DCL protocols if Covid outbreak occurs that exceeds CDC guidelines?

Bibbobboo2u

Always planning something Disney!
I have checked the DCL website today since the release of their updated protocols, and I cannot find anything about what they will do if an outbreak occurs that requires them to end a cruise early. Has anyone found this info, and if so, can you direct me to the right place to review it? Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!!!

They will likely follow CDC guidance. Everyone quarantines in rooms, they return to home port ASAP. Mandatory disembark testing.

Any idea how many cases = an outbreak?
They have color coding defined:

• Green = No reports of COVID-19 or COVID-19-like illness (CLI) for 7 days, as determined by a qualified medical professional
  • Orange = Cases reported in less than 0.10% of passengers (e.g., if 6500* passengers are on board, it would take at least 7 passenger-cases during the previous 7 days to meet CDC’s investigation threshold), and no crew cases reported.
  • Yellow = Cases reported in 0.10% or more of passengers (e.g., if 6500* passengers on board, CDC’s investigation threshold is met if there are 7 or more cases among passengers occurring during the previous 7 days), or one or more cases reported in crew.
  • Red = sustained transmission of COVID-19 or CLI, or potential for COVID-19 cases to overwhelm on board medical center resources.
So as I understand this, which should not be taken as any kind of gospel, it depends on what the onboard medical center can handle; there is further detail about links between cases, number of ventilators available, and vaccination percentage of passengers. I would assume that at Red, they turn the ship around, and Yellow may also trigger that as it triggers CDC investigation.

[
They have color coding defined:

• Green = No reports of COVID-19 or COVID-19-like illness (CLI) for 7 days, as determined by a qualified medical professional
  • Orange = Cases reported in less than 0.10% of passengers (e.g., if 6500* passengers are on board, it would take at least 7 passenger-cases during the previous 7 days to meet CDC’s investigation threshold), and no crew cases reported.
  • Yellow = Cases reported in 0.10% or more of passengers (e.g., if 6500* passengers on board, CDC’s investigation threshold is met if there are 7 or more cases among passengers occurring during the previous 7 days), or one or more cases reported in crew.
  • Red = sustained transmission of COVID-19 or CLI, or potential for COVID-19 cases to overwhelm on board medical center resources.
So as I understand this, which should not be taken as any kind of gospel, it depends on what the onboard medical center can handle; there is further detail about links between cases, number of ventilators available, and vaccination percentage of passengers. I would assume that at Red, they turn the ship around, and Yellow may also trigger that as it triggers CDC investigation.
Thank you for the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter