DDCC 3 - Marathon Weekend 2015 - Resort Loop Bar Crawl

AJRitz

DIS DAD #420
Hey guys! First time in a while that I've posted a new thread over here. But I wanted to give folks a heads up. If I'm remembering correctly, the idea of doing some sort of DDCC Bar Crawl came up as far back as last year's DDCC, during the same walk around World Showcase that spawned the Face-Painting Nemesis Challenge. Finally, with some gentle nudging yesterday, the plans for the first Dis Dads Club Convention Monorail Loop Bar Crawl came together. :drinking1

The Basics
Date: Friday, January 9
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Place: Meet at the bar at The Wave, at the Contemporary Resort

Details
The plan is, of course, to follow the monorail loop, visit bars, and enjoy beverages (particularly ones that are uniquely available at those locations). After The Wave, we'll move on to Tambu Lounge at the Poly; Mizner's Lounge at the Grand Floridian; and end up at Top of the World Lounge at The Contemporary. Looks like we'll have plenty of DVC members with us to assist us with access to Top of the World.

We'll come up with a list of unique beers and drinks to try at the various locations (though you're certainly free to order what you like). The plan is to do some remote audio recording of folks who are drinking along with our list, and I'll edit that together for a podcast to be released after I get back home.

If you'd like to let us know that you're coming, so that we can watch for you, please RSVP to the DISDads Podcast Event on Facebook. If you can only stop by for part of the Crawl, that's fine - feel free to come and go as you need. I'm sure I'll be tweeting (@DISDadsPodcast) and Facebooking our locations as we go. Hope to see lots of you there!

*****DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. ONE OF THE REASONS FOR CHOOSING TO START AS EARLY AS WE ARE IS SO THAT THERE'S A DECENT CHANCE THE MONORAIL WILL STILL BE RUNNING WHEN WE'RE DONE. IF NOT, THERE ARE ALWAYS CABS AVAILABLE. PLEASE BEHAVE RESPONSIBLY.*****

Hey guys! First time in a while that I've posted a new thread over here. But I wanted to give folks a heads up. If I'm remembering correctly, the idea of doing some sort of DDCC Bar Crawl came up as far back as last year's DDCC, during the same walk around World Showcase that spawned the Face-Painting Nemesis Challenge. Finally, with some gentle nudging yesterday, the plans for the first Dis Dads Club Convention Monorail Loop Bar Crawl came together. :drinking1

The Basics
Date: Friday, January 9
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Place: Meet at the bar at The Wave, at the Contemporary Resort

Details
The plan is, of course, to follow the monorail loop, visit bars, and enjoy beverages (particularly ones that are uniquely available at those locations). After The Wave, we'll move on to Tambu Lounge at the Poly; Mizner's Lounge at the Grand Floridian; and end up at Top of the World Lounge at The Contemporary. Looks like we'll have plenty of DVC members with us to assist us with access to Top of the World.

We'll come up with a list of unique beers and drinks to try at the various locations (though you're certainly free to order what you like). The plan is to do some remote audio recording of folks who are drinking along with our list, and I'll edit that together for a podcast to be released after I get back home.

If you'd like to let us know that you're coming, so that we can watch for you, please RSVP to the DISDads Podcast Event on Facebook. If you can only stop by for part of the Crawl, that's fine - feel free to come and go as you need. I'm sure I'll be tweeting (@DISDadsPodcast) and Facebooking our locations as we go. Hope to see lots of you there!

*****DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. ONE OF THE REASONS FOR CHOOSING TO START AS EARLY AS WE ARE IS SO THAT THERE'S A DECENT CHANCE THE MONORAIL WILL STILL BE RUNNING WHEN WE'RE DONE. IF NOT, THERE ARE ALWAYS CABS AVAILABLE. PLEASE BEHAVE RESPONSIBLY.*****

I'm in, Jodi might bail so I can have me some DISDad time without her. We'll see...

When is the dinner that Scott arranged at Via Napoli? I may be able to meet up at a stop or two.

Thanks Scott. Have to play the monorail crawl by ear as of now, but I can't resist an excuse to stop at the Tambu Lounge. I am assuming they are on the list of stops.

Thanks Scott. Have to play the monorail crawl by ear as of now, but I can't resist an excuse to stop at the Tambu Lounge. I am assuming they are on the list of stops.

And CJ is old and "loses" his credit card all the time. Sounds like a great way to make him pay for the beverages.:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Wish I could make it guys. Have a blast. There is a really slight chance of a last minute crashing of the party, but unlikely.

And CJ is old and "loses" his credit card all the time. Sounds like a great way to make him pay for the beverages.:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Wish I could make it guys. Have a blast. There is a really slight chance of a last minute crashing of the party, but unlikely.

Man up you wimp and bring that other beantown guy with you. I got the first round.

Man up you wimp and bring that other beantown guy with you. I got the first round.

If it were only that easy. We have a basketball event on the 10th at TD Garden with DW and the hoop teams. It's a pretty big deal for everyone. I am trying to see if I need to be there. Everyone is on vacation and not responding. Still unlikely, but working diligently to up the %.

I'm married with young children. I am only allowed to man up when given permission.:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter