DCL phone lines down?

Same exact thing. Post when / if you get through. Good luck!
I have to warn you that now they are on hold with Disney so we've started the hold process over again They'll take your phone number and promise to call back if you get disconnected

Thanks for the heads up!! At this point, I'd take any progress.

How long were you on hold this second time after you got disconnected / before you got a live human being?

Just called an hour ago (Disney Cruise UK number calling from the UK) and got through very quickly to an agent. She took details and then said it was about 25 mins hold for her to speak with the Cruise reservation team, it was about 30 mins and she came back with the price. She used some of the 30 min wait to take all our party details etc and then once she had the price etc we reconfirmed everything, took deposit payment etc and we were done. Total call time was just under 50 mins.

I started calling right a 8 this morning. Many, many busy signals. Finally got through and was on hold for a half hour before my call was dropped. Repeated process, and on hold for over an hour before call was dropped. Third time was the charm. I'm not sure how long I was on hold that time, but my cruise is booked!! Once you have an agent on the phone, I would advise giving them your number just in case something goes awry and the call is disconnected. Good luck to everyone, and happy future sailing.

ok! 6 hours and 2 minutes later, literally... a bunch of problems and my room is only on hold :(

I gave them my payment and it said declined, even though it IS pending on my credit card. So Costco is going to call Disney on Sunday and figure out what happened.

She promised I would not lose my room or my rate. So I really hope that is correct.

I will say, I could have absolutely booked myself on disney's site, BUT I'm getting an $835 cash card so the hassle is worth it to me.

Thanks for the heads up!! At this point, I'd take any progress.

How long were you on hold this second time after you got disconnected / before you got a live human being?
Sorry, I'm such a newbie at this that I wasn't allowed to reply for a while. It took about 35-45 minutes once I was able to connect with Costco

Was on the phone with Costco for 2.5 hours, the TA said pretty much all he was handling today was cancellations.

Someday Disney will fix this and let you do all of the changes using a website. Absolutely crazy in 2020 you have to call a live person.

Someday Disney will fix this and let you do all of the changes using a website. Absolutely crazy in 2020 you have to call a live person.
Up until a couple of years ago you could change your cruise online. They changed so you couldn’t. No cruise lines have online changes you always have to call.

Up until a couple of years ago you could change your cruise online. They changed so you couldn’t. No cruise lines have online changes you always have to call.

It seem so 20th century. Why do you have to call a live person which inevitably ends up causing long waits on hold. Plus staffing phone lines is very expensive. Wish the cruise lines would operate like the airlines do and encourage you to make all changes online. If you call a live person they charge you.

It seem so 20th century. Why do you have to call a live person which inevitably ends up causing long waits on hold. Plus staffing phone lines is very expensive. Wish the cruise lines would operate like the airlines do and encourage you to make all changes online. If you call a live person they charge you.

So you don't cancel and/or change to a later cruise? When money flows the other way around I don't see any issue with using the DCL website. Booking a new cruise always work perfectly. Even booked a cruise a few days ago when all Disney IT was down and you couldn't make any ADR/FP/resort reservation at WDW/activities at DCL.

So you don't cancel and/or change to a later cruise? When money flows the other way around I don't see any issue with using the DCL website. Booking a new cruise always work perfectly. Even booked a cruise a few days ago when all Disney IT was down and you couldn't make any ADR/FP/resort reservation at WDW/activities at DCL.

I always book on board the ship, but often book a placeholder that I later have to change. I was on hold with Costco for 70 minutes on Wednesday after they release the Summer 2021 cruises. I wish I could have just made the changes online.

I always book on board the ship, but often book a placeholder that I later have to change. I was on hold with Costco for 70 minutes on Wednesday after they release the Summer 2021 cruises. I wish I could have just made the changes online.

Sure, the current system sucks. I was just pointing out that booking “rack rates” never required calling an agent. Everything that would give you back some money (booking a placeholder, changing a reservation, cancelling) does require a call.

True, that's unfortunate and inconvenient, but I guess I can see why they do that.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter