, Jan 5th. Part 1

We have taken a relaxed approach to this vacation. Normally we would get up for the early entry and try to ride Hagrids or Velocicoaster but there is something about not running out of energy later in the day that is a little more appealing. So we all take our time getting showers and heading out. First stop is NBC Grill and Brew for lunch.

They have a really good burger and a huge selection of beer!

Quick pick of my life before we head in to Universal Park.

OMG, It's Hello Kitty!

Betty Boop? Hey girl hey!

We head into watch The Bourne Stuntacular. If you haven't seen this show, you really have no idea what you are missing. This is probably the single best show I have ever seen.

Quick photo at Mel's.

Perfect timing for a quick street show.

We then head into Springfield!

Continued:

Day 9, Jan 5th. Part 2639447

It's actually pretty good beer.

A quick spin on the Twirl 'n' Hurl

We headed to The Simpsons Ride, played a few games, Rode MIB then we headed back into WWOHP and Rode Escape From Gringots again and also spent some time in a few stores.

We head over to Jimmy Fallon and also ride transformers. I can't believe se spent 6 hours in the park already. We make it to the front of the park and my 10yo says she's ready for Rip Ride Rocket! Oh yeah! So we ride it while momma and Kendall wait on us. Twice back to back! Express pass is so nice to have!

Finally dinner time! I absolutely love Hard Rock Cafe!

Got the ribs and OMG they were so good!

After dinner we called it a night. Very fun day at UO park. No more pics for today. We were ready to relax in the room.

To be continued:

Last edited:
Day 10, Jan 6th, Part 1

Another beautiful day in Orlando waiting on the Water Taxi at our resort.

We head to UO park. First stop, Lunch at Lombardo Seafood. We ordered lobster rolls. They were pretty good!

Our only reason to start here today was to ride The Hogswart Express from Kins Cross to Hogsmead.

Once we arrived we turned left then right and headed straight to Velocicoaster! My 10yo said it's time. I was so glad! And if you haven't rode it, It's well worth the wait. Wait times have been consistantly 40 min.

The wife and little one won't do Velocicoaster so they went to ride the tamer rides while we rode it. Rip saw falls anyone? Think of Splash Mountain with more horsepower lol.

Am I hungry? A Dagwood sounds good? Maybe next time. We decide on ice cream instead.

We make our way to Marvel to meet up and do Spiderman and then my 8 yo says she wast to try Dr. Dooms Fear Fall! I'm like yeah! We rode while mommy stayed back. She ended up really liking it which surprised me! One time on Storm Force again?

Contuned:

Day 10, Jan 6th, Part 2

Hollis (10 yo) says she really really wants to ride Velocicoaster again. Mommy said go ahead as they were going to go to Suess landing. So we backtrack but hey, why not? 639468

After Velocicoaster we meet up and take the Hogswart Express back to UO to watch the firework show. Quick photo with the Knight Bus on the way.

We grab a good spot and enjoy the firework / water / projection show. I am one of the ones that would rather enjoy the show vs. taking pics / video so no pics. But I will say it was very good!
After the show the boat launch was so crowded we decided to walk back. Portofino Bay looks so cool at night.

We all showered and got ready for dinner. We made reservations at Bice at our resort. I wasn't 100% sure what to expect but as Italian can be hit or miss. I can tell you that this was the absolute best food I have had on any trip.

I had Cappellaccio which is “Little Hat” shaped Ravioli, braised Beef Short Rib,Spinach,fresh Mushroom & Marsala Cream sauce.

My wife had the Chief special steak that wasn't on the menu.

Hollis ordered the Tortellini while Kendall ordered traditional spaghetti but the ended up sharing with each other.

Dessert of course :)

It was a great meal and we will make it a must for every trip. The atmosphere, the food and the service was exceptional. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and very friendly. The price wasn't crazy but it's not cheep. My entree was $30. My wife was $48. For any resort, that's a reasonable price for good food.

To be continued:

Last edited:
Day 11, Jan 7th. Part 1

Last park day and we sleep in again lol. Kendall want's to stay at the resort so Me and Hollis get ready and head to the parks. We water taxi to UO park and she want's Krusty Burger but first lets watch this show.

Mmmmm

We eat at Krusty Burger then venture over to MIB again. We have been trying to get to immigration but it's been hard. And once again, not doing it today so we just ride it.

Today is just about riding our favorites one more time so we head to Transformers.

Park is pretty empty today.

We stop for a Milkshake and a quick photo

Watch the Blues Brothers

We them make our bay to Kings Cross to go to Islands of Adventure.
Once we arrive we ride Hagrids then head over to Velocicoaster again. After all, it is our favorite ride.

Continued:

Day 11, Jan 7th. Part 2

We make our way to Velocicoaster for one more ride this trip.

After we ride we check out the Discovery Center.

We decide to ride it again lol.

Quick stop for a photo.

Now Hollis is hungry so we head towards Hulk and stop in the marvel Diner for a burger. Wife sends a text that she is in the park so we tell her where we are and she says they will meet us by Hulk. Kendall wants to ride Storm Force again.
We meet them there and her and Hollis ride it 5 or 6 times back to back.

It's almost park close time so me and Hollis ride Hulk one last time then we head back to the resort to get ready for the 8 hour trip home in the morning. Once again, we walk back. The walk to Portofino Bay is so nice and relaxing and only takes about 15 minutes.

Next post, Going home!

Last edited:
Day 12, Jan 8th. Checking out.

The night before, me and my 10 yo debated on going to the parks one more time today. We spent so much time in them but she was like "just for a few hours" and I had told her we will see what time we get up. The good thing is booking through AMEX it gives us 4:00 pm check out time so we could go to the parks till 2:00 and make it back with plenty of time to pack up and head home. Well, the decision was made for us. When I woke up, I just didn't "feel" right. I was really achy and was really horse. We agreed to just pack up, grab breakfast then head home. By the time we all showered I had zero appetite so I told my wife and girls to go eat while I finished packing. By the time we called Bell Services to grab our bags I was feeling really bad. I had no energy, sore throat, back was killing me and my nose was dripping. We had our vehicle in the valet up front so they didn't have to go get it which always makes things easy. The girls wanted Starbucks so I loaded while they went to get their coffee. When they came back I told my wife she had to drive for a while as I just did not feel good. The next 8 hours were pure torture. I couldn't get comfortable no matter what and just could not wait to get home. We stopped for gas once and they all grabbed something to eat and I had no appetite still so I just got a drink. Finally when we get home we unload and I go straight to bed. Fast forward to Monday, I get up early and go to the doctor. Just as I suspected.

This is my second time having it. Last time was August 2021. It was the Delta last time. This time they tell me it's the Omicron. They gave me a pill pack where you start at 6, end with one on last day. Told me to drink plenty of water, rest and quarantine for 5 days then wear a mask for 5 days after. Owning my own business made this easier but it still sucked. As I am writing this I feel 100% fine but it still was not a fun way to end a trip.

In conclusion, Every bit of this trip was amazing. We did not have a single issue with any CM, MC or TM this trip. Every server was great. No rides broke down and no wait was ever too long to wait. It did not rain at all and we only had a few chilly mornings and evenings. We also did not run into a single rude fellow traveler this trip. If it weren't for getting sick on the last day, this trip would have been a 10 out of 10. After having so many issues on our trip in October, we needed this trip to go good and it did. It also renewed our faith in the parks and humanity as a whole. I hope you all enjoyed reading this report and I am glad to answer any questions. Next trip is in just 51 Days! Staying at Saratoga Springs but no plans on parks. It should be interesting lol.

Really enjoyed your TR! Sounds like everything just fell into place which is always nice. Sorry it ended the way it did but glad you had a great trip to look back on. Thanks for sharing!

Really enjoyed your TR! Sounds like everything just fell into place which is always nice. Sorry it ended the way it did but glad you had a great trip to look back on. Thanks for sharing!

It renewed my faith in Disney. Never had a problem with Universal or Legoland but after our last WDW we were really considering selling our DVC. Disney stepped up and showed us why we love it so much. We will be back in less than 2 months and trying some new things. for the first time in a while, we all can't wait to go back!

Great report! So awful to get sick but thank goodness it was at the end of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter