DDP credits - when do they expire?

Infamousmare

I didn't make it all the way through 3rd grade for
For the first time ever, I am driving to the MK with my kids. We'll talk about my mental health later. *LOL*

Because we don't have to rush off to the airport, we're looking forward to spending a bit more time in one of the parks before heading off into the sunset in the Death Star (our minivan). We're on the DDP and I'd ideally like to have lunch on our last day before leaving. Will my dining credits expire once we're checked out of our room?

Your dining credits are good until Midnight on check-out day. Enjoy your drive. That's how I go to WDW every visit. Sometimes I take the AutoTrain. My DD always loved that.

Your dining credits are good until Midnight on check-out day. Enjoy your drive. That's how I go to WDW every visit. Sometimes I take the AutoTrain. My DD always loved that.

Thanks for the info. ;) Now, for the next question - what is the AutoTrain?

I typically drive solo with the kids from Dallas - Indianapolis a few times a year, but this will be the first solo drive to Orlando. I think it will be fun, but my husband thinks I'm nuts. :)

Oh, Sorry. Saw NYC in your signature and didn't read you were in Dallas. My DH was OK about when I took my DD on solo trips. We lived in Miami, and DD and I went to Buffalo Ny once or twice a year. So I think for you it's very doable, with rest stops and safe driving. I hope you'll overnight somewhere.

The AutoTrain is an Amtrak service from Lorton, Va (just S of DC) to Orlando (Sanford, Fl) and back. It's an overnighter, with sleeper seats or rooms (extra $). Full service meals. It's a two-story train. Behind the passenger cars are 2-story train cars that hold cars, vans, small trucks, motorcycles. It saves 850 miles of driving and wear&tear, and you get to Orlando about the same time as if you drove along the eastern US to Fla. Kids always remember how fun it was to be on a train. Lots of snowbirds travel it for their winters in Florida. There's no other AutoTrain, unfortunately.

Here's some pics, if you're curious. http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/23421-auto-train-trip-report-pictures.html

Cool! I actually looked it up awhile ago and it looks pretty neat; however, we're nowhere near that. Better for us to do a 2-day drive from Dallas. :) We are originally from NYC but moved to TX 3 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter