December 2013 - too early or already booked?

kjbean

Mouseketeer
I was trying to get an idea on travel dates in December 2013, specifically the campsites for my parents camper. But I get error messages that there is no availability for any resorts for the dates selected. I know the week of Christmas can be busy, but is it possible it is already booked? Or am I just looking too early?

I would have your TA check for you on that. I've had ours check for next October 2013, for resort openings and she got me prices and everything! when is your anniversary? Ours is 10/19/2003; so we'll be celebrating our 10th next october!

You can only book up to 499 days out, so there's still a bit of December 2013 that's too far out.

Maybe that's the issue. I'm looking at 12/22/13 - 12/28/13

Yep, that's what I found. Booking through 12/25 shows availability, but once I extended the check out date to 12/26, it gave the message of nothing available. In a few more days and you should be able to get a quote/book ;).

my parents tried a couple yrs ago... xmas time is a tough to get at the campground. I remember her saying calling. because you can reserve like 499 days out for site/resort only.

Also if no availabilty for your dates to call back very often for cancellations. your key date for phone reservation is 499 days from arrival with no tix,dining,etc....

also dont be afraid to book front end or back end of their stay. chances you can add a day or two as cancellations come in. being the time of year it is the odds arent real good for cancellations but you gotta start somewhere if your gonna give it a shot. can always cancel the reservation if you cant get the full dates filled in as its gets closer.

If they get a reservation tell them to take the xmas lights as i hear thats big in the campground. Dont forget to reserve a golf cart( they will want it). I actually wished we still had our rv. the campground looks nice. It should be for $100 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter