December 5th, 2022: 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami (Castaway Cay, Cozumel)

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We changed our 3 nights December Wish Cruise to this one. We decided we wanted more time on the ship! Anyone else with us?🎄

We will be on the ship! We're doing a B2B with the Dec 10th cruise as well - looking forward to spending some time in Miami and finally getting on the Dream!

Looking at booking a VGT. It would be myself and my son, 15, as an early Xmas gift. Will be at Universal following to spend a week visiting my DCP daughter and let her enjoy the dark side for a bit!

In the past, I have organized a “Local or regional Candy or Treat” exchange. For instance, PA Folks often gave something from Hershey, GA people gave peach hard candies, and I forget what area gave something called cheese straws.

If you care to join, the treats would be one delivery to each cabin, with enough to share. Treats would be factory wrapped, not homemade.

Is anyone interested?

That sounds fun! I still can’t seem to get approved to join the Facebook group. If you’re part of it could you let them now

That sounds fun! I still can’t seem to get approved to join the Facebook group. If you’re part of it could you let them now
I am not on FB. I stay on Disboards, it’s a much smaller group.

We got our bookings done last night! In case anyone is curious, the cabanas listed are all already sold out. We were easily able to get Palo reservations for both brunch and dinner, though, on the day and time we were wanting. Pirate night is on day 4 (Cozumel). If anyone is interested in what tastings are available, here's what we found (Tastings are all $40 - $50 per person):

Day 1
  • Bourbon - 8pm
  • Champagne - 4:30pm
  • Cognac - 9:30pm
  • Tequila & Margarita - 6pm
  • Whiskey - 10pm
Day 2
  • Beer - 4:30pm
  • Bourbon - 9:30pm
  • Cognac - 8pm
  • Martini - 4pm
  • Mixology - 4pm
  • Wine - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 9:30pm
Day 3
  • Beer - 11am
  • Bourbon - 8pm
  • Champagne - 12pm
  • Chocolate & Liquor - 2pm
  • Kick-Start - 9am, 10am
  • Martini - 12pm, 4pm
  • Mixology - 2pm, 4pm
  • Rum - 9:30pm
  • Wine - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 8pm
Day 4
  • Bourbon - 8pm
  • Chocolate & Liquor - 4pm
  • Cognac - 8pm
  • Martini - 4pm
  • Mixology - 4pm
  • Tequila & Margarita - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 10pm
Day 5
  • Beer - 11am
  • Champagne - 12pm
  • Kick-Start - 10am
  • Martini - 12pm, 4pm
  • Mixology - 2pm, 4pm
  • Wine - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 8pm
  • Royal Court Tea - Day 5 (can't see the time since we don't have a child eligible to attend)

Nothing appears to be listed for any special meet-and-greets, and we did not see any Merrytime-specific activities available to pre-book either.

We are really looking forward to this cruise! Our daughter has turned 18 since our last DCL experience, so she's so excited to be able to experience Palo and the adult-only areas/activities! Only 119 more days to go!

In the past, I have organized a “Local or regional Candy or Treat” exchange. For instance, PA Folks often gave something from Hershey, GA people gave peach hard candies, and I forget what area gave something called cheese straws.

If you care to join, the treats would be one delivery to each cabin, with enough to share. Treats would be factory wrapped, not homemade.

Is anyone interested?
I know cheese straws are often included in North Carolina food baskets, so maybe NC?

We have food allergies in our family, so we tend to stay away from food-related gift exchanges. I love doing magnet and ornament exchanges, though! I'm already working on some ideas for both legs of our B2B!

I just discovered this thread today. I booked this cruise last month and am in a Concierge Family Oceanview with Verandah. And like a post above, I also found the FB group for this cruise last month and have also heard nothing from the moderator.

I was excited to find that I was able to get everything I wanted. I sent my email in to concierge last week and woke up to this itinerary. It's a lot, but I have a $300 OBC courtesy of the DIS host agency, Dreams Unlimited and our TA Chris V, and 2K in rewards from our Disney Visa. Should cover all our activities.

Day 1

Concierge Lunch
Concierge Reception
Palo Dinner 8:00 PM

Day 2

Family Beach Cabana #3
(bucket list)
Remy Dinner 8:00 PM

Day 3

Palo Brunch 10:30
Chocolate & Liquor Tasting 2:00 PM
Cabana's or concierge ( Not a fan of Disney MDR)
Rum Tasting 9:30 PM

Day 4

Cozumel Salsa & Salsa 8:45 AM
Remy Dinner 8:00 PM

Day 5

Champagne Tasting 12:00 PM
Stem to Stern Wine Tasting 4:00 PM
Palo Dinner 8:00 PM

Hopefully I'll have the pleasure to meet a few of you on this cruise. It's always been fun meeting DIS members in the parks.

We got our bookings done last night! In case anyone is curious, the cabanas listed are all already sold out. We were easily able to get Palo reservations for both brunch and dinner, though, on the day and time we were wanting. Pirate night is on day 4 (Cozumel). If anyone is interested in what tastings are available, here's what we found (Tastings are all $40 - $50 per person):

Day 1
  • Bourbon - 8pm
  • Champagne - 4:30pm
  • Tequila & Margarita - 6pm
  • Whiskey - 10pm
Day 2
  • Beer - 4:30pm
  • Cognac - 8pm
  • Martini - 4pm
  • Mixology - 4pm
  • Wine - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 9:30pm
Day 3
  • Beer - 11am
  • Bourbon - 8pm
  • Champagne - 12pm
  • Kick-Start - 9am, 10am
  • Martini - 12pm, 4pm
  • Mixology - 2pm, 4pm
  • Rum - 9:30pm
  • Wine - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 8pm
Day 4
  • Bourbon - 8pm
  • Chocolate & Liquor - 4pm
  • Cognac - 8pm
  • Martini - 4pm
  • Mixology - 4pm
  • Tequila & Margarita - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 10pm
Day 5
  • Beer - 11am
  • Champagne - 12pm
  • Kick-Start - 10am
  • Martini - 12pm, 4pm
  • Mixology - 2pm, 4pm
  • Wine - 4pm
  • Whiskey - 8pm
  • Royal Court Tea - Day 5 (can't see the time since we don't have a child eligible to attend)

Nothing appears to be listed for any special meet-and-greets, and we did not see any Merrytime-specific activities available to pre-book either.

We are really looking forward to this cruise! Our daughter has turned 18 since our last DCL experience, so she's so excited to be able to experience Palo and the adult-only areas/activities! Only 119 more days to go!

***EDIT*** I should have read it a little closer. Just noticed it was a listing of the different dates and times of the tastings. LOL

Last edited:
I offer to meet anyone interested for breakfast in the dining room the first sea day of the cruise, in case there’s interest. I’ve met many Disboards people this way, and have made many friends.

Book your excursions! I was just checking who was in port with us in Cozumel, and found that 8 ships with a capacity of ~31000 passengers are scheduled for the day!

8 December, 2022
ShipArrivalDeparture
Mariner Of The Sea07:0017:00
Celebrity Beyond 07:0016:00
Norwegian Prima08:0018:00
Carnival Vista08:0016:00
Carnival Breeze08:0017:00
Disney Dream08:0016:00
Carnival Horizon10:0018:00
Norwegian Pearl12:0018:00

@owensamo, it’s been a long time since we’ve been to Cozumel. Is there something you recommend?
We've only been once, but that trip we did the Fury Catamaran Snorkel & Beach excursion from the ship. That was a lot of fun, and the catamaran docks right by the ship, so very easy to get to. I think this time we're just going to book an all inclusive beach day directly with the resort and take a taxi to get there.

I like the idea of a resort day!:beach: It would be nice to have a pool.

I offer to meet anyone interested for breakfast in the dining room the first sea day of the cruise, in case there’s interest. I’ve met many Disboards people this way, and have made many friends.
Usually, I'm up for that. We have met some great people here on the DIS at WDW and on our first Disney cruise in 2019. Unfortunately, on the first sea day, we have Palo brunch booked. Still hope to meet some DIS people during the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter