Dec 2020

Brewerfan101

Earning My Ears
So we're planning a WDW/US/IOA visit during Dec 2 - 10, 2020. We can Rent DVC Pts from a Boulder Ridge Owner for the length of our Stay.

My question is: is it feasible to do Both US & IOA (by using a Ride Share) in one Day/Night given Crowds and these Rides and would we need Express Pass? Or does it make more Sense to Split the Stay and stay at a Universal Hotel that offers Unlimited Express Pass?

We haven't been to US in nearly 20 years, and being more Disney "aware", I'm not sure if 1 Day is too little, 3 Days is too much, but maybe 2 Days is "JUST RIGHT".

We'd like it to be not as Ride focused at WDW, use FP+ but also just enjoy the Parades, Side Shows (i.e. Dapper Dan like), Decorations, etc. Are there similar activities at US/IOA that could consume more than 2 Days?

Need Help.

Thanks

Rip Ride RockitHarry Potter Hogsmeade area
Revenge of the MummyHarry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Harry Potter and the Escape from GringottsHagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (Rope Drop)
Hogwarts ExpressIncredible Hulk Roller Coaster
Men In Black Alien AttackAmazing Adventures of Spider Man
The Simpson's RideJurassic Park River Adventure
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

A lot has changed at UO in the last 20 years since you visited there
If you want to just do those rides you listed, buy the ep so you will have less time waits

Book a premier hotel onsite and get the free ep for all on your reservation
Two park days with that free perk will allow you to cover rides, shows, street entertainment plus exploring the shops

Some peeps take hours just to explore the Potter sections and their entertainment

Hotel rooms are affordable for your time period for the deluxe category

For that time frame the deluxe hotels are less due to the fact that is not a peak season since it's after Thanksgiving and nowhere near Christmas technically yet. If you're wanting to focus on rides it would be just two days, but as you mentioned you do not want to focus on just rides and if you're wanting to explore the Harry Potter areas, enjoy the shows, Christmas (Decorations / Grinchmas / Macy's Parade), and take it all in you'd need minimum three days, especially if you might want to throw in a few re-rides.

Unlimited EP is included on check in and check out day, so if you're wanting to take advantage of that as soon as possible, or even EE you'll need to arrive early. You may not have access to your room yet, but you may get your card so you can start enjoying those perks.

Also, whether unlimited EP is necessary, or not (during your time), I believe staying at the minimum on property is more easy and convenient than if you were traveling from Disney back and forth. Just a hotel that is a few miles away from Universal it can take a 10-15 minute drive, so if you're staying somewhere at Disney I'd be much longer than that.

Last edited:
I agree. We recently stayed at RP during August's "slow period" and had the unlimited EP. It was our first time going there and the lines we saw did not indicate slow, they were long. If you plan on riding each ride once EP would work. Two days would be great!
Not sure if you've seen crowd calendars but here are a few:
UnderCover Tourist

Touring Plans

Orlando Informer

Have a great trip!

Off topic, but I love your avatar, @FoxC63! To go back on topic, thanks for providing those links to the OP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter