Dec 24, 2022 eastern caribbean fantasy christmas cruise meet thread

Hoping to find others joining us for this cruise.

My family is looking forward to getting away for Christmas, taking away some of the chaos of "but I want to see the kids open their gifts at my house" and "We always do dinner at 3pm Christmas day and you have to be here".

the parties:

Me, Lisa, will be 58 this trip. My 4th Disney cruise
DM, Helen, will turn 85 one week before we board. First Disney cruise

DS, Casey, 30. Also 4th Disney cruise
DDIL, Kay, 32 first Disney cruise
DGD, Ely, 6 1/2. First Disney cruise
DGS, Cayden, will be just over 2. First Disney cruise

My family cruised in 2002, 2003,and 2004 on the inaugural western Caribbean (magic), a 4 day wonder Bahamas cruise, and the 10 day Christmas cruise in 2004 (magic). Lots of life changes since then, but I'm excited to get back to cruising.

My son is active duty navy, so we're hoping he can join us, depending on his deployment schedule.

that's enough for now. Really hoping to meet up with my fellow cruisers.

Hi Lisa! We just booked our cruise today. We are excited!

We did a cruise in 2014 on the Fantasy.

It will be me Tess (51), DH - Brian (51), DS - Jake (20) amd DD - Riley (17).

A totally different Christmas for us but so excited about a Disney Christmas.

Tess, thanks for posting. I was starting to think I had done something wrong! Hoping we get more company and can get a good group going.

Hello Tess and Lisa,

We just booked this cruise as well after losing our B2B Wish sailings. It will be our second trip on the Fantasy. The first was also in 2014, like Tess. Hope the time passes quickly until we get on the ship, then very, very slowly.

Hi Kimberly . . . I hope it goes fast too! Did you see there is also a FB group for our sailing? Maybe you are already in that group. :) I rarely get on FB so don't keep up with it the best. 307 Days!

Hi Kimberly . . . I hope it goes fast too! Did you see there is also a FB group for our sailing? Maybe you are already in that group. :) I rarely get on FB so don't keep up with it the best. 307 Days!
Yes, I just joined it earlier today funnily enough. I use my real last name here and my maiden name on Facebook, so I'm Kimberly Brown over there.

So glad to see all of you here. I had some wonderful experiences with dis boarders on my previous cruises. It felt good to "know" people on board.

I'll share a bit about myself in hopes of starting conversation. You've got the boring stuff like age, kids, etc. above.

on the personal front, I live in the Tampa Florida area, and work for the dept of defense. I travel quite a bit for my job, spending about 20% of my work life in Washington D.C. Travel sounds fun until you do it. Then you realize it's a lot of time in airports, and hotel rooms, where you catch up on email.

I volunteer in the church nursery holding babies, which is a calling. After my first, extremely fussy child crying doesn't bother me! I have sang in our choir, but my travel schedule has put that on hold this year. Since the pandemic, I've started making masks, and am up around 1500 or so distributed at work and through friends and family.

I mentioned the grandkids earlier but they are my joy! I'm so grateful to see them about once a month. Hearing that sweet "Grammy" , along with huge hugs is the best!,

I'll stop now. Hope this starts some coversations.

Hello fellow Merrytime travelers!

This thread looks a little quiet. Did everyone move someplace else?

The Facebook page is more active if you want to check in with people there, AFKlingon

Just seeing your post, Lisa.

I am from Las Vegas, Nevada. Have lived here since I was 7 minus a one year brief move for my husband's job. It was really nice to come back home, because I love it here. It will be me (Kimberly 42), my husband Crap Bag (45), my son (Xander 16), and my son Connor (11) on the ship. This will be our sixth Disney cruise. Our fifth is just before we board this one when we join the Disney Wish. Once completed, that's 2 trips on the Wonder, 2 trips on the Fantasy, 1 trip on the Dream (although we already have our second trip and seventh DCL cruise booked for this June), and 1 trip on the Wish. We are just missing the Magic, but I will make a point to pick a Magic sailing in 2024. I am a blogger (writing not media), although I have not blogged in a couple of years minus a couple of posts here and there. Just have not had the motivation. My husband is a CRO, Chief Revenue Officer. Xander is a theatre kid and has a play starting tomorrow night that I am really looking forward to. Connor plays the guitar and is really into Roblox.

As far as hobbies, I love Pokemon Go and will try to find a way to play it on our vacation, although I doubt I will find any Pokemon while we are on the ocean.

I should add that my DH travels almost every single week for work, so getting him for 2 straight weeks is not normal for our family. This will be our first 2 week vacation, ever. We're very excited that we all get to be together for so long Thankfully Christmas is a slower time at his job, so we can make this vacation work.

I should also add that I did not pick his name, he did. He does not let me post his real name on the boards.

This is my first and my daughter’s first, but DH has been on DCL before. We live in Franklin, TN by I was born and raised in Miami and was an avid Disney goer. We are celebrating my DD (Madi) 10th birthday and our (Monica and Donnie) 10th wedding anniversary. I am not on FB so hope that doesn’t cause me to miss important things?

I’ve done so much research so I feel pretty prepared. I only have dumb questions left like is there always enough hot water to bathe 🤣

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hoping to find others joining us for this cruise.

My family is looking forward to getting away for Christmas, taking away some of the chaos of "but I want to see the kids open their gifts at my house" and "We always do dinner at 3pm Christmas day and you have to be here".

the parties:

Me, Lisa, will be 58 this trip. My 4th Disney cruise
DM, Helen, will turn 85 one week before we board. First Disney cruise

DS, Casey, 30. Also 4th Disney cruise
DDIL, Kay, 32 first Disney cruise
DGD, Ely, 6 1/2. First Disney cruise
DGS, Cayden, will be just over 2. First Disney cruise

My family cruised in 2002, 2003,and 2004 on the inaugural western Caribbean (magic), a 4 day wonder Bahamas cruise, and the 10 day Christmas cruise in 2004 (magic). Lots of life changes since then, but I'm excited to get back to cruising.

My son is active duty navy, so we're hoping he can join us, depending on his deployment schedule.

that's enough for now. Really hoping to meet up with my fellow cruisers.
Hi Lisa, we are also a DoD family (currently stationed overseas) and Tampa may be our next home. Would love to meet up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter