DDE Dining and the Mouse - Day 4: 10/31

MadToad

Mouseketeer
We are late risers, but today we're up at the crack of 7:30am for our Keys to the Kingdome Tour. The same guy who came up with the "no cheese sauce" idea at Cosmic Ray's probably also thought I might enjoy a cackling Stitch in my ear at this ridiculous hour... :sad2:

Tues 10/31:
Breakfast leftovers - We ate the left-over crumb loaf before grabbing a taxi to the Magic Kingdom. We had 3 slices left (it's a good sized crumb cake) along with tea that we had previously bought in the Twinning's store at EPCOT. Somehow tea tastes better from that store. Go figure.

Lunch at the Columbia Harbour House - Courtesy of our tour guide Rea on the Keys tour. I hadn't eaten here since I was a kid, and I thought it was pretty good. I had the chicken strips (chickens don't have fingers you know), and DW had the tuna sandwich which she proclaimed "pretty good!". As all the guide books point out, the upstairs is huge, well concealed, and air conditioned which must make this place a goldmine in the Summer heat.

Dinner at Narcoossee's - This was our first not-so-great meal. For whatever reason, the menu didn't appeal to us. I did check the menu before I booked, but I'm guessing our moods changed between May and October. Instead of picking what we liked, we chose by process of elimination. IE - I don't like these 5 things, so the only one left is X. My X was the Tanglewood Chicken and DW's was the Red Pepper and Mushroom Risotto. Both were tasty, and I can't complain about the quality of the food. But the service was a bit off for a restaurant of this caliber and the wine list, while extensive, appeared to be a bit more marked up than usual. They did have Silverado by the glass, but I just wasn't in the mood to pay $16.50 for a glass of a $25 bottle of wine. My advice is to look at the menu and make sure there are 2 or 3 things that'll strike your fancy. DDE savings was appx $12.

For dessert we had tickets to the Halloween Party, where Goofy supplied us with an abundance of candy. I somehow managed to get raisins at one point, causing me to exclaim loud enough for all to hear "I got a rock!". Didn't the "raisin house" get egged every year? :confused3

Overall, we give the left-over crumb cake an A, Columbia Harbour House a B, and Narcoossee's a B-

Next up are Big River and Le Cellier.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter