DD wants to marry at Disney

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
:bride: Have you ever priced these things. For kicks we were checking it out. Beautiful- but HOLY COW. Glad she is only 15 so I have lots of time to save.:scratchin

I also wanted to marry at Disney... until I saw the prices...

Instead I have decided that I want my honeymoon at WDW and on DCL (I plan to marry rich, so it'll all work out!)

My future husband of course has no choice but to like Disney, and we will be wearing those fun bride and groom mickey hats.

My absolute dream would be for my future husband to propose at Disney (somewhat Family matter style if anyone remembers that episode)

As I am still very single and have no plan on marrying anytime soon, this won't be for a while. But hey, isn't that what Disney dreams are for!!!

Hey there university girl...Can I come to the wedding...I'll take the pictures.:sunny:

Richard could be your FLOWER GIRL...:eek:

Does your Mom know of the plans...You better find a DISNEY boyfriend soon...Miss you way tooooo much...Sam:wave2:

I do remember that family matters episode. My DD said she wanted something like that but I seen the price tag of $40,000 and said think again. Maybe you will meet your future DH at Disney, therefore you know he already has a love for it.

It is definately doable!
We are getting married at the Swan-they do wedding there and they are MUCH less than Fairy Tale Weddings (FTW)and they have the same disney magic!!
Even FTW are doable-you just have to do your research- I belong to a disney wedding message board and there are plenty of gals having huge blow out weddings and not spending 40,000!!
My wedding and vacation will cost the same as if we would have went all out at home :)
Grover in Winnipeg

...Can I come to the wedding...I'll take the pictures.:sunny:

Ans: Yes you can come---bring camera!

Richard could be your FLOWER GIRL...:eek:

Ans: NO!! and we will not go any further with that one!!

Does your Mom know of the plans...

Ans: Yes she does, who do you think keeps suggesting the RICH boyfriend!!:rolleyes:

Miss you guys lots and lots....::yes::

Wenabre ( DM :love2: of Katdb)

hey hockey mom....don't forget to send us an invitation...we'll even pay our way...we just need an excuse to go:D

Canadave your on.

Grover- good to know it can be done for less. We will also be down in October- I hope you have a fantastic day!

Hey Sherry....

If you give me a ticket to WDW, I can officiate your DD's wedding, only problem I can only do it in Ontario ( wouldn't be able to do it at WDW....well legally anyways):teeth:

Well, I can help with the music! My 3 DDs sing (and so does #2DS---but he's a teen :rolleyes: ) and 1DD could play the piano, 1DD the cello, and 1DD the viola (and again, DS's both played the violin...but...it's been a long time :p ) Oh, and so that I can help....I hum :sunny:

Sounds like we have enough talent on these boards to pull it off for the price of airfare and rooms. Can anyone cook? LOL

DS is gearing up for Culinary School!! Of course mom will have to go to supervise, right?!?!?

Of course Mom will have to go.

Looks like we are all set-just need to find DD a rich beau.:smooth:

Oooh, Oooh, I can be useful too!!! I play the flute, and of course every wedding NEEDS flute music, right?!?!?!

I'm with you hockey mom, I need to find a rich beau (for myself) just to afford my Disney Cravings :crazy:

I wonder if Roy Disney has any single relatives my age..... hmmm...

Katdb

Katdb- that would be good to find a relative-then you could spend your honeymoon in that apartment that is supposed to be in the castle.:hyper:

Sample costs from 2001 price list.
It seems very doable especially in years when the CAD is doing better against the greenback.

Examples:

1. Deluxe Intimate is from 3334.00 USD per couple at WL includs, 5 days 4 night and flowers, UPH passes, wedding coordinator, small reception, music, a special dinner. And one of five outside locations for the cermony.

2. Permium Deluxe includes the above and a cermony at the Wedding Pavillion. Organist for the cermony, and cake and champagne, on the terrace at GF, for 3984.00 USD

Addtional guests beyond the bride and groom were $55 children
$75 for adults this is for cake, champange and dinner/lunch on the day of the wedding.

Inimate weddings for the partys up to 10 people including the bride and groom.

3. The DCL also does Inimate weddings starting at approximately 6300.00 USD('01).

4. Custom Wedding Events are for 11+

And these done on a minimum expediure per person invited. Before 2pm it was $ 75 USD + 19% service charge and 6% tax. After 2 pm it was 100 USD + per person invited.
You must also guarantee a certian number of hotel room nights depending on the number of quests you have contracted for. Includes one night in a Deluxe hotel for the wedding couple.

Penny

I have the knowledge I can do the planning for any wedding, lol. Hey the coordinator has to be there right!::yes::

More information is avaliable on
your fairy tale

Penny you are definitley IN!!. We need all the money saving- someone knows what they are doing tips we can get.
DH just rolls his eyes:earseek:
One thing we did agree we had to have were characters at the reception. I seen the prices-$675 for one for 30 mins, $1040 for two and $13 something for 3.

The price would be so worth having Mickey and Minnie or Chip and Dale (my personal choice) at the reception.

They have several options for entertainment during the time of the wedding and for the rehearsal dinner or welcome event.

The options are endless.

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter