ddp more confusion ..sorry

huckster

DIS Veteran
:coffee: :yay: Your Table Service Meal includes one single serving:
Breakfast: Juice, Entrée, Non-alcoholic beverage
Lunch: Appetizer, Entrée, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage
Dinner: Appetizer, Entrée, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage

OR One full buffet.
Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available. Reservations are strongly suggested

does this mean 6 yr old cant order the buffet? like at liberty tree or crystal palace? sorry confused???

OR One full buffet.
Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available. Reservations are strongly suggested

does this mean 6 yr old cant order the buffet? like at liberty tree or crystal palace? sorry confused???

:) Of course they can. It just means that they can't order the adult $30 filet if there's a $7 kid's steak on the menu.

OR One full buffet.

There is no menu at buffet restaurants, so that line does not apply to buffets. At a buffet, children can eat anything on the buffet -- from the adult or children's section. When there is a menu, however, they have to eat off the children's menu. They can't order off the adult menu.

BTW, Liberty Tree isnt a buffet. It is served at the table, family style. The menu is set, and the ap (a salad and rolls) entrees (meats, veg, and starches) and dessert are brought to the table in large bowls/ on platters served family style. Its a nice option for people who want a character meal but arent looking forward to guiding their 3 kiddos through the buffet, and getting something for the 2 or 3y old, before getting a plate for themself:laughing: (I happen to love both buffets, and fam style service:goodvibes

Huckster, I can feel your pain. We did the ddp last year for the first time and I was a bit nervous that I would not understand how to use it, or I would use it wrong and end up with a bill at the end. It took us a couple of days to figure out what we could have and what was off limits. The first time I had to use it was at a counter service at MK. I walked up, explained I was on the plan and let them tell me how to order.

I know people here have complained about people taking too long in line because they do not know how to use the plan, but I was poliet and I don't think I held anyone up. I almost felt strange getting a drink, meal and desert for all 3 of us everytime we sat down to eat lunch. It was strange having all that food in front of us....it looked like we were feeding 10 people. We would take a taste of a few things and I did feel bad that we wasted so much food. At dinner, you order an appt. for each adult...which is so unlike us...and a meal and desert. I liked the plan, but I questioned it for at least a few days before I settled into it.

Ask questions and take your time. Do not let other rush you, you paid for the plan and you should feel comfortable using it. But you should take some pants with some room in them...whew the food!

I know people here have complained about people taking too long in line because they do not know how to use the plan

Some ppl **need** to complain. If they dont have a valid complaint, they'll find something:confused3

I have a similar issue. I am always worried about something, no matter how silly:sad2:

Some ppl **need** to complain. If they dont have a valid complaint, they'll find something:confused3

I have a similar issue. I am always worried about something, no matter how silly:sad2:

Gosh, you are so RIGHT!

I was standing at the counter, asking about the dining plan....with me I had my hubby in a wheel chair with no hair from his chemo :guilty: and my 7 year old son with a button on that says "Today is my birthday" and the guy behind us huffing and puffing because he wanted another soda...:sad2:

It only took me 2-3 min tops to ask how to use the plan and heaven forbid if this guy feels he is missing out on all the fun because he has to wait behind me.

But I kept a smile on my face cause I was at Disney with my family...we were just happy we made it there at all. :cloud9:

Gosh, you are so RIGHT!

I was standing at the counter, asking about the dining plan....with me I had my hubby in a wheel chair with no hair from his chemo :guilty: and my 7 year old son with a button on that says "Today is my birthday" and the guy behind us huffing and puffing because he wanted another soda...:sad2:

It only took me 2-3 min tops to ask how to use the plan and heaven forbid if this guy feels he is missing out on all the fun because he has to wait behind me.

But I kept a smile on my face cause I was at Disney with my family...we were just happy we made it there at all. :cloud9:

Allensfan:
Just wanted to say you have a great attitude! Hope your trip was magical!!! pixiedust:

It was the hardest and best trip ever. In fact I am embarressed to tell you that after I wrote my post I got teary just thinking about my little boy standing next to my husband, on his birthday, wondering why this man was so grumpy at his mom...when I was clearly going as fast as I could. I think the Disney magic is just lost on some people.

We are planning to go back next year....and I am happy to say...NO wheel chair will be needed on the next trip. Everyone, god willing, will be on their own foot power! :banana:

Thanks to this board, if not for you guys and your awesome advice and wisdom, my trip would have not been as wonderful.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter