DDP basic question!

Mad for the mouse

Earning My Ears
Hello!

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't seem to figure the whole Disney Dining Plan thing out!

This might be a ridiculously simple question, but how do I know if a meal is a quick service or table service meal? My main confusion is around lunch times, obviously a waiter meal would be table service, however what does a buffet count as? And does it make a difference if it's an evening or midday buffet?

This is my family's first Disney trip so I'm trying to figure out what I need to book as my 180 days is this weekend so replies will be gratefully received!

QS (quick service) are places you just walk up to and order, get a tray and seat yourself. TS (table service) are sit down restaurants where you get a menu and a server. You have to have an ADR (advanced dining reservation) for just about every TS restaurant and even though BOG is considered a QS for breakfast and lunch, you will still need an ADR for it. Buffets are TS. Doesn't matter if it's lunch or supper (with the exception of BOG) a QS is a QS and a TS is a TS. There are a few TS restaurants which are called signature, those will take 2 of your TS credits from the dining plan. They tend to be the expensive ones and I think there is a list on the literature you get when you buy the dining plan (I never get it so not sure about that).

The time of day does not make a difference with the exception of Be Our Guest. As Loves to Dive mentioned, the QS are the ones you order and get your food and sit down. Go to Disney's website and download the dining PDF and you can see which places are QS and which are TS. It is very helpful.

Thank you so much for your replies, I appreciate it and it's really helpful to be pointed in the right direction! I want to make the most of the dining plan without being 'stung' with a big bill a time the end!

Do keep in mind that you will need to tip on the menu value of your meal, however, so if DDP drives you to order expensive items to "get your money's worth," it will cost you more in gratuity.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Aurora, I hadn't considered that and it will make a difference considering there are 6 of us!

Last edited:

They still haven't added a lot of the restaurants to the 2017 PDF yet. (Especially the TS restaurants at Disney Springs). Check the Disney website and they should show which are TS/QS - Menus appear to be working again. Also - you can use the 2016 DDP info to see which restaurants will be available. This happens every year where they aren't all added until the last minute, but all the usual restaurants almost always appear on the updated list. It wont guarantee that they will be on there but you can safely assume that they probably will)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter