DDP reviews......We ate our way around the World

katebeth

Mouseketeer
We just got back from the World and it was our first time on the DDP. WOW what a lot of food!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great way to try restaurants that we probably would not have tryed if we werent on the plan.

It was me, DH, DD(6) and DD(3)

Day 1.....Earl of Sandwich
We really enjoyed this place. I had the All American and DDH had the Cannonball. It was really crowded, but they got our food to us rather quickly
DD's both had the kids grilled cheese...but we were told that we could get a full size sandwich for the kids on the dining plan.

Day 2.....ABC Commissary
This was pretty standard CS food. The kids got the chicken tenders, DH and I got the fish and chips (really greasy)

Crystal Palace (dinner)
We had ADR's at 4:45 for CP and were seated right away. Before we could even give our drink orders, Eeoyre and Pooh came by our table which was kinda good. It gave us time aftewards to go get our food and eat a little before Tigger came by. Food was pretty good here. No complaints. I loved the Corn Spoon bread (YUMMMMMMMM)
I was disappointed with the selection of food at the kids buffet. They had one vegetable, mac and cheese and cheese pizza. I know that the kids could have eaten off of the adult buffet, but there was not much for them on that either. Compared to 1900 Park Fare (which we did later in the week) it was lacking for the kids.

Day 3.....Princess Breakfast at Epcot
This was a reallly good meal. All you can eat. The cinnamon buns were wonderful. The kids were too excited to eat. We saw Snow White, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and Belle in her yellow dress. We had eggs, cheese potatoes, sausage, bacon and biscuits. And when we were seated there was a plate of fruit and the sweet rolls. They were very good about bringing whatever we wanted. Our waiter noticed DD3 picking the strawberries out of the fruit and brought her a big bowl of just strawberries.

Day 4.........We grazed all day at MK. We were still so full from previous meals that we ate, that we ate a little here and there. DH and I split a roasted chicken meal from Cosmic Rays. The kids had a piece of pizza. We had a Dole Whip and a Milkshake and we split Figaro Fries at the Village Haus

Day 5.......Whispeing Canyon Cafe (breakfast)
WOW this place was fun. Each of us could order any 2 drinks we wanted as long as it wasnt alcohol. We got smoothies and cafe latte's and the girls got smoothies and juice. We got the breakfast skillet....which was sooooooooo yummy and filling. DD6 asked for ketchup and boy did she get ketchup...like 20 bottles of it. We really enjoyed the antics...at one point the entire restaurant was up doing the Hokie Pokie...... :rotfl2: . Cant wait to do the this one again

1900 Park Fare
This was a really neat way to end our trip. We actually changed our ADR's until 8:30 and it made for a nice relaxing dinner. Most of the crowd had gone and we had the characters pretty much to ourselves. We saw Cinderella, Prince Charming, the two mice and the Fariy God Mother. The food was really good...what a great kids buffet...good selection.

We liked the DDP...we did feel like we ate and ate and ate. But for as many character meals that we did..it paid for itself. Plus at the character meals, the girls did not eat that much due to the excitement. It would have been hard to pay OOP for those meals and have them not eat.

If you have any questions...let me know!!!!!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter