• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec. trip

pamouselover

“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbo
Looks like we might be going to disney in Dec. most likley a week or two before christmas, for my birthday! :cool1:
Still debating though. If not Dec. maybe early spring.
Are the pools still open at the resorts in Dec.?
How is the weather? My Mom lived in Orlando for a couple years, she said it gets cold. But I dont belive her becasue she is always cold.
Any Disers fans of Dec. trips?

After we go this September, we will resume our annual December trips to WDW. It is our favorite time of year to go. Disney does Christmas right! Decorations are everywhere and the holiday spirit is everywhere too. The pools are all open year round and are all heated. That being said it still may be a bit chilly in the water on some days, but I always swim. Temps can go as high as 80, but then you can suddenly have a day when it's 60. So you need to bring both types of clothes.

I highly recommend December (especially the first 3 weeks of the month)!

We've been to WDW in Dec. 2001, 2002 and 2005. The weather is so unpredictable. You have to pack for warm and cold weather. Last Dec., the week before Christmas, we wore winter coats, hats and gloves most of the time.

The pools are open year round. We have never used them in Dec. Even though the pools are heated, the air is usually too cold.

I am going this December and I was there in Dec 2004, it was very cold, 45 at night, maybe 60 in the day. We could see our breath in the parks but it was so neat for the holiday season and Mickeys very merry christmas party. They were selling mitts and hats at every counter.

We were there Dec 9 to Dec 17 in 2004.

It was cold a good majority of the trip.

The pools were open. There were a few days where it got into the 70s. The lifeguards at POFQ were wearing winter coats and gloves. Our one bus driver said the parks should have been closed because it was in the 30s in the morning and in the 50s in the afternoon.

Make sure you bring your own gloves and hats with you. Bring an extra pair of gloves if you go.

Disney sells plain black, non character magic stretch gloves for $8 a pair, and plain black knit caps for $8. I did see a pair of Super Mickey magic stretch gloves in DTD. They were $10 a pair. Yikes. They are like 50 cents at WalMart here.

We're going the next time in Dec 2007. We can't wait. It was cold, but great.

The people who went the week before had warm weather. Even the morning we left for the trip Weather.com said mid to upper 60s each day with lows in the 50s. That changed really fast.

There was a website that gave the weather on a particular week in Orlando (sorry, no link) and it gave highs of 60-85 and lows of 40-60 for the second week of December.

Dec. is a beautiful time of year to visit Disney. I have been to Disney in Dec. several times (1995, 1998, 2002 and 2004) and have experienced the weather extremes will there. It can get cold in Orlando at night and easily be in the 40's with the damp air (some people didn't pack for this and you can tell they were cold). At other times a heat wave would come through and generally would bring the extremely day time temps of 75 to 78 with nights in the high 50's/60's. As stated by others bring the range of clothest to cover all the high's and low's. Other than that most pools are heated. There was a pool or two at the moderates (PORS) that didn't feel like it was heated but the main pools were always heated. I have also been to the Typhoon Lagoon when it was in the mid 70's and most pools and slides were comfortable with the exception of the tubing pool which circles the entire park (afternoon the water did get chilly as most of this pool is covered by trees/bushes, etc.)

Have a great vacation and wonderful birthday trip.

we are going in Dec too (also for my Birthday! I am 12/9) and I have read on other threads regarding this that most people find it to be in the 70's and 80's during the day but in the 40's at night. Check on the Theme Parks board (there are probably currently 4 threads about Dec - March weather. We will be bringing jeans and sweatshirts, but also shorts, t-shirts, and bathing suits just in case! :sunny:

SIMBAA 22-19th here. Happy early birthday from one (HERE IS YOUR BIRTHDAY/CHRISTMAS PRESENT) to the other. :cake:

So,I guess Mom is STILL always right. She had a fire place in her condo and I thought it was nuts to have one in Florida.:teeth:
I will be turning the big 35, so I really just want to goto my favorite palce on earth. My DH is up for it, but the kids are like will we still have christmas?
My mom then told then it is so cold down there your better off staying home.
I was looking into staying at POFQ, so that is why I asked about the pool.
Last Sept. we want to the pool one time at ASMO. Kids would love the pool.
I will really have to think about it now. Being from Pa. by christmas, I am usally dreaming of the heat wave we are having now!
Thanks everyone! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter