Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

Hi Everyone!

Got a question for the experienced Disney travellers. My family is Catholic and on our last Carnival cruise we had the opportunity to catch mass on the ship when a traveling Priest happened to be on the cruise as well. Seeing as we will be on our Day at Sea on the Sunday, do any of you experience disney cruisers know of mass being available on a Disney cruise?

I'm thinking that this is highly unlikely as Catholic Priests can't marry, and thus have little children around. The only viable thing I see would be if a priest or a church group brings along children from an oraphanage or something.

Just wondering......

Hi Everyone!

Got a question for the experienced Disney travellers. My family is Catholic and on our last Carnival cruise we had the opportunity to catch mass on the ship when a traveling Priest happened to be on the cruise as well. Seeing as we will be on our Day at Sea on the Sunday, do any of you experience disney cruisers know of mass being available on a Disney cruise?

I'm thinking that this is highly unlikely as Catholic Priests can't marry, and thus have little children around. The only viable thing I see would be if a priest or a church group brings along children from an oraphanage or something.

Just wondering......

Hello There Tower,
I don't know when you will be back on line posting but thought I would answer your question about mass on DCL.
I have sailed a number of times on DCL. In fact we are booked for the Oct. 24, 2009 Eastern cruise. DCL has a Sunday morning ecumenical service meant to take care of all faith needs.
Hope this helps.
We originally had planned to book your Dec. 5, 2009 cruise but went to Oct. because of some friends we have cruised with a number of times booked Oct.. We are still debating going back to the Dec. 5 cruise instead.
Chris

Welcome Woody!

Looking forward to meeting you and your family on this cruise. My kids keep talking about it and it's still a year and a half away!

(Me, DW and our DD who will be 5......+ my father may join us too!)[/quote]

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
I just got word today that my father will be joining us on the cruise too! He will be 82 then. So, our cabin will now include:
Me (Andy): 43
DW (ToniAnn): 41
DD (Elizabeth): 5
DD (Marty): 82

Happy 4th of July to all our fellow cruisers! Hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the fireworks!

we are whether booking this one or the one on the 12 Dec 2009. we did a western with carnival in Apr 08 and it was ok but not great. dont really know nothing about the eastern ports. will having 3 days at sea be boring. i was on the legend and we only had 1 day at sea followed by 4 ports then another sea day. what is there to do on the ships for the 2 days?

nick

Just stopping in to say Hi :wave2: We are cruising in November this year and if we book on board this would probably be the cruise we would book.

Too far off yet, but we should pretty much know by November.

Joanna

Hi Joanna,

Yes, a long way away, but we've been booked almost 7 months already and that time just flew by!

We made one big mistake though, we told our 7 and 5 year old kids about it and they keep talking about it. They are so 'Disney disney disney' we are getting Dizzy!

Actually ended up booking WDW for this November just to get a bit of sanity in the house. And no, we won't tell them till our Canadian Thanksgiving in Ocotober.

So, any new people on this board, DON"T TELL YOUR KIDS YET!

Interesting to note, though the trip is still a year and a half away, this thread is already 6 pages long! How long will it be by the time we take off?

Any other Canadians out there?

Just stopping in to say Hi :wave2: We are cruising in November this year and if we book on board this would probably be the cruise we would book.

Too far off yet, but we should pretty much know by November.

Joanna

Hi Mjasp (Joanna)!

Come join the party! We have been booked since last December. We will have myself, my dw, my dd (5 years old then) and my father (82 years old then).

See Ya!

3LVDisney

Hey 3LV!

We're close to you in family, but my dd will be 6 and my mom, not my late dad will be coming along too, but she will be only 75

Ok, we'll also have my other 2 DS's 2 and 8 by then.

Looking forward to a great time!

Hello Everyone,

Looks like we will be booking this cruise in November.

We want to celebrate our Anniversary Onboard. 16 Years December 10th, 2009

Will know 100% on our 2008 Western November 29th Cruise..

Talk Soon

Welcome Bobby, Cindy, Katie, Jessie, and Bobby Jr.!

Make sure you let us know when you actually book, and the ages of your kids.

The more the merrier! :beach:

Welcome Bobby, Cindy, Katie, Jessie, and Bobby Jr.!

Make sure you let us know when you actually book, and the ages of your kids.

The more the merrier! :beach:

Sure Will.

It will be the week of November 29th-December 5th..

I want to grab the 10% off and the onboard credit while we are on the ship..

Hi Joanna,

Yes, a long way away, but we've been booked almost 7 months already and that time just flew by!

We made one big mistake though, we told our 7 and 5 year old kids about it and they keep talking about it. They are so 'Disney disney disney' we are getting Dizzy!

Actually ended up booking WDW for this November just to get a bit of sanity in the house. And no, we won't tell them till our Canadian Thanksgiving in Ocotober.

So, any new people on this board, DON"T TELL YOUR KIDS YET!

Interesting to note, though the trip is still a year and a half away, this thread is already 6 pages long! How long will it be by the time we take off?

Any other Canadians out there?

Please...torture is the word to use...My 12 yr old DD is reading the Passporter and feels the need to share EVERY tidbit she reads with me...She is making me CRAZY!!! I can't get anything done!
When I say something she says...You want me to read don't you?

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering how everyone is doing? Hoping you all are enjoying your summer!!!!!!!! :banana:

Vicki

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering how everyone is doing? Hoping you all are enjoying your summer!!!!!!!! :banana:

Vicki

3LVDisney is doing great. In fact, I (Andy) am visiting the New York offices of my company today and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is about 100 feet away from the big World of Disney store :cool1: :banana: . As soon as I finish my meetings here, I am on my way to check it out and get my "Disney Fix" which will need to last me until January when we are at WDW again.

-3LVDisney

Hey 3LV!

Gotta get that addiction fixed eh?

We're doing WDW on Nov 8 and already can't wait.

On another note, do you know if there is some kind of meet and greet on the ship for all posters on this forum? It would be nice to put a face to the names of you guys at the start of the cruise rather than finally meet on our last day.

Hey 3LV!

Gotta get that addiction fixed eh?

We're doing WDW on Nov 8 and already can't wait.

On another note, do you know if there is some kind of meet and greet on the ship for all posters on this forum? It would be nice to put a face to the names of you guys at the start of the cruise rather than finally meet on our last day.

Well, the NYC World of Disney is definitely a great place to go. It felt just like being at WDW :yay: . I even took a picture with Pluto and Minnie Mouse (yes, they have character meet and greets!). After visiting all 3 floors and buying lots of gifts, it was time to make my way home :guilty: . I also did get a 10% discount on my purchases for being a annual pass member :woohoo: .

As for our official meet on the Magic, we have not set a time yet. When we sailed on the Wonder, our DIS group met at 3:00 pm on embarkation day in one of the open bar areas near the buffet. It was nice as everyone was on the ship, but some people could not make it as they were in the pool, exploring the ship, etc. Also, people left early to prep for the drill. If we do a meet on our trip (which I say we should), I would suggest we meet either earlier or possibly during the sail away event. Also, we should pick a DIS Group theme / name for our cruise and have someone coordinate either shirts (DIS Lime Green, of course) or buttons or something to that effect. Any suggestions from the group on meet times / themes? In addition, we could do a "secret santa" exchange or have everyone get the "fish holders" (the letter / gift exchange things you hang off the fish outside your door). And....we should all decorate our doors. We did this last time and it was great!

-3LVDisney pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter