DCL transportation vs PAT Miami

JR6162

Earning My Ears
I booked a last minute cruise on the Dream leaving on Monday from Miami. Even though we added DCL transfers from airport to port, our PAT is 2:45 pm (Boarding Group 30). I'm sure that's because I booked so last minute. But, we will be at the airport at 9:30 am. We will already have to wait until they start the buses at 10:30 am, but do we need to wait further since our PAT is so late? I know they've been turning people away at the port if you arrive earlier than your PAT. I'm just trying to figure out if it's best to wait at the airport before boarding the bus or go ahead and go. I would hate to wait outside the terminal in the heat. You would think a platinum cruiser would know these things, but this is our first time out of Miami. :smooth: Thank you!

A Platinum cruiser in the past, in Miami, wouldn’t have had a PAT, either. This is something new to all of us.

This is addressed lots of times in this forum - and I keep reading that you go with the first available bus when your plane arrives and they let everyone on the bus get processed on arrival.

I wouldn’t want to hang around Miami airport and believe you will not be hanging out in the sun. You might, however, be waiting inside the port terminal for your Group to be called. (and those go pretty quickly).

I booked a last minute cruise on the Dream leaving on Monday from Miami. Even though we added DCL transfers from airport to port, our PAT is 2:45 pm (Boarding Group 30). I'm sure that's because I booked so last minute. But, we will be at the airport at 9:30 am. We will already have to wait until they start the buses at 10:30 am, but do we need to wait further since our PAT is so late? I know they've been turning people away at the port if you arrive earlier than your PAT. I'm just trying to figure out if it's best to wait at the airport before boarding the bus or go ahead and go. I would hate to wait outside the terminal in the heat. You would think a platinum cruiser would know these things, but this is our first time out of Miami. :smooth: Thank you!
This is EXACTLY us (lol almost... not platinum just our 4th DCL, but 1st MIA) for this Monday! Please let me know how your arrival went. Thanks so much!

This is EXACTLY us (lol almost... not platinum just our 4th DCL, but 1st MIA) for this Monday! Please let me know how your arrival went. Thanks so much!
Our plane arrived at 9:30 am and we were met downstairs in luggage claim by a DCL cast member. They directed us to the check in and once we got to the check in, we inquired what would happen. They told us to go ahead and get on the bus when it arrived (approximately 10:30 am) and we did just that. However, when we arrived to the port, they were only letting people inside with PAT's of 11:45 am or earlier. We sat outside for a bit until the worker outside felt sorry for us and let us on in (there was also not a lot of people arriving at that time). We got checked in then went upstairs to the waiting area until they called your PAT. But, as soon as they got to Group 25, then they let everyone board, so we didn't have to wait until our group calling at 30. We were on the ship by 1:35 pm, completed our muster drill assignment, and was in Animator's Palate eating lunch by 1:55 pm. So overall, not bad. Hope you have an amazing time!!

A huge thank you this is so helpful! We will try our best pitiful looks & hope for sympathy to get us in a littler early. :)
Wishing you a magical weekend!!

A huge thank you this is so helpful! We will try our best pitiful looks & hope for sympathy to get us in a littler early. :)
Wishing you a magical weekend!!
We may have to do the same. I am platinum and not used to having to wait for port arrival times. Haven't cruised since Covid. We have two options for hotels if we stay at the airport we will have to take the Disney Cruise transportation at checkout time. If we stay at the holiday inn their shuttle only leaves at 11. At least that's what I've been told. We're traveling with a wheelchair a small child and two adults. Hopefully they'll have pity on us and let us in. Still hoping to get an early port arrival time check in is in 23 hours

How did this go? Our hotel shuttle will get us there at 11ish but our PAT is 11:30. Debating taking a Lyft a bit later. Our luggage tags never came- so we will need to figure that out down there too.

How did this go? Our hotel shuttle will get us there at 11ish but our PAT is 11:30. Debating taking a Lyft a bit later. Our luggage tags never came- so we will need to figure that out down there too.
If your PAT is 11:30 and you get there at 11, I think you will be just fine. It'll likely take you that long just to get checked in and upstairs. When we arrived to the port around 11 am, they were only letting PAT's of 11:45 or earlier inside. Since our PAT wasn't until 2:45, that is why we had to sit outside for a bit. But I honestly think you have a great PAT! Hope you have a magical cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter