DDP and paying out of pocket

ibrokeitmommy

Mouseketeer
I'm in trouble. I have too many reservations and don't want to drop any of them! So I am looking for opinions. I have 9 TS credits and 11 TS ADRs.

1. What would you pay out of pocket? 2. Do you think I should drop some since we also have the 1 QS meal each day...is it too much food? Is it silly to pay this much oop and be on the dining plan? I feel like I'm defeating the purpose.

We are a family of 4, 2 girls 5 & 9. I'd say we are average eaters. I really need protein in the morning so I'm not sure yet how this will all work. I don't want to use all QS on eggs. We are staying in a mod. so no kitchen.

1. Sat - arrival dinner at TRex

2. Sun - Sci-Fi @ 1pm

3. Mon - Akershus 8am & Chefs @ 4:30pm

4. Tues - no ADRs, we were supposed to do BOG for lunch but now I don't know

5. Wed - 4:30pm 1300 Park

6. Thurs - 8:00am Tusker House

7. Fri - 8:30 pm HDDR

8. Sat - 10:00am Kona & 8:50pm BOG ( this is my birthday and I really wanted Ohana and can not get in before 9:30pm. I thought BOG was a lost cause. I just got this ADR)

9. Sun - 12:45pm Via Napoli - although its Mothers Day, my husband really wants to try this or I'd prob cancel

I'm thinking of paying Kona and Via Napoli or SciFi OOP. We could share a pizza and appetizer. I do not see how it would be better to pay HDDR instead unless I'm missing something. I keep reading to pay HDDR and use credits elsewhere:scared:...thoughts? TIA

I'm in trouble. I have too many reservations and don't want to drop any of them! So I am looking for opinions. I have 9 TS credits and 11 TS ADRs.

1. What would you pay out of pocket? 2. Do you think I should drop some since we also have the 1 QS meal each day...is it too much food? Is it silly to pay this much oop and be on the dining plan? I feel like I'm defeating the purpose.

We are a family of 4, 2 girls 5 & 9. I'd say we are average eaters. I really need protein in the morning so I'm not sure yet how this will all work. I don't want to use all QS on eggs. We are staying in a mod. so no kitchen.

1. Sat - arrival dinner at TRex

2. Sun - Sci-Fi @ 1pm

3. Mon - Akershus 8am & Chefs @ 4:30pm

4. Tues - no ADRs, we were supposed to do BOG for lunch but now I don't know

5. Wed - 4:30pm 1300 Park

6. Thurs - 8:00am Tusker House

7. Fri - 8:30 pm HDDR

8. Sat - 10:00am Kona & 8:50pm BOG ( this is my birthday and I really wanted Ohana and can not get in before 9:30pm. I thought BOG was a lost cause. I just got this ADR)

9. Sun - 12:45pm Via Napoli - although its Mothers Day, my husband really wants to try this or I'd prob cancel

I'm thinking of paying Kona and Via Napoli or SciFi OOP. We could share a pizza and appetizer. I do not see how it would be better to pay HDDR instead unless I'm missing something. I keep reading to pay HDDR and use credits elsewhere:scared:...thoughts? TIA

Kona Cafe will defnitely be the cheapest in all likelihood. I think you're right on about Via or Sci-Fi being good choices OOP depending on what you order. Have you looked at the menus to figure out what option would be the most cost effective? I don't think it's too many reservations.

Agreed. Kona and Via Napoli. SOMEtimes paying the 2TS places is better OOP than on DDP, but in your case, I think not.

Thank you! I think sometimes I just need confirmation. I am quite certain at Sci-fi we will be ordering sandwich/burgers and milkshakes and at via Napoli we will just get one pizza and salad. I'll run numbers and make sure it's our best option.

Thanks again!

I would pay for Kona OOP rather than Sci-Fi. If you end up cancelling ADRs for some reason then you still have that one you can pay for using dining credits rather than having them go to waste. Kona's breakfast so it doesn't come with dessert on the dining plan while at Sci-Fi they have milkshakes for the drinks and some nice desserts, all of which come with the dining plan. Kona will probably be cheaper.

Not to throw a wrench in the works, and I may be wrong here, but isn't HDDR 2 dining credits? Was that factored in?

Sci-Fi and Kona are very affordable....If HDDR is 2 credits, add Via Napoli to the OOP choices, I would suppose! Sounds like a yummy trip! Have a great birthday!::yes::

It looks like OP counted HDDR as 2 credits.

1 - TRex
1 - Sci-Fi
1 - Akershus
1 - Chefs
1 - 1900 Park
1 - Tusker House
2 - HDDR
1 - Kona
1 - BOG
1 - Via Napoli
==

OMG! I did the same thing-- getting 8TS and have 10 reservations booked! Our reservations look similar too. I just got done adding up what we might get at each place and found that if we get burgers at sci-fi, it would be better to pay OOP there. I also think that I will need to have a Kona breakfast and will pay OOP there.
Although all these places do seem pretty wonderful (this will be our first visit), it probably is financially smarter just to use CS and not pay TS OOP. Decisions, decisions.
Good luck with your decision and ENJOY your dining!:)

As others have said, I would definate pay OOP for Kona breakfast. It's almost impossible to make that economically worth the credit (most breakfasts are that way, except perhaps some of the character buffets).

For your other OOP, I think it depends on what you order at the various places. For me, I would probably use credits at VN because they have a very yummy dessert sundae (Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni) and good pizzas. I would probably pay OOP for Sci Fi (because most of their entrees are inexpensive).

One thing to keep in mind is that not everyone has to use credits or pay OOP at any given restaurant. Let's say at T-Rex you only want an entree and no dessert, but everyone else in your group wants a dessert with their entree. Pay OOP for your meal and use DDP credits for the others. My family does this and it helps stretch out our TS credits. The only caveat is Via Napoli, they are the least flexible. They don't allow sharing (meaning you can't use one credit to order an individual pizza and try to feed two people). I think you could use a DDP credit for one person and pay OOP for the other (as long as the other person ordered their own entree).

figment_jii said:
As others have said, I would definate pay OOP for Kona breakfast. It's almost impossible to make that economically worth the credit (most breakfasts are that way, except perhaps some of the character buffets).

For your other OOP, I think it depends on what you order at the various places. For me, I would probably use credits at VN because they have a very yummy dessert sundae (Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni) and good pizzas. I would probably pay OOP for Sci Fi (because most of their entrees are inexpensive).

One thing to keep in mind is that not everyone has to use credits or pay OOP at any given restaurant. Let's say at T-Rex you only want an entree and no dessert, but everyone else in your group wants a dessert with their entree. Pay OOP for your meal and use DDP credits for the others. My family does this and it helps stretch out our TS credits. The only caveat is Via Napoli, they are the least flexible. They don't allow sharing (meaning you can't use one credit to order an individual pizza and try to feed two people). I think you could use a DDP credit for one person and pay OOP for the other (as long as the other person ordered their own entree).

Great idea! I'm thinking of scI-fi being our second oop meal. I know we will all have burgers and shakes so it makes the most sense. I really want dessert at via Napoli so I think that's settled!

Really if I went back to dinner at Akershus this would be easier BUT we ate there last time and I did not enjoy the food. We are doing it for princesses so I figured at least we would all eat breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter