DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Kid came by, dropped off the dog and then went over to the twin's house next door for dinner. So much for shopping together for the feast. She did get a refund check from UM that she thought was going to be $45 ended up substantially higher than her estimate. Nice Christmas present.

Do your research on cruise jobs. I've heard they pay you diddly and work you some insane hours with very little down time. I've looked into it a bit myself.
That's why I'm considering Disney. Disney perks are well, just DISNEY!

Next door neighbor has friends that work in the industry in sales and tells the same story. Not going to do that. Some are more employee friendly than others. Disney does sail out of here so that may be worth looking into. If I was in or near Orlando, I would be at Disney casting right now.

Wow.....that sounds.......inedible.

This is not my mother's green bean casserole made with cream of mushroom soup. Saw it done on one of the cooking shows and decided to try it. Still might make Norms bacon wrapped though if it doesn't work out. She can just have them steamed.

Its a bit tougher with 2 kids and unpredictable weather.

I remember those days. Only one kid and no weather change issues between Orlando and here, but it was way more complicated.

::yes:: And you can stop by the bourbon bar afterwards.

You know that is a given.

"My old man............ he worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium... a master"

"He had yellow eyes! So help me God yellow eyes!"

"Randy lay there like a slug. It was his only defense."

Love that movie.

"My old man............ he worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium... a master"

F...R...A...G...I...L...E...must be Italian.

Bumpuses.

I triple dog dare you.

You look like a pink nightmare.

This is not my mother's green bean casserole made with cream of mushroom soup. Saw it done on one of the cooking shows and decided to try it. Still might make Norms bacon wrapped though if it doesn't work out. She can just have them steamed.

Don't you mean your refund check? :lmao:

Green beans are good, but such a pain to roll. I've been cutting the bacon in half and rolling it with three beans. Makes for crispier bacon, but lots of rolling.

I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and I am pretty sure at least one rib is broken. How do I know? While trying to sleep, I turned (skip if you are squeamish)...

there was a creak in my ribcage. A few years ago I broke about 3 of them on the other side and it was the same noise and feeling. Back then, I got X-rays, saw a doctor and they said, "Yea, we are pretty sure you broke a few ribs. Nothing we can do, just suck it up." I can deal with it but it may constrain the attractions I want to ride in 2 weeks. No R&R, No Space...

Thank you for indulging my medical update, now I'm going to try to sleep again.

I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and I am pretty sure at least one rib is broken. How do I know? While trying to sleep, I turned (skip if you are squeamish)...

there was a creak in my ribcage. A few years ago I broke about 3 of them on the other side and it was the same noise and feeling. Back then, I got X-rays, saw a doctor and they said, "Yea, we are pretty sure you broke a few ribs. Nothing we can do, just suck it up." I can deal with it but it may constrain the attractions I want to ride in 2 weeks. No R&R, No Space...

Ah man, that sucks. Hope you are ok. At least that’s more time in the Tambu or the Dawa.

Just got through the Chunnel. Look after yourself fella

Ah man, that sucks. Hope you are ok. At least that’s more time in the Tambu or the Dawa.

Just got through the Chunnel. Look after yourself fella

Have fun at DLP. I'll be fine, just have problems sleeping. And I am sure I will take advantage of the pit stops you suggested along with a few others.

CJ...I'm not a doctor either and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I have the nickname...

If you wrap your torso real good with ace bandages (or I have a wrap that's wide like a weigh lifters belt for when my back acts up), that would be more than enough support (especially 2 weeks from now).

Only 10.99 on amazon...
https://smile.amazon.com/Perfotek-B...861188&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=waist+belt&psc=1

Final (partial) day of the year for work.

Yesterday - FPs.
Today - Last day
Live is GOOD!

"Miss Haynes, if you're ever under a falling building and somebody runs up and offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye."

"Miss Haynes, if you're ever under a falling building and somebody runs up and offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye."
“My dear partner, when what’s left of you gets around to what’s left to be gotten, what’s left to be gotten won’t be worth getting, whatever it is you’ve got left.”

'Morning all...
Trying to stay positive, here....

I heard Diddy wants to buy them?
You heard correctly, but I've got's me doubts as to whether the other owners would allow it.

I need to bust that one out and watch it.
Tonight might be a good time for that.

::yes::
Good point!

Sorry you were up that early.
May you heal up as quickly as posible.

“My dear partner, when what’s left of you gets around to what’s left to be gotten, what’s left to be gotten won’t be worth getting, whatever it is you’ve got left.”
Saw that one the other day.
It has its good moments, to be sure.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Last work day for the year and should be fairly calm. Picked up a bottle of Makers private barrel from my liquor store yesterday, good stuff more oak flavor than the regular. Gonna hit the mall tomorrow with DS to grab a few small things to wrap up the gift spending - more of a tradition for me and the boy to just head out to the mall for the heck of it. Then just Holiday enjoyment and relaxation. Gonna miss DD a bunch but what are ya gonna do.

As we all seem to be winding down with the day-to-day and getting in full Christmas mode, I would like to wish you and your families and wonderful Christmas and New Years and may 2018 bring everyone good health, happiness, trips to DaWorld, dole whips, bacon and bourbon. Cheers guys, Merry Christmas and all the best!
IMG_3310.jpg

Kid came by, dropped off the dog and then went over to the twin's house next door for dinner. So much for shopping together for the feast. She did get a refund check from UM that she thought was going to be $45 ended up substantially higher than her estimate. Nice Christmas present.
Sorry about the kid ditching ya but good deal on YOUR refund.

Doc could at least give ya some pain meds so you could sleep better?
"He had yellow eyes! So help me God yellow eyes!"

"Randy lay there like a slug. It was his only defense."
"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine?!? A crummy commercial?!? Son of a beach!!!"
"Get the glue"

"We're out of glue"

"You used up all the glue... on PURPOSE!"
"How do you do" ........ "Mutual I'm sure"

"I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that’s forty-five minutes, and I’d at least have time to go out and get a massage or something."

Morning all.
Been enjoying all the chatter, but won't quote it all.
Especially enjoyed all the Christmas Story quotes.

*What* did you say? "

"Uh, um... "

"That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car. Go on! "

About 3 years ago, I stopped by the actual house, in Cleveland.

P1020431_zps804dd58e.jpg

While the house was used for all the exterior shots,
the interior shots were done on a soundstage (as the real interior was too small. Think lights, cameras, crew...)
Just to the left of the house, in the shot above, you can see the actual shed that the "bad guys" crawled over (it's been refurbished, however)
Across the street is a museum with costumes and props from the movie and a gift shop.
Worth a stop.

Howdy All.

winter-solstice-memes-5.jpg

Suck it up buttercup...ride those rides!

Hope you are feeling better by the time you get there.

Well guys, I'm now officially unemployed and probably the happiest I've been in a long while.

I'm calling it...I'm done for the year and beginning next year, I'll decide whether I'll take another thankless IT job or if I'll do the bus driver at Disney thing.

I can't think of any clever quips about the last one gets except...
Last one gets the evil queen and you know she has magic mirrors EVERYWHERE!
(okay, jury's still out on if that's at all clever)

CJ, if you land something with the cruise industry, let me know, I can always try port Canaveral...lot of cruises there and including Disney! In the mean time, I'm just enjoying (already) not working and spending time with the family.

The kid spent the night here last night so we went out to breakfast this morning. Good meal, nice time.

Green beans are good, but such a pain to roll. I've been cutting the bacon in half and rolling it with three beans. Makes for crispier bacon, but lots of rolling.

We decided she needed to do some stuff to her car and that is where the money is going.

Thinking about it, I may also try the bacon wrap. Thanks for the prep info.

CJ...I'm not a doctor either and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I have the nickname...

If you wrap your torso real good with ace bandages (or I have a wrap that's wide like a weigh lifters belt for when my back acts up), that would be more than enough support (especially 2 weeks from now).

Thanks for the tip, will try it out. Now that you mention it, how did you come about your moniker?

Yesterday - FPs.
Today - Last day
Live is GOOD!

All reasons to celebrate.

Sorry you were up that early.
May you heal up as quickly as posible.

Thanks. Did sleep a little this morning until the the starving child woke me up to go to breakfast. Crashed after the meal so I got a few hours in.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Last work day for the year and should be fairly calm. Picked up a bottle of Makers private barrel from my liquor store yesterday, good stuff more oak flavor than the regular. Gonna hit the mall tomorrow with DS to grab a few small things to wrap up the gift spending - more of a tradition for me and the boy to just head out to the mall for the heck of it. Then just Holiday enjoyment and relaxation. Gonna miss DD a bunch but what are ya gonna do.

As we all seem to be winding down with the day-to-day and getting in full Christmas mode, I would like to wish you and your families and wonderful Christmas and New Years and may 2018 bring everyone good health, happiness, trips to DaWorld, dole whips, bacon and bourbon. Cheers guys, Merry Christmas and all the best!

Welcome to the club and I like the Makers purchase. Great holiday tradition with you and DS, I used to do that with DD when she was younger but now you couldn't pay me enough to go near a mall this time of year.

Same to you and your family. Tough to not have your daughter there, it is too bad we can't temporally transport them to about 5 or 6 for the holidays. And I do mean temporarily, I don't want to go though all that again.

Learned long ago that my money always belongs to someone else. Government, wife, kid...

Doc could at least give ya some pain meds so you could sleep better?

Don't really take pain meds and the pain is not outrageous but it is a good idea. May have to stop at Mike's house or meet Norm at the Bourbon bar.

"I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that’s forty-five minutes, and I’d at least have time to go out and get a massage or something."

Saw that movie 2 nights ago. Great movie.

That is cool. I heard per capita, Cleveland bought the most Fra-gil-eee lamps than any other place in the country.

Suck it up buttercup...ride those rides!

Yes sir coach. Let me just rub some dirt on it and put me back in the game.

Thanks for the tip, will try it out. Now that you mention it, how did you come about your moniker?
Combination of my last name (Doc Holliday -- Doc Soliday) and when I was stationed at Homestead AFB, I was playing softball a LOT. Always banging myself up and carried a first aid bag in my bat bag for me and teammates.

All reasons to celebrate.
One of the guys at work today seemed to think I thought it was a bad day...so ironic...oh contrair mon frer (sorry, don't know French, so don't know the correct spelling)...it was a good day especially when 2pm came around.

Happy Thursday. Survived 2 Christmas today at my parents and then my aunt. Back home with a couple days to recover before double outlaws Sunday & Monday, because ruining just one day isn't enough.

Or, if you drink enough alcohol, you won't feel any pain. Happy to help. ::yes::

Yesterday - FPs.
Today - Last day
Live is GOOD!

And the FPs were? Each park please.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Last work day for the year and should be fairly calm. Picked up a bottle of Makers private barrel from my liquor store yesterday, good stuff more oak flavor than the regular. Gonna hit the mall tomorrow with DS to grab a few small things to wrap up the gift spending - more of a tradition for me and the boy to just head out to the mall for the heck of it. Then just Holiday enjoyment and relaxation. Gonna miss DD a bunch but what are ya gonna do

Doc could at least give ya some pain meds."

Makers sounds great. Going to the mall sounds like torture. Time to start a new tradition - get drunk at a nearby sports bar.

Morning all.
Been enjoying all the chatter, but won't quote it all.
Especially enjoyed all the Christmas Story quotes.

*What* did you say? "

"Uh, um... "

"That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car. Go on! "

P1020431_zps804dd58e.jpg

While the house was used for all the exterior shots,
the interior shots were done on a soundstage (as the real interior was too small. Think lights, cameras, crew...)
Just to the left of the house, in the shot above, you can see the actual shed that the "bad guys" crawled over (it's been refurbished, however)
Across the street is a museum with costumes and props from the movie and a gift shop.
Worth a stop.

That's interesting. I didn't know they had the house and gift shop there.

Well guys, I'm now officially unemployed and probably the happiest I've been in a long while.

I'm calling it...I'm done for the year and beginning next year, I'll decide whether I'll take another thankless IT job or if I'll do the bus driver at Disney thing.

I can't think of any clever quips about the last one gets except...
Last one gets the evil queen and you know she has magic mirrors EVERYWHERE!
(okay, jury's still out on if that's at all clever)

Congratulations on the last day. Good luck on the next phase. As for those magic mirrors, i hear they make things larger than they actually are. Bring on the evil queen, her mirrors, and my rhinestone thong, because it will make my ..... rhinestone look really big. :scared1: :lmao:

And the FPs were? Each park please.
Well, those may or may not be part of my contest in my PTR/TR (they are), so I'll PM you if you want.

Congratulations on the last day. Good luck on the next phase. As for those magic mirrors, i hear they make things larger than they actually are. Bring on the evil queen, her mirrors, and my rhinestone thong, because it will make my ..... rhinestone look really big. :scared1: :lmao:

I've done a pretty good job of saving and investing over the years, so I'm giving serious thought to selling the house and other things of value and retiring or semi-retiring to central FL (most of my family is there). Getting a bus driver or some other not-so-difficult/not-so-high-paying job at Disney just to keep from tapping the nest egg too much and to get Disney perks. If I get a FL resident AP, then I can indulge my Disney love more often and just backpack food in to conserve finances.

I would say some of those mirrors make things seem smaller, but in your case, I'm not sure that's possible. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter