December 28 Crowds are Insane

Robinjay

Potter Whovian Haunted with Disney Nightmares
Here now and the crowds are worse than the 24th and 25th by far! I am doing great (flying solo today), but have seen so many frustrated families and people yelling at poor CMs. 2+ hour waits and FPs running out by early afternoon. Pirates had their lines zig zagging down by the river all of the way to HM. It was madness! I was just chilling, looking and shopping, but still rode a few rides with little wait (FP and single rider). At CA now and insane here too! TOT 60 mins and Soaring 2 hours and it is 4:20! Very different from our experiences on the 24th and 25th!

I just went by RSR in CA to check out single rider. An hour wait, so I passed. The standby by is 240 minutes. Like 4 hours! Wowza!!

I was at Knott's yesterday, 2 hour wait for Ghostrider, 90 minutes for Coast Rider, Jaguar was at 55 minutes....

HyperSpace Mountain is 170 right now. Almost 3 hours! The fast pass return line is past the pizza port.

Here now and the crowds are worse than the 24th and 25th by far! I am doing great (flying solo today), but have seen so many frustrated families and people yelling at poor CMs. 2+ hour waits and FPs running out by early afternoon. Pirates had their lines zig zagging down by the river all of the way to HM. It was madness! I was just chilling, looking and shopping, but still rode a few rides with little wait (FP and single rider). At CA now and insane here too! TOT 60 mins and Soaring 2 hours and it is 4:20! Very different from our experiences on the 24th and 25th!

were waiting for the fireworks now. We got a prime spot right in front of the castle. I've never scoped out a spot for fireworks before but decided to today. DL has been packed all day. We used our MM today (LONG day for us) and got quite a bit done and we made good use of FP to do more as the day went but we didn't get anywhere near what we usually do on our MM days in other times of year.

DCA yesterday wasn't nearly as bad as DL was today. But I knew it would be crowded and we are having a great time! Helps to know we still have 2 more days (well one and a half as Friday we will leave around lunch time most likely).

One thing I have learned is park hoppers are far less useful when the parks are this packed. We usually hop back and forth on our trips but so far in two days we haven't park hopped one time! We may try hopping tomorrow but not sure yet.

Watching the crowds try and go by is crazy. Literally sardines smashed into a van too small.

This is the way it is every time around Christmas. We learned our lesson in 2014 and will never go back around this time of the year again.

It's packed for sure but I wouldn't hesitate to do this again! We are still having a great time and doing sooo much. Love the holiday decor as well.

Awe man fireworks may be canceled (highly likely it appears). Prime spot and waiting for 2 hours for nothing. Oh well time to head back and go to bed and be ready for tomorrow.

Yes, I know crowds are crazy at the holidays, but the weren't crazy on Chirstmas Eve. They were surprisingly light! And Christmas was not nearly as bad as expected. It was doable, and not what I would call crazy or insane. Today was worse than what I saw at Disneyland or even at Disneyworld on Christmas Day or week previously. :)

But I still love it here!

Does this level of crowds extend to next week or end with new years?

With many schools still on vacation, and the Rose Bowl Visitors, it is expected to be insane through the 3rd and 4th, and then get slightly lighter until January 9th, were there should be a few days of low crowds before the Marathon and Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.

Wow! All I can say is wow. I always wonder if it is as bad as they say over Christmas week....sounds like it is!!

We were there also, yep, it was pretty crowded, but never hit turnstile closures (did hit readmit only.) FP line for Racers was 30-45 mins at one point when we rode. Disappointed that fireworks were cancelled but the balloon was moving way too fast. DCA didn't feel as crowded as Disneyland. And it didn't feel as bad as the 27th.

So glad we went last week! Rode Scream-in' 6 times Friday morning, TSM twice and TOT twice...plus Santa pics in an hour and a half before we got on our plane. Wait times this week have been ugly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter