Deals offered on board

toy

Mouseketeer
I am trying to convince dh that I just can't wait until 2012 to go on the Dream with our friends. They won't go until last child turns 3 in September 2012. So, I reminded him that they offer a deal if you book before you leave. I just don't know what that deal is. Has anyone done the onboard offer and what kind of deal did you get?

10% off the cruise fare portion of the ticket (less some dumb small charge) + an onboard credit based on the length of the cruise you book.

And, the deposit should only be 1/2 of the normal deposit. It was in Nov 09. :thumbsup2

So if you have some spare change, you can set down a deposit for your next cruise and save some money and get OBC.

You can always cancel your reservation until the paid in full date to get your deposit back.

Do I have to have all the names of my party? I was wondering if I can just book for 2 of us and add the children later to spread out the deposit a little?

Do I have to have all the names of my party? I was wondering if I can just book for 2 of us and add the children later to spread out the deposit a little?

You can, but there is no guarantee that you'll be able to add the kids later. Their age group could fill up (yes, it does happen), or the lifeboat station could fill. As of 2 weeks ago, they were still offering the 1/2 deposit for bookings on board. Also, you will get the 10% off for only those people you book while on board. If you add the kids later, you won't get the discount on them.

very good points thanks for the info. This is why I love this board

Does anyone know the onboard credit for 4 or 5 night cruises?

Another question...if we aren't sure about school vacations for 2011...if we need to reschedule, does the discount/credit still apply? Thanks!

Yet another question! What if I re-book onboard and then later get one of those e-mails saying kids go free with adult? Can I use that for the cruise I booked onboard?

Yet another question! What if I re-book onboard and then later get one of those e-mails saying kids go free with adult? Can I use that for the cruise I booked onboard?
Yes you can, but if you do, you'll lose the 10% discount and OBC. You can only have one booking offer per reservation, so it's either/or, not both.

Sayhello

We booked the Dream when it first came available to Castaway Club members, but are hoping to rebook the same cruise onboard with the discount on our upcoming July cruise and just roll it over to our existing reservation on Dream. Many DISboarders book "dummy" reservations even when they don't know when (or even where) they want to go to grab that 10% discount. If they still have the half-off deposit deal, and you are able to let Disney hang on to your money for all that time, it's a great deal. Even with the full deposit, 10% on top of the earliest tier pricing (the lowest available for most cabins for each cruise date) is still something to consider.

Besides the potential financial advantages, nothing soothes your my-cruise-is-almost-over meltdown better than having that reservation confirmation for another cruise in hand, no matter how far off!

Also, you will get the 10% off for only those people you book while on board. If you add the kids later, you won't get the discount on them.

Double check on this because I was told the 10% off applies to the cabin, regardless of who was booked initially.

Just wanted to add that we received a flyer on our last day that basically said invite friends or family to join you on your cruise and mention code ????? and they too will receive a $100 OBC 3/4... $200 OBC 7 ..... must book within 30 days and must be on same cruise.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter