December 2-10 2006 - What should I expect?

scubamouse

Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>My shoes match. I
We were planning a week after thanksgiving trip but can't get a 1bdrm villa at VWL. We can get exactly what we want by going from 12/2 to 12/10. Our kids will be 4.5 and 6 when we travel.

Is this pop warner week? IIRC it is. If we're at VWL how bad will it be - dont sugar coat it. Is this the week the tv show is tapes? As long as we know the date I think we can avoid that day at MK.

We went a little later in December in 2005 and adored it. Our only issue was it left us w/no time to prep for Christmas so we'd like to have more Christmas at home prep time.

I'm bummed we can't do what we want the week earlier but we really want the 1 bdrm set-up and close to the MK. Yes I know I'm being a princess: princess: princess: but I don't care!

We were there around that time last year and the Pop Warner stuff was getting started...to be honest it didn't really make any difference. The crowds were great the whole trip in fact they were the best we had ever experienced. It was a great time to see WDW and the only time we will go back from now on....we are spoiled to it. :wave2:

We were there from the 6th-13th last year. It was perfect. The longest we waited was 30 minutes for Soarin'. We were probably on Splash and Space 30 times over our week. On Splash they didn't even make us get out of the boat.
Pop Warner was not a factor in the least.

You picked a great time to go.

Me and DBF were there from Dec 9-12 2005 and Pop Warner hardly affected us at all. We woke up early, got to the parks at opening time and got most of the rides done early. I loved seeing the parks all dressed up for the holidays. I will definitely go during this time again!

IIRC - Pop Warner stays mostly at Value Resorts and if they're typical teens they're not at opening right? Do the crowds build a bit as the week goes on, meaning if it's a tournament and some are eliminated over the week do more pop warner kids start hitting the park harder?

Personally, I think you are going at a better time than your original plans.
It really is the perfect time to go !!! No Kidding !!! You will hardly notice Pop Warner at VWL. It also does not affect the park crowds very much at all.

This year they will probably be taping the Christmas parades Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. If you don't want crowds, I would avoid the MK on those days.

Really - you have picked the perfect time to go ! :banana:

My family went Dec 2-10, 2005 for our 3rd trip in 2 years, and that trip was the best of the 3 for a few reasons.
Weather is grrrreeaatt. Mid-low 80's during the day, 50-60's in the eves.
Crowds are low.
The park is decorated as you know. Went to a MVMCP - must do!

It is indeed Pop Warner Week, but like the other posters have said, it has a slim to no effect at all on the crowds. Keep in mind, the players and cheerleaders are busy doing their events during the weekdays, so they are not in the parks. They do stay at the Value resorts. When those resorts get full, they overflow to the moderates. You will not be affected at all at VWL.

The Christmas parade will be taped that first weekend, just don't go to MK that weekend. We went to Epcot and MGM instead, and crowds were low there.
Also remember, MGM will close early on the Friday night for a Pop Warner party.

I challenge people to find a better time to go to WDW than the first week or two in December.
Any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

CDN Prince Charming

We have been there twice the first week of December and we are going again from Dec. 3 to the 13. It's a great week to be there. We've not had problems with crowds either time we've gone. You should be just fine, you won't be disappointed.

Michele

I went then to WDW and stayed at Disney's Polynesian Resort. It was actually surprisingly very sunny and in the 80's. I overheard somepeople saying that they always come at this time and it's not normally this busy. I guess it depends on how many people decide to take their christmas vacation then.

Have Fun!

I challenge people to find a better time to go to WDW than the first week or two in December.
Any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

CDN Prince Charming

I love challenges!!! I've been the first week of December the last five years, plus the last week of October the last five! My take, the last week of October... (pre-Jersey week..hahahaha) is the best!! The weather is better than the first 2 weeks of December, Food and Wine festival is in full swing, it's
still daylight savings, and the weather is great! Oops, already said that. I can't disagree about the Christmas decorations. Just for the record, I've never
noticed a difference with Pop Warner week......from a football perspective. But I can tell you that the accompanying cheerleaders are more of the nuisance! Let's leave the cheers on the field! :banana: :cheer2:

The first week of December is my favorite time to go! We went the 2nd-6th of December in 2004 and it couldn't have been more perfect!

Expect to see us there!! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

We pretty much have to go at that time, but I wouldn't trade it for any other!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter