Debt Dumpers 2023

Just a thought but these are the same symptoms I had with my gallbladder. I didn’t have stones I had a dysfunctioning gallbladder. After having it removed the difference was like night and day.

You may have celiac for gluten intolerance. I would burp all the time/pass gas because my stomach would bloat so bad and get headaches when eating gluten. They will be able to tell with the endoscopy. Good luck I hope you find the answers you are seeking.
I truly can't wait to get the endoscopy and its results... if it's my gallbladder it's coming out. If it's suddenly gluten intolerance I can live with that too (I think!). If it's my pancreas - well, I don't know what they'll do about that (meds?), but if it's an ulcer there's meds for that too! I just want ANSWERS!!

I appreciate all of your thoughts and comments and well wishes! And I didn't mean to de-rail this thread!

Check your insurance, some states covered cracked windshields via your insurances, ours does, no deductible since the state covers it. We've had several windshields repaired for free and we get safelite to come to us to fix it.

You may have celiac for gluten intolerance. I would burp all the time/pass gas because my stomach would bloat so bad and get headaches when eating gluten. They will be able to tell with the endoscopy. Good luck I hope you find the answers you are seeking.
They can do a simple blood test to check for celiac. I had to take ds22 for the test when he was 18 months old. He was born a pork chop, 8 lbs 11 oz, and by 18 months he was in the 5th percentile for height and weight.
It wasn't celiac; just the difference between my meals feeding him directly and him feeding himself and running around so much and burning it off. He is still a string bean and has to make an extra effort to get enough calories in.
Hmmm... I think that comes from dh's genes; that just doesn't happen on my side. :lmao:

Peeps,
for all you struggling with your colonoscopy preps, don't stress over every detail. Yes, follow which of your current meds to stop and which to continue. That is important, as is which color Jello & popsicles you have. Stock up on lemon & lime.
Don't torture yourself on the "low roughage for 3 days prior" part. If you normally eat a very high fiber/whole foods diet, take this time as an excuse to be "bad". Have a cheeseburger and some French fries. Mac n cheese. Spaghetti & meatballs. If you have a salad or eat an apple with skin, it's not the end of the world. I still had plain whole milk in my morning coffee on the day of the fast, because I'm psycho-cranky without it. If all that Gatorade later can't flush out a few tablespoons of milk, stop the world; I wanna get off.

Also, it's ok to start the prep a little earlier than the time they tell you. More so if you are not a night owl. Where dh & go, (the hosp where I work) they say to take the Ducolax pill at 4pm then start drinking the Gatorade/Miralax drink at like 5 pm or so. I have a coworker who has had soooo many already and not even 45 yet due to years of nausea and constipation since age 20. We consider her the "prep expert" besides the docs of course. She said she completely ignores the hold back roughage and starts at 2pm so she can go to bed a little earlier than usual.
Definitely take a break if you feel nauseated so you don't puke. With that little bit of extra time, you won't feel so pressured to cram it all in. Also, see if your prep includes baby Mylicon drops to reduce gas. It's been since Aug for me so I don't remember exactly but IIRC it was 10x the baby dose on the package. I think that really helped that huge, full feeling.

What gets me through it is the thought of not just having cancer but needing a colostomy bag. Seeing patients in the hosp with them is a powerful motivator!! 💪

Also this past August, due to gaining weight since my last colonoscopy and my current BMI being what it is, I had to drink double the # of bottles of Gatorade/Miralax compared to dh. (This also applies to diabetics.)
THAT right there is a good reason to lose weight. :crazy: :headache::scared:
For me, that is the HARDEST thing in the world. I have quit smoking which people say is so hard. It was easy peasy compared to losing weight. I can avoid cigarettes 100% but no one can 100% stop eating.

Ooops. I didn't even update!

We are up to $7600 in saving for our bathroom remodel. I started to look at tile, etc. but dh has been working OT every Saturday for over a month, it's starting to wear him down. He has something like another 10 weeks of this too. He is allowed to turn it down but I know he never will. He never turns down OT. Ever.

So instead of pleading to him to shop with me for faucets, etc, I decided to push that goal back a while. It's not urgent. We're going to pilfer that savings fund and take a 5-nt cruise in March. He really wants some time to unwind and relax in the sun.
After 26 Disney cruises, we are going to try Celebrity. We still have our 14-nt WBPC on the Magic booked for October :cloud9: and I can't imagine loving Celebrity that much to make me want to cancel it. Celeb is a lot cheaper than DCL. Even when we add their package that includes drinks, wifi & gratuities, it is still almost $800 less than 5 nts on the Dream for the same dates. I try to be open-minded when trying another cruise line but both times on RC only left me wanting DCL more. We'll see.

So I'll switch gears to saving for the Oct cruise first and then start on the bathroom remodel fund. This should take me til around Halloween or Thanksgiving. I'll have to crunch the numbers.

Ds26 applied to our local IBEW for their electrician apprenticeship. Typically, it's very hard to get accepted but I'm hoping & praying, that his age might help if he's competing with a bunch of 18 year olds. Maybe they want someone a little more mature. He has to take an aptitude test first and I'm confident he will do well. He scored in 98th percentile when he took the ASVAB. All this waiting & wondering is torture for me.

pixiedust::shamrock:

Peeps,
for all you struggling with your colonoscopy preps, don't stress over every detail. Yes, follow which of your current meds to stop and which to continue. That is important, as is which color Jello & popsicles you have. Stock up on lemon & lime.
Don't torture yourself on the "low roughage for 3 days prior" part. If you normally eat a very high fiber/whole foods diet, take this time as an excuse to be "bad". Have a cheeseburger and some French fries. Mac n cheese. Spaghetti & meatballs. If you have a salad or eat an apple with skin, it's not the end of the world. I still had plain whole milk in my morning coffee on the day of the fast, because I'm psycho-cranky without it. If all that Gatorade later can't flush out a few tablespoons of milk, stop the world; I wanna get off.

Also, it's ok to start the prep a little earlier than the time they tell you. More so if you are not a night owl. Where dh & go, (the hosp where I work) they say to take the Ducolax pill at 4pm then start drinking the Gatorade/Miralax drink at like 5 pm or so. I have a coworker who has had soooo many already and not even 45 yet due to years of nausea and constipation since age 20. We consider her the "prep expert" besides the docs of course. She said she completely ignores the hold back roughage and starts at 2pm so she can go to bed a little earlier than usual.
Definitely take a break if you feel nauseated so you don't puke. With that little bit of extra time, you won't feel so pressured to cram it all in. Also, see if your prep includes baby Mylicon drops to reduce gas. It's been since Aug for me so I don't remember exactly but IIRC it was 10x the baby dose on the package. I think that really helped that huge, full feeling.

What gets me through it is the thought of not just having cancer but needing a colostomy bag. Seeing patients in the hosp with them is a powerful motivator!! 💪

Also this past August, due to gaining weight since my last colonoscopy and my current BMI being what it is, I had to drink double the # of bottles of Gatorade/Miralax compared to dh. (This also applies to diabetics.)
THAT right there is a good reason to lose weight. :crazy: :headache::scared:
For me, that is the HARDEST thing in the world. I have quit smoking which people say is so hard. It was easy peasy compared to losing weight. I can avoid cigarettes 100% but no one can 100% stop eating.

I had to have a colonoscopy 5 years ago at age 39. I didn't have to drink massive amounts of liquids. I was given 2 eight oz bottles of something called Suprep. It was like concentrated, salty Gatorade. I had to drink that straight followed by 16oz water over the next hour and then the second bottle at 5am the day of the procedure. Not bad. It was hard to choke down the Suprep, though. I plugged my nose and chugged it ice cold. Towards the end, it made me gag, but I kept it down. I actually enjoyed the prep. As a person who suffers from chronic constipation, I wish I could do this prep whenever I wanted. I felt so much relief! 😆

Last edited:
I had to have a colonoscopy 5 years ago at age 39. I didn't have to drink massive amounts of liquids. I was given 2 oz bottles of something called Suprep. It was like concentrated, salty Gatorade. I had to drink that straight followed by 16oz water over the next hour and then the second bottle at 5am the day of the procedure. Not bad. It was hard to choke down the Suprep, though. I plugged my nose and chugged it ice cold. Towards the end, it made me gag, but I kept it down. I actually enjoyed the prep. As a person who suffers from chronic constipation, I wish I could do this prep whenever I wanted. I felt so much relief! 😆
that reminds me of my surgery prep - it was 'lemon lime' flavor but good lord it was thick.

I had to have a colonoscopy 5 years ago at age 39. I didn't have to drink massive amounts of liquids. I was given 2 eight oz bottles of something called Suprep. It was like concentrated, salty Gatorade. I had to drink that straight followed by 16oz water over the next hour and then the second bottle at 5am the day of the procedure. Not bad. It was hard to choke down the Suprep, though. I plugged my nose and chugged it ice cold. Towards the end, it made me gag, but I kept it down. I actually enjoyed the prep. As a person who suffers from chronic constipation, I wish I could do this prep whenever I wanted. I felt so much relief! 😆

I think this changed after covid. I think it was harder to get. This sounds a lot like what I had to do for my first one. The Gatorade prep was much better.

They can do a simple blood test to check for celiac. I had to take ds22 for the test when he was 18 months old. He was born a pork chop, 8 lbs 11 oz, and by 18 months he was in the 5th percentile for height and weight.
It wasn't celiac; just the difference between my meals feeding him directly and him feeding himself and running around so much and burning it off. He is still a string bean and has to make an extra effort to get enough calories in.
Hmmm... I think that comes from dh's genes; that just doesn't happen on my side. :lmao:
Unfortunately there are a fair amount of false negatives for the blood test for celiac and the only definitive way it to check the intestines for death of the cillia.

There are a variety of preps that require a dr prescription. The first colonoscopies that dh and I had were called Movi-Prep and GoLightly. Of course the big laugh that no one goes lightly after drinking that crap.
I think by his 2nd or 3rd, they switched to the Gatorade option. It tastes way better and not so hard to drink some Gatorade.
I really think they should just remove the artificial coloring to all Gatorade so if I want cherry flavor, I still can.

There are a variety of preps that require a dr prescription. The first colonoscopies that dh and I had were called Movi-Prep and GoLightly. Of course the big laugh that no one goes lightly after drinking that crap.
I think by his 2nd or 3rd, they switched to the Gatorade option. It tastes way better and not so hard to drink some Gatorade.
I really think they should just remove the artificial coloring to all Gatorade so if I want cherry flavor, I still can.

They do already have Gatorade that is free of dyes.

1. Pay off car note- starting balance $7565- paid $600, current balance $7089.

Oh my goodness this vehicle 😫. Cold Texas last week turned a chip in my windshield into a full on crack from one side to the next. While still drive able because it doesn't obstruct the view it still wasn't on my list of things to waste money on. Insurance deductible is 1k and replacement cost is coming in at just around 1300 😒. I'm seriously considering taking it to a dealership and seeing what they'll give me for it even if it's a trade toward something small for DH. We have a big family vehicle we take on most days anyway.

Lol, I had to laugh at everyone's comments about chips in windshields and getting them fixed. I got a chip in my windshield on my newer-to-me car last year and decided to be a proactive, responsible adult and get it sealed. Took it in to the Safelite guy who told me it was an easy fix and he'd have me ready to go in 30 minutes. He walked in 15 minutes later and said "I cracked the whole windshield." :headache: I had to come back again for him to replace the entire windshield because of course they didn't have one in stock.

Check your insurance, some states covered cracked windshields via your insurances, ours does, no deductible since the state covers it. We've had several windshields repaired for free and we get safelite to come to us to fix it.
I have USAA. I'm going to look into it again and contact them. As far as I see in my policy info, it's subject to the deductible I have, since I don't live in one of the listed states where it isn't.
We are up to $7600 in saving for our bathroom remodel. I started to look at tile, etc. but dh has been working OT every Saturday for over a month, it's starting to wear him down. He has something like another 10 weeks of this too. He is allowed to turn it down but I know he never will. He never turns down OT. Ever.
Just recently went through a bathroom remodel. It's a good idea not to rush. We rushed through, and I don't 100% like the end result. The bathroom was a priority to get done as something we agreed on in purchasing this place. I had some other projects I would like to do, but put a lid on those for now, or I may never even do them. Those projects I have to weigh whether they are necessary and if those will add any value. Plus, after spending down the savings set aside for moving and house, just want to pause.

I have USAA. I'm going to look into it again and contact them. As far as I see in my policy info, it's subject to the deductible I have, since I don't live in one of the listed states where it isn't.
I have USAA also, mine says for repairs the deductible is waived but for replacement I would have to pay the deductible. I'm in TX.

Just recently went through a bathroom remodel. It's a good idea not to rush. We rushed through, and I don't 100% like the end result. The bathroom was a priority to get done as something we agreed on in purchasing this place. I had some other projects I would like to do, but put a lid on those for now, or I may never even do them. Those projects I have to weigh whether they are necessary and if those will add any value. Plus, after spending down the savings set aside for moving and house, just want to pause.
Yes, sometimes you need to just coast for a while and make a future wish list. Or as they say in Bolt, “Let’s stick a pin in it.”

Our current bathroom was a rush job. The shower stall was all 1” square tiles that were still in good condition, just outdated. Dh was planning to redo the grout. So while using a grout comb to pick out the old grout, some little tiles started to just fall out and it turned out there was a minuscule water leak in the pipes behind that wall, beneath the tile. So it all had to be ripped out to fix the leak.
The bathroom had only a pedestal sink and the modern condo we had just moved from had a 48” vanity with plenty of storage. It was a struggle to adjust to say the least. Barely a spit to put down a tube of toothpaste. So while we’re at it, might as well fix all that too. If the toilet and sink traded places, there would be space enough for a full vanity. Dh was able to change all the drains and supply lines to make it work. I love how the whole bathroom turned out but the rush meant popping in a fiberglass shower stall and an old fashioned (ie inexpensive) framed shower door with tracks.

Now I’m 26 yrs older it’s even more a PITA to clean and modern doors with wheels at the top just make more sense.
Also 26 years older, I’m not sure how much of the work dh would want to do himself. I know it pains him to pay for labor.

We’ll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter