DDP & Split Resort Stays?

TweedleDee

Earning My Ears
For our upcoming trip In November we will be staying 2 nights at the CR followed by 7 nights at the YC. Currently I have 2 room only reservations. After reading all the great info about the dining plan, we thought we may like to add it to our reservations. I was planning to purchase the 10 day MYW tickets, can the DDP be added to our reservations considering we are splitting our stay at 2 different resorts?

Thanks,
Diana

Both reservation will probably need to purchase at least a one day ticket and pay rack rate. I think there is also a required stay of at least 4 nights?

I feel that this is something that Disney needs to address. I have never split my stay, but always thought that I might like to. Now, with the dining plan working as it does now, requiring a park ticket purchase, it won't be an option for us!!!

No, you would have to change your reservations to two packages. Each package requires the inclusion/purchase of the same park pass for each person on the reservation, but the park days don't have to match the reservation nights.
So you could (assuming the three-night minimum only applied to the free dining promotion) change your CR reservation to a package with ten-day MYW tickets, then change your YC reservation to a package with one-day base tickets (that you can use at a later date, or apply later to an upgraded ticket - assuming, of course, you make a room-only trip at some point in the future).
Or you could:
Change your CR reservation to a package with one-day base passes and your YC reservation to a package with ten-day MYW passes;
Not go to any park on your arrival day;
Use the base passes to enter any one park on your second day;
Check into YC as early as 6 AM on the day you're changing hotels and get your ten-day passes.

Thank you all so much for your advice :) Our family has always enjoyed split stays at Disney resorts. Looks like we will pass on the DDP this trip, but we will plan according for future trips. I agree with one of the posters who said that disney should look at perhaps making a change to their current guidelines so that guests who split their stays at different resorts could also take advantage of the DDP.

Thanks Again!

I was just on the disney site and it offered me the dining plan for a one night stay. Hope this gives you more options

You could get the dining on the first ressi to try it out. You could get the 10 day passes with the 2 night stay ( i think) or get 1 or two day passes an upgrade them to 10 days at the park when you get there.

The dining plan credits are good until midnight of the day that you check out so you could have some meals on day three if you don't use them all on the first two days

Two things at once so didnt read all replies so sorry if already said

Can you reverse your stays do the 2 days at the end. That way you can have the dining plan for the longer stay and tickets that will last the whole trip. Also your dining plan doesnt expire till midnight of checkout day. If you save up snack credits you can get donuts etc on check out day for the last two mornings. This way you are only without the plan for one day plus your final day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter