DDP Question

chorlick

I am a Princess... My father is The King of Kings!
We are thinking about adding the DDP to our vacation in Jan. We will not be arriving at the OKW until after 9pm. If our DDP starts on our first night, then wouldn't we lose the first day of our plan? If that is true, it seems like we would be paying $280.00 (39.99 x 7 people)for nothing. That's a lot of money! :smooth:

As I understand it, nothing would be lost. :thumbsup2 You get X number of lunches, dinners, and snacks and you can use them at any time during your stay. The credits expire at midnight on your checkout day. Hope this helps.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think you "loose" the first day, it would just carry over to the rest of your trip.

So if you have 7 days left, you would have 8 TS and 8 CS and 8 snacks meals remaining. I know that any sit down breakfast (say at Olivia's) counts as a TS meal.

Also some signature restraunts, Brown Derby for example, take 2 TS per person, you could use it in that way too.

I think snacks can be used up easily, soda, water, mickey Ice Cream bars,

Good luck

Oh, ok, so.....if we wanted, we could have 2 counter meals...say lunch and dinner in a day. Or, we could get two snacks in a day, etc. I guess I'm asking that the meals aren't tied to a daily thing, its just the life of your reservation....you could use the whole thing in a day if you wanted to? (OMG!!! you wouldn't be able to walk!!!)

That's how I understand it. You can use the credits in any order any day. As you use them, you should get a listing of remaining credits on your receipts. we're using the DDP for the first time in Nov.andwe're looking forward to it.

Best wishes for a great trip!

OK, one last question (I think). Can you use a sit down meal as a counter meal? I know, I know......that would be wasting money, but if push comes to shove and we don't want to do a sit down(we are known as the Power Park Family...we are the first in the parks and the last to leave!!). So if we run out of time or don't want to "waste" time doing a sit down (we already have 2 sit downs and a breakfast reserved) could we just use it as a counter meal? :bitelip:

I'm going to move this thread to the Board just for the Dining Plan. The workings/entitlements of DVC "version" of the plan are exactly the same as the DDP sold by CRO as part of a package.

chorlick - you may want to post your last question (in post #6) over there as a new thread to make sure someone sees it.

Best wishes -

chorlick said:
OK, one last question (I think). Can you use a sit down meal as a counter meal?
There is no provision in the DDP currently for doing that, but some visitors have succeeded in trading 1 TS for 1 CS in some restaurants.

However, there is reportedly an option to trade down being offered during the free dining craziness starting Sunday. We think it's primarily a CYA move by Disney because they won't have capacity to handle all the free dining folks, but it may work well for Theme Park Commandos even though it's not max value.

If that proves popular, who knows? They could decide to make it a regular part of the plan. Much too early to speculate on that, though.

Here's a link to one of the threads about the trade-in offer during free DDP.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1193186

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter