DDP & Mamma Melrose, Limited Menu?

coachyo

DIS Veteran
My DW loves Italian and asked me to get us a ADR for Mamma Melrose with the Fantasmic Pkg. ( I did have 50's Prime Time without Fantasmic) When I made the ressie we could only get 4:10. :guilty: A little early for me, but oh well. She then asked if we were on any dining plan. That set off an alarm for me :sad2: Now I asked about the menu and she said we would pick off a Fantasmic Menu that is limited from their main menu. She also said desert was Tiramasu and that there weren't any other choices :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:
Why is that? Are we getting the limited menu because of Fantasmic :confused3 which wouldn't amke sense or is it because we are on the DDP? :confused3

Can anyone help here?

Thanks, YO

I had not heard this before, not sure why they are doing this. I guess I haven't run into it because we are not fans of Mama Melrose's.

I asked a question earlier about what was not covered in different restaurants on DDP, and MM was not mentioned.

we did this, I got Tiramasu and DH got cheesecake. there were several other options for desert.

for the appetizer, there were about 4 options, we got the pepperoni flatbread which was wonderful.

for the entree, I got the Eggplant Napoleon , which was probably the best entree I had the whole trip. Dh got some pasta dish which had sausage in it. He said it was good but it gave him terrible indigestion.

BTW, we just got back.

I've heard this both ways, but neither (I believe) has anything to do with the Dining Plan -- rather it is the Fantasmic Package that (inconsistently, perhaps) has the limited menu restriction.

EVERYONE has a limited menu if you are on the Fantasmic Package. It is really not that limited though. You get a salad and flatbread appetizer for your table to share, entree and dessert. The entree part might be a bit smaller than normal. If you search for posts on the topic there are reviews with more menu detail. :) Hope this helps!

It is the fantasmic package as this is a set price menu for everyone, regardless of how the meal is paid for.

We had dinner at Mama Melrose's last November. We were on the DDP and ordered off the regular menu. Our server was probably the best of the whole trip and encouraged us to get whatever we wanted from the menu.

We did the FDP at Mama's last August. I got a look at the regular menu vs. the package menu and they were pretty much the same. In fact, I think I ate more, since the FDP came with a flatbread for the table (we got four cheese), an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. The flatbread was awesome. There was plenty of food, and what I would have ordered off the "regular" munu was on the package menu.

The FDP was one set price for it all, vs having to pay for each individual item.

My two DDs love fantasmic, so we would go back to MM in a heartbeat.

The Fantasmic menu is limited. They only give you the FDP menu so you never see the other one but I had read it online and saw other people eating other things. We had an issue because both the flatbread and salad had gorgonzola cheese and this particular version was very salty and stinky. This is our only Disney restuarant we won;t go back to. The food was really really bad and we aren't at all picky. For comparison sake we thought the food at Chef Mickey's was better ;) We had a choice between tiramisu and cheesecake for dessert or you could have a scoop of ice cream. We had all 3 options at our table and everything but the ice cream tasted stale like it had been left out in the fridge for too long. Our portions for food were much smaller than those at tables around us who were ordering off the regular menu and ours did not taste cooked to order.

My other issue is that we were eating there for Fantasmic and we didn't like eating so so early and if it rains you can't cancel even if there isn't going to be Fantasmic. Just to big of a risk for us to do this one again with the awful food. We'll either do H and V (ok but much better than MM) FDP or just do Sci Fi for lunch and wing it for Fantasmic....

Yvonne

Yvonne

Does anyone know what entrees are offered for the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose?

I've asked this before but no one seems to know the answer!

Wow, this isn't sounding too good. :sad2:
I thought MM was supposed to be a great Italian Rest. It doesn't make sense to limit the portions and the menu vs others who aren't doing the package. :confused3

bicker are you saying that some CM's will give you a regular menu? :cool1:

SteinsLaFemme,
I too am wondering what the entrees are.

Anyone know?

:confused3

Thanks, YO

I'm saying I read a message from a poster who said they were allowed to order off the regular menu.

When I made my ADRs I was told with FDP the meal included one flatbread for the table, a salad served fmily style and tiramisu for dessert, but that you could chose any entree. We decided to go with the regular reservation, since the last FDP ressie was at 4:10 but dining from the regular menu we could go at 6:15. I was also looking forward to some of the other apps and desserts.

I hate tiramisu! Dessert is the most important part of every meal!
*sobs uncontrolably*
We're only going there because Libby wanted the tiramisu!!!
*sobs more*

bicker said:
I'm saying I read a message from a poster who said they were allowed to order off the regular menu.

Maybe they just thought it was the regular menu and didn't realize there are 2 separate menus? When you sign in they make sure you get the right menu. It does have Fantasmic somewhere on it as I remember.

Yvonne

Kath2003 said:
I hate tiramisu! Dessert is the most important part of every meal!
*sobs uncontrolably*
We're only going there because Libby wanted the tiramisu!!!
*sobs more*

They also had cheesecake (it wasn't a regular cheesecake but formed into a round serving that looked similar to the tiramisu) and ice cream on the FDP as of late January.

Yvonne

Maybe they just thought it was the regular menu
That seems like a likely scenario, yes. You're correct that we should not rely on what every poster posts, 100%.

Hi,

I just got back from DW and MM was one of my favourites! Although the menu is a special fantasmic menu there is quite a bit to choose from. In fact there was WAY more selection there then at the Coral Reef. (And frankly I enjoyed the food at MM more -- but it's hard to top the atmosphere at CR)

I had the Chicken Parmasangna and DFH had the salmon. We were given salad to start (served family style), bread with sundried tomato & garlic dipping sauce, 1 choice of flatbread for the two of us (we had the grilled chicken one), and a choice of dessert. I had a chocolate type dessert that was really good. Neither of us had the tirimisu -- you weren't limited to tirimisu.

It was too much food to finish, really tasty, and a HUGE advantage to have the fantasmic pass. My only tip: listen to the waiter when he or she recommends the time to go to fantasmic. Even the special seating area which required the pass had 5 rows of standing room only by the time fantasmic started. We went 45 mins early even though we had the pass. And we got to sit in a good place.

We ate there with the Fantasmic Package (not on the dining plan) back in December 2005 and were handed the special Fantasmic Package menu. It said right on it "Fantasmic Package Menu".

I didn't feel limited at all. I had the steak and DH had the Chicken Parm.

There were at least 5 desserts to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter