Dde

toyotaae86lg

Disney Magic is AMAZING!!!
I'm trying to save money everywhere for my honeymoon in Nov. I came across the DisneyDining Experience in my passporter. The year membership is $75. I wanted to hear if this card is worth it. We will be eating probably 4 or 5 times in disney at the upper restaurants: les chefs de france, flying fish, calfornia grill, etc. We will also be eating off site too. So i'm not sure if this is a smart way to go. let me know.

Are you a FL resident or Annual Pass holder? The DDE is only available to people in those two categories.

It's $50 for AP holders.

Then it would only cost you $50. It is good at several restaurants, it is 20 % off at those restautants and includes alcohol. You could check out www.allearsnet.com for a listing of participating places. Determining if it is worth it depends on how much off site eating you plan on doing. I think if you plan on eating at high end places on site, it would pay for its self very quickly.

You get a 20% discount on food and alcohol, so for a $50 cost, you will have to spend $250 to "break even" on the DDE. That's $65 - $50 per meal. I think you'll save money, but I'm not sure how much. It all depends if you order appitzers, desserts and alcohol.

We (me and DD) used the DDE card a couple of weeks ago. It has already paid for itself and we didn't even go to any high end places.

If you are driving, you get free valet parking (don't forget to tip the valet). That was a tremendous savings alone.

Pooh Girl 71 said:
If you are driving, you get free valet parking (don't forget to tip the valet). That was a tremendous savings alone.
Really?? Free valet parking. That rocks! We're going to pick up a DDE card for our August trip. I'm itching to make PS's but it way too early. ** sigh **

Yes, robin...free valet! The thing is, you have to be dining at the resort. I do not know how they know...if you show a receipt or they check the computer for a PS or what. We got free valet service at AKL when we stayed there. We had a PS for both days so when we checked in I told them as they took the car away I had the DDE card. They noticed that I was checking in so they said, "Oh, that is only if you are dining at the resort." I had a PS for that night at Jiko and another PS the next night at Boma. I told them that and they said ok, and I was not charged for valet during my entire stay. Don't know if that is standard practice or if they just weren't sure how to handle a resort guest also dining on property!

wildernesslodgelover said:
Yes, robin...free valet! The thing is, you have to be dining at the resort.
That's OK. The only time we drive to another resort is to eat. AKL is one of those places I don't like parking (add the Poly, CR and the GF to the list). I already get free valet at any DVC resort by just showing my DVC card.

Would it not cost them $75 being a Fl resident? I believe it is only $50 if you are an AP holder regarless of residency (ie also Fl)

robinb said:
Really?? Free valet parking. That rocks! We're going to pick up a DDE card for our August trip. I'm itching to make PS's but it way too early. ** sigh **

Yep, totally free. I didn't tell the valet that we were using DDE when we arrived. I showed them my card (well email actually) when I went to pick up the car. They didn't ask for a receipt or anything though I did have one in case they needed it. We used valet at AKL, Polynesian, Boardwalk and Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter