• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE question

MeghanNRileysMom

Mouseketeer
Dad has an AP, Mom just decided to come to WDW with us, Dad will order the DDE and get a spouse card for my mom. Will she be allowed to use it if he's not dining with us as well? Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance!

MeghanNRileysMom said:
Dad has an AP, Mom just decided to come to WDW with us, Dad will order the DDE and get a spouse card for my mom. Will she be allowed to use it if he's not dining with us as well? Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance!

As long as she has the spuse card with her name on it, she should be all set.

I didn't know a spouse card was an option. Do they charge extra for this?

Thanks!

Liz said:
I didn't know a spouse card was an option. Do they charge extra for this?

Thanks!

No. :sunny:

I am not sure about the "any adult at the same address". My understanding is one primary card and one spouse card can be issued to those 21 and over at the same address.
I suppose it depends on who takes the info. And we all know how lax the rules were in January in the DDE office.

I renewed ours today, via form/fax. (Ours expire the end of April.)
One question asked I thought interesting was if I received renewal information. (No)
Also I did not see where it mentioned a second (spouse) card. I made sure to write in that I wanted a spouse card again.

You can get a second card and it can be for your spouse, partner, or significant other. That's how the program has always worked for Florida residents so I'm sure it's the same DDE for AP holders. Just wait guys, you will love it. We've had ours for about 7 years now and I can't even begun to tell you how much it has saved us.

I actually got my mom the second card (same address). They asked for her name and date of birth.

My friend called a few weeks ago and they told her the policy has now changed and the second card must be in the name of the spouse, same address. No spouse, no card. She tried to get one for her and the other for her sister, same address, second adult. They told her no. She said she knew people who "shared" the card, and was told the policy had JUST changed and they are now enforcing the "spouse" only policy. dang-it.

As long as he has the spouse card with her name..yes, she can use it without him. Tell her to make sure she has identification with her.

I just phoned and ordered the DDE card and wanted one for my daughter who still lives at home. She told me the rules had changed and I could only get one for my spouse she wouldn't budge on this no matter how hard I tried.

I must say that I'm very surprised at the changes. Now I can understand them wanting spouses, but Disney is one the friendliest to "alternative lifestyles" and I'm just shocked that they would not allow your partner to get a card. I can understand not giving one to someone's sister,brother, mom or friend that lives in the same house, but partner or significant other should really be included.

cjsmith said:
I must say that I'm very surprised at the changes. Now I can understand them wanting spouses, but Disney is one the friendliest to "alternative lifestyles" and I'm just shocked that they would not allow your partner to get a card. I can understand not giving one to someone's sister,brother, mom or friend that lives in the same house, but partner or significant other should really be included.

I called just yesterday and was told that "domestic partner" WAS included and we would not be excluded. We've not ordered our APs yet, but this is all a factor and I agree I didn't think Disney would exclude us and the CM confirmed and used the exact term, "domestic partner". This was yesterday.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

Thanks for posting that information, Tiger Fan. I'm happy to hear that Disney is allowing domestic partners to get a second card.

As I was reading through the posts, I was wondering how Disney would handle those situations. I thought it was going to be an interesting conversation when I asked for a card for my spouse and then gave another man's name for that card.

Now... if my darn AP voucher would just arrive so I can order the DDE card I'll be really happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter