DCL House Parties are Back! *** PLANNING THREAD ***

Looked at the 5/20 sailing and it would be $193 per night for 2 adults in a Cat 11 (no transfers/no insurance). I thought maybe DCL had picked that date because the ship was empty, but that rate sure doesn't reflect it. I've cruised with verandahs for that per night cost. :sad2:

I find it very curious that they limited it to a specific sailing. My thought is that if a large number of people were to end up booking that cruise to take advantage of the $50/pp offer, then the prices would go up on the cruise due to the increased demand, and thus the prices could go up higher than the $50 discount is worth. So by everyone booking to take advantage of the offer, we'd all be driving up the price for each other on that cruise! Luckily we already have 2 cruises planned for 2010 so we won't be looking to book that one!

Just arrived home from our DCL House Party, what a fun time talking "all things" Disney and DCL!!! Thanks Gayle & John (allears) for the most "Excellent" evening!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

YEP!

Look on this thread's post #194 on page 13. The link is there. I went through all thirteen pages earlier today trying to find the same darn thing! So glad a DISer posted it though :)

Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! You are a life saver!

I could not find it and thought that I was going to have an empty towel table at the party.

Saved and printed:thanks:

I have extra party tokens that I am happy to send out to my fellow DISers (I was one of the people who got lots and would love to share). Also, I don't know if anyone's interested, but if you want to sign up for my event to be eligible for any special offers for guests, you are welcome to PM me. I was just finalizing my details, and thought gosh, I have all these extra tokens that perhaps others would enjoy!

I am an all adult concept. I am going for mostly, but not all, DCL appetizers from the recent menus, and doing it a tad later than the official date to help guest schedules. So I get to look at ideas from parties on the official date to get more ideas! My highlight so far is going to be the orange and mango soup... am going to serve in small glasses with sour cream diluted with OJ, piped into the top in two small circles and a bigger one to make Mickey ears.

Have a great time tomorrow, to everyone who is having their event on the official day!!! :goodvibes

Cynthia

I also have plenty of token numbers left over. I would love to give my fellow DIS'ers a chance to win. Just PM me.

We had a death in the family this AM. Looks like no party for us. I will have to drop off the goodie bags at guests houses tomorrow after the funeral. I'll have plenty of tokens left if anyone needs a ##.

--H

Had a nice little party this afternoon. 6 people came and enjoyed music, the video, cheese, crackers, fruit and mini cheese souffles. The Konk Kooler was a hit!

I too had 5 people, it was great. We had good food, good drinks, and talked about past and future cruises.

I too had 5 people, it was great. We had good food, good drinks, and talked about past and future cruises.

Loved my Konk Kooler and always enjoy talking DCL! I'm thinking you need to share the receipe for the french toast casserole too!

Also enjoyed the puppy loving! pug:

Just got home from my House Party!

I live an hour from Port Canaveral, so my party was held at Jetty Park and Cocoa Beach. We met, parked on the Jetty, and spent the afternoon on the beach, then we headed over to where we parked put up balloons, signs, and put on our Mickey Hands.

We waved to everyone on the Magic as it sailed out to sea, then it was onto Dinner at Rusty's at Port Canaveral. Where we passed out our Goodies bags and then we headed home.

It was a fantastic Day lots of fun and hopefully one of my guests or myself will win the free cruise.

As far as the $50 discount per person off the Sailing in May would be nice but we had priced that exact cruise on Wednesday as its 2 days after my b'day and my vacation had been approved (before getting the email on Thursday) and it was $1600 Cat 8 for 2 Adults insurance but no transfers. Got the email on thursday priced the cruise it went up over $200 for the same category. Seems fishy to me. Not worth it for $100 off for a 3 day cruise.

But we had a great Party and glad we did it!

Well it's 11:00 and we just said goodbye to the last couple. The party was a huge success. We had 19 people attend and had just the best time. Everyone was glad to hear that there was a recipe for the Konch Coolers in their goody bag.We did Cookies BBQ. kept the food pretty simple. Had Publix make a cake with a pic of the Magic on it. Will post pics tomorrow, too tired right now

Good night :cloud9:

Okay it is 1:54 AM... We just finished the pick up. Last guest left at 1:15.. Didn't we realize the clubs closed at midnight.:lmao: Now we have to all just figure out the tokens in the morning. It was a good time....:thumbsup2 Talk to you my DIS Family in the day light hours.;)

We had to postpone our party due to all the kids that were out of school due to H1n1. I am just starting to pull everything together for our new date. BUT I have never been able to access the Host Party site - I don't know if it is Vista, a cookie problem with my computer or what. :confused3 I am very frustrated.
If there was a page of downloads (as in page 13 on this thread from the 2007 party), can someone send me the link to it? At this point I don't think I will ever be able to get on the site and I am afraid that it will disappear.
Thanks!!
jude

Hi, I just wanted to let you know it's not Vista - i have Vista and am able to access just fine. :) Did you try to clear out your cache?

Hi, I just wanted to let you know it's not Vista - i have Vista and am able to access just fine. :) Did you try to clear out your cache?

I am so computer illiterate. I have no idea what a "cache" is - other than, unfortunately, in a military connotation!!!! :rolleyes1

well we had our party yesterday al went well, i had about 10 guests we played pass the coconut, towel swans, they followed Ducky and drew Mickey,visited the buffet and oh and almost forgot, the boarding photo,A great time for all, almost all of them had never been on a cruise.:cool1:

I am so computer illiterate. I have no idea what a "cache" is - other than, unfortunately, in a military connotation!!!! :rolleyes1

I had a problem with the HP site until I cleared my cache -- go to the "help" tab in your browser and search on "cache" and it will give you directions.

The party I attended last night was nice. The host, CarolG, made Konch Koolers and they were great! I haven't set sail on the DCL yet and had never had a Konch Kooler so I don't know what to compare it to.
There was a ton of food and desserts, the house was nicely decorated, and there were other kids for my dd to play with.

I met some really nice people and another DVC member and Disney fan (Erin). The video was nice because it gave my mother-in-law a little view of what we would be seeing and doing on our cruise (when she was awake :lmao:).

The host, Carol, had such nice gifts for us all and made us feel at home. She handed out crafts, bandanas, an eye patch, coffee mugs :lovestruc, a dcl brochure book loaded with a ton of information about the wonder and the magic, but not enough info about the dream :confused3. I would have liked to see the layout of the ship with room numbers and the layout of the staterooms the way the book had for the wonder and the magic.

The party was pretty comical as well. Between my mother-in-law dozing off during the dvd video, another guest bluntly saying "I don't know why any adult would want to go on a Disney Cruise" and the owner of the house saying "There are some people who are really into the whole 'Disney' thing" :rotfl:....While I'm sitting across the room with Mickey and Minnie tatooed on my feet and Erin getting as giddy as a school girl over the new "aquaduck" (yeah I was too!! ;))....I can imagine that we were both thinking "She has NO idea!" :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2Overall, I'm glad we attended the party and can't wait for our next wdw trip and 1st Disney cruise! :woohoo:

This may have been posted already, but did anyone figure out how the sweepstakes works with regards to host vs. guest. The rules say that there are 2 prizes but doesn't specifically say that there is one for hosts & one for guests. I guess I was under that impression from previous posts. But how would they know I was a host ... other than my email address matches the one on houseparty.com. I'm just confused!

We had a great party. We had 8 adults & 9 kids. I think everyone had fun. We started at 3:00 & the last guests (dear friends) left at midnight.

Putting a shout out to my Fairy Godmother who aslo threw a party in Clear Lake--

Your gifts went over SPLENDIDLY! :worship::worship::worship:
There were nine adults (including me and Mr. FFerret) and eight kids--four of them over 10 years old. Even the big kids liked to pin the treasure chest on the x. Who knew? :dance3:

We all had a blast--hope yours was just as fun!

And good luck on the sweepstakes cruise :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter