DCL or Atlantis?

kid@heart

DIS Veteran
Okay, we were set on going on a 7 night Disney cruise next year and now Atlantis is a possibility. We've done the cruise and know we love it. What are the pros and cons to Atlantis. Anyone been? Want to make a wise choice. In advance, THANKS!
:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I would do DCL and visit Atlantis on port day. I bet you could use points for that day too!

Well that's what we plan on doing next year anyway. Not sure if I want to stay at Atlantis for 7 days and I've read that the food is very expensive so I want to check it out first.

Are you doing one of the Special Itineraries next year? We booked the 7 Day 2 Castaway Cay for Sept 06.

We went to Atlantis for 5 nights in 2000. We had a blast, but we've never gone back. It's just too $$$. The food was insanely $$$. I'm very glad that we got to take that trip, though. We got upgraded to the Royal Towers, and to a Jr. Suite at that! We could never afford to replicate that trip, that's for sure. It's a fun place, but very $$$$$.

Seven days would be way too long at Atlantis. There just isn't enough to do. Yes, the food is very expensive and in my opinion the quality does not match the prices. It would be fine for a 3 day weekend but not much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter